It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn State protesters throw temper tantrum after failing to stop Shapiro speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant
It's alright. Doesn't seem the name calling has started yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Reminds me of the protestors at Milo Yiannopoulos events that resort to pulling fire alarms instead of actually engaging in a discussion.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Reminds me of the protestors at Milo Yiannopoulos events that resort to pulling fire alarms instead of actually engaging in a discussion.

Did these "protesters" happen to be radical feminists?
Sounds very similar to how they operate outside MRA meetings...
I don't support the MRA or even like Ben Shapiro but people whom can't confront opposing views with reason it seems they choose to resort to the most childish attempts at stifling the right to assemble and freedom of expression.
Seriously WTF has this world come to.
edit on 4pm30America/Chicago3009America/Chicagopm410 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Personally, I think there should be an area in which these protesters can gather and protest, but not so close as to disrupt the gathering. If they get out of the area, they get arrested for disturbing the peace and/or trespassing.

These disruptors don't play by the rules and not on an even playing field. There is no civility and respect for others.

I would feel the same way if was right wingers protesting a leftist speaker, but I do not hear about those.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

If it's in a public area they can do whatever they want as long as they are not violent, but most of these events are held at private venues and a lot of these "protestors" are breaking the law by crashing it.

But the last few events Milo held at colleges and universities were cut short because of triggered liberals pulling fire alarms. Whether you agree or disagree with him using tactics like this is just so weak and childish.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
The world can't be this dumb.
Wanna bet?
Look around you my friend.

I also want to ad that I really liked one of your previous comments.

Social media has given birth to the least intelligent generation of humans yet. Ensuring our demise as not one of these snowflakes will ever invent the time machine necessary to go back and undo the damage.

And that's about all I'm going to say in this thread cause when it comes to BLM my filter suddenly quits working and my ability to stay civil goes out the window.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

BLM has become the biggest racial agitator group in America, supplanting the KKK by miles.

I don't know why they are given a free pass by politicians and the media to get away with all the violent protests and hate speech you see coming from it's advocates.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

BLM has become the biggest racial agitator group in America, supplanting the KKK by miles.
Exactly!

And the reason they get a free pass is cause anyone who opposes is labeled racist.
You know, cause white privilege and all.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

You know, cause white privilege and all.

That and the fallacious argument of "only white people can be racist.."
If this was in reverse (white lives matter) the media would have been churning out the white supremacist narrative in a heart beat.

# I hate double standards so GD much.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
If they were actually against racism and for equality they would refuse to recognize race...
edit on 8-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Perhaps, charge the University president for accessory to crimes committed by the disruptors by way of encouraging an environment of hate and division in these very institutes crying for diversity and inclusion.

If the president does nothing to curb disruptors, then charge him/with accessory, aiding an abetting, and whatever else.

Everywhere else, someone in charge is held accountable, why not there?

I might be way off base here...just thinking out loud and making discussion.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I live mere miles from campus. Have most of my life. I naively thought this town and campus were above "snowflake syndrome" and unjust hate. Guess I was wrong.

This cancer that is BLM, safe spaces and feeling "hurt" by someone's views has quickly spread its infectious tentacles to every campus across our nation. Talk about devolution... It's honestly, simply put, sad.

And this is coming from a millennial who gets constantly bashed for our entitled generation. Just know that some of us can read between the lines, and see what this crap actually is... Garbage. Hate spreading, race baiting filth.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised anymore, at this behavior.

I just wonder if it will peter out or something drastic will happen to stop it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

In related news, Duke has a backbone and won't cave to demands and will arrest if they don't stop a protest sit in.

Refreshing news.
edit on 8-4-2016 by gator2001 because: To fix link

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ummm...we need to seriously drop the L From BLM...

Cause their racist shut down of other peoples rights.........is a...crap...fest...

Heretofore...they shall be addressed only as...BM...

I can hardly wait for an avatar of that particular matrix...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Now you know why I throw my "Dear Alumni" mail away. The Progressives have taken over our educational system. The reason that these "people" are called "protesters" is because the faculty agrees and encourages them.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Seems as though Obama may have a future in organizing this community once he leaves office.

He'll need a job, and apparently this community of protestors needs an organizer with a clock.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Now you know why I throw my "Dear Alumni" mail away. The Progressives have taken over our educational system. The reason that these "people" are called "protesters" is because the faculty agrees and encourages them.

Haha...I'm not the only one that ignores alumni mail. And for similar reasons, although I'll add in there that the current school design takes much more money than it needs and gives way too many educations on subjects that people will never use in their adult lives, and doesn't mandate subjects that do matter post-college (like, let's just say, personal finances).

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

If they were in the right, they would labeled as: full of hate or a gang of bullies.

They are on the left, so their actions is a representation of how a tolerant and open minded group reacts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join