It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Al Qaeda a Bush boogeyman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Al Qaeda

Published on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 by the Los Angeles Times
Is Al Qaeda Just a Bush Boogeyman?
Is it conceivable that Al Qaeda, as defined by President Bush as the center of a vast and well-organized international terrorist conspiracy, does not exist?

by Robert Scheer

Is it conceivable that Al Qaeda, as defined by President Bush as the center of a vast and well-organized international terrorist conspiracy, does not exist?

To even raise the question amid all the officially inspired hysteria is heretical, especially in the context of the U.S. media's supine acceptance of administration claims relating to national security. Yet a brilliant new BBC film produced by one of Britain's leading documentary filmmakers systematically challenges this and many other accepted articles of faith in the so-called war on terror.

Interesting. I just wanted to put this out there to get your opinions.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Al-Queda clearly exists. It amazes me that conspiracy theorists state otherwise. Whether or not it poses the threat that the Bush administration maintains is another issue entirely.

It's undeniable that Ossama bin Laden finances and spiritually guides a huge number of radical Muslims in a jihad against the West.

It's also undeniable that the Bush administration uses this fact to its own advantage wherever and whenever possible.

Remember the adage "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you"

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Worth posting, nonetheless. LA Times throws it out as a possibility. I too think they exist, somewhere.
What, me, paranoid???

*checks mirror*

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Actually that was a generic "you" I wouldn't call you paranoid because I often agree with you

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Deevee, i think I AM paranoid

What makes Al Qaeda suspicious is that the term wasnt even used untill 1998 or so.
Check this out:'Bin Laden never used the term al-Qaeda prior to 9/11', Dolnik tells me. 'Nor am I aware of the name being used by operatives on trial. The closest they came were in statements such as, "Yes, I am a member of what you call al-Qaeda". The only name used by al-Qaeda themselves was the World Islamic Front for the Struggle Against Jews and Crusaders - but I guess that's too long to really stick.'

-from Friendsofliberty.com

[edit on 12-1-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Al Qeada exists yes...........but is Bush using them as a BOOGYMAN? looks that way to me.......
I wish he would 'pick' a differant BOOGYMAN to go after,...like hungar and homeless issues. Maybe even make underfunded education the 'boogyman'.....

Ya there sure could be other 'boogeys' that can use a good 'chasing down'.....right here in the good ol USA.

top topics

join