It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaires are leaving Chicago, report says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Heard this on Alex Jones radio show had to verify. Crazy how I can't listen to any media sources outside of alternative sources to here anything besides completely biased by partisan politics bs.

www.chicagotribune.com...

About 3,000 individuals with net assets of $1 million or more, not including their primary residence, moved from the city last year, with many citing rising racial tensions and worries about crime as factors in the decision, according to research firm New World Wealth. That represented about 2 percent of the city's high net worth individuals.

So sad that such an amazing city is now turning into Detroit.

But let's place Isreal, Libyas, Mexicos, China's, Africa's, and Europes problems above ours.

i remember after boot camp in the Navy going to downtown Chicago and going to the top of the Sears tower and looking down at the Navy Peir, and the stadium.

Very sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am sure Chicago is a great place to earn some wealth but once you have some money and passive income I personally would rather be in Seattle or San Francisco (Seattle probably more for me) which is getting a high influx of millionairs.

Of course I am not an American so I am only basing that off of terms like "windy city" and well... the west coast. I am on the west coast and what some call the humble abode of Cascadia. Never going to leave, shotty economy or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

If you became a millionaire you would just be average in San Fran or places like La Jolla where rent can be upwards of 4-5k a month for a one bedroom.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I lived there for just shy of a decade. The food was amazing. I never felt any tension but the crime rate was abysmal.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Screw Chicago. They did to themselves.

Enjoy.

Same applies to any other hell hole in the making.

edit on 4 7 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm in Chicago. I don't know how accurate the article is, but it is probably "half true".

Chicago is a beautiful world class city (despite the crazy violence which is not really in Chicago proper). However, the winter weather sucks donkey balls. A lot of people move to warmer climates once they retire or maybe make the warmer place their official home and only visit Chicago in the spring/summer.

With that said, many higher income people are looking at the financial bomb that is Illinois and Chicago from decades of liberal democrats mismanaging the state finances to payoff their union buddies. We know we are going to get socked with the bill and deciding to GTFO before it is too late.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Why are they moving to liberal democrat cities:

"Cities in the United States that saw a net inflow of millionaires included Seattle and San Francisco."

And those cities pay a high minimum wage and have the ACA.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Why are they moving to liberal democrat cities:

"Cities in the United States that saw a net inflow of millionaires included Seattle and San Francisco."

And those cities pay a high minimum wage and have the ACA.

San Francisco is a beautiful city and people move their in spite of the liberal whack jobs, not because of them. Also it is the center of the Tech boom and a lot of the millionaires probably either work in tech or ancillary industries like finance. Also, they are millionaires, so they can afford the outrageous high cost of living. You really think a millionaire gives a flying F about the ACA and high minimum wage?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But, you said democrats were responsible for the bad management and destruction of Chicago. I don't think millionaires are dumb enough to invest in property and a life that will be destroyed by democrat policies.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Im in IL and I will tell you it's not just the millionaires leaving this hellhole. IL has no budget..people aren't getting paid..they are cutting services left and right and now the colleges and universities are feeling the pain. SIU is bleeding students daily..they have seen such a drop in enrollment that they are now talking about laying off teachers. I just saw a report on our local news that the elementary, middle, & HS are next to feel the pain.

We are literally...taxed to death in the state. We live in a city less than 20K people..we have NOTHING here but the usual Walmart and O'Charleys..the taxes for our county are INSANE...we live in a 1959 house on a decent lot (under .22 acres) a regular city lot...we pay 3500 bucks a year. My parents live in the country no far..they have 14 acres and pay almost 12K/year. People are leaving in droves..no jobs (or really sucky jobs) that don't pay enough to own even a decent home. Things are very expensive here..it's horrible! My husband has just begun to look for a transfer to another state. Hopefully, we are going to be gone by fall.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Instead of blaming democraps, blame corrupt policies and the federal government creating poor economic conditions around the country.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

many higher income people are looking at the financial bomb that is Illinois and Chicago from decades of liberal democrats mismanaging the state finances to payoff their union buddies.

I just saw an ad on Amazon Prime, asking people to call their reps and stop Puerto Rico from declaring bankruptcy, because they're afraid Illinois will soon follow. This state has spent itself in to a black hole, with no possibility of getting out and it still continues. State money is basically an empty promise and they stopped paying even small lottery winners there for a while. They've even changed the fines for everything. Now, even a traffic ticket is automatically $120 and go up from there. This state is desperateto bring in money any way they can, but it's too late. They'll never bring in enough to pay off all the cushy pensions they promised or to pay for any future needs of the state. Illinois is running on an maxed out credit card and the payments are long past due. Businesses are bailing and jobs are getting scarce. Crime is going up in Chicago and I can't blame anyone who wants to get out of that cesspool.
edit on 7-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
Im in IL and I will tell you it's not just the millionaires leaving this hellhole. IL has no budget..people aren't getting paid..they are cutting services left and right and now the colleges and universities are feeling the pain. SIU is bleeding students daily..they have seen such a drop in enrollment that they are now talking about laying off teachers. I just saw a report on our local news that the elementary, middle, & HS are next to feel the pain.

We are literally...taxed to death in the state. We live in a city less than 20K people..we have NOTHING here but the usual Walmart and O'Charleys..the taxes for our county are INSANE...we live in a 1959 house on a decent lot (under .22 acres) a regular city lot...we pay 3500 bucks a year. My parents live in the country no far..they have 14 acres and pay almost 12K/year. People are leaving in droves..no jobs (or really sucky jobs) that don't pay enough to own even a decent home. Things are very expensive here..it's horrible! My husband has just begun to look for a transfer to another state. Hopefully, we are going to be gone by fall.

Good God! Those real estate taxes are insane!!!! All those taxes and the schools are suffering? Chicago is also one of the more corrupt cities. Yeah, I'd get the heck out of there. It's a no win for the most part.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

But, you said democrats were responsible for the bad management and destruction of Chicago. I don't think millionaires are dumb enough to invest in property and a life that will be destroyed by democrat policies.

100% Republican's fault for Chicago.

It all goes back to the last Republican Mayor that got voted out in 1931.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I would say criminals and guns destroyed the city and infiltrated the political system. Chicago should be a lesson to democrat voters and politicians. Much like the republican party has been infiltrated with evangelicals that make laws to discriminate against women, children, gays, transgenders.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I would say criminals and guns destroyed the city and infiltrated the political system. Chicago should be a lesson to democrat voters and politicians. Much like the republican party has been infiltrated with evangelicals that make laws to discriminate against women, children, gays, transgenders.

Democrat criminal political corruption policies breed private sector crime.

In Chicago, it outweighs anything Republicans have done by at least 1000x.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Millionaires are probably leaving Chicago because they may be raising taxes. Millionaires don't have to worry about crime.

They will never come near the Chicago inner city crime. They live in gated, sheltered communities where if a black face is seen he's either a janitor or maid, or in handcuffs if he or she is not identifiable.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
wha? they don't wanna stay in Chiraq?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Like making people pay for water that is poisoning their children, then lie? That good republican policy. Constructing 288 laws against women, that good republican policy?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Is that republican policy or policy from bad people?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join