It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton: 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Are Defending Murders And Drug Dealers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So Bill Clinton was speaking at a rally and some Black Lives Matter activists started shouting.

Ol' Bill got rattled and made some interesting comments...

He said the people were defending people that killed the people who "matter".

Wild and desperate I would say.

I wonder if this will affect the Hillary Campaign?

LOL

Bill Clinton: 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Are Defending Murders And Drug Dealers

On Thursday, while Bill Clinton was giving a speech to a crowd of Hillary Clinton supporters, he was repeatedly interrupted by Black Lives Matter protesters.

He responded to them, saying, "you are defending the people who killed the lives you say matter. Tell the truth."

Watch the clips here:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
He's right. If this affects Hillary's campaign in any way it'll probably be in a positive direction. I don't think it will affect anything though.
edit on 4/7/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I enjoy how these candidates and their significant others start saying how they really feel when they are forced off script. The fact is that Bill Clinton was telling the truth about what he thinks and it was refreshing to see.

I always liked Bill. I sort of feel sorry for him being married to Hilary.

Bill is a guy I could have a beer with and talk sports.

Hilary is a beast of a woman.

edit on 2016/4/7 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
He is right. Of course, if Trump or some other conservative said this in the same type of forum, it would be all over the news as being racist.

People have been saying this since BLM started. It isn't black lives matter. It is black thug lives matter.

Black lives didn't matter when Freddie Gray was out selling dope?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wonder if Bill first cleared those comments with George Soros.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nice Bill!

Keep going! please!

I'll vote for Hillary if she talks like this

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm sure we won't see the usual BLM apologist in the thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The man has a point.

A very good point.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Wild and desperate I would say.

He's obviously defending Hillary's "super predator" comments made back in the early 90's in support of the crime bill that he himself signed into law.

You do realize that right?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

LOL

retroactive hyperventilating micro-management

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Can't really disagree with him.

I'm glad someone of some stature actually said what needed to be said about BLM. Black Lives Matter is pretty much an extension of the New Black Panther Party.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Here's some more of his comments which are conveniently missing from the Weekly Standard's clip.

CBS News - Bill Clinton responds to Black Lives Matter protesters

During the second half of the former president's speech, protesters erupted, yelling about sentencing and welfare reform, according to reports.

"Here's the thing, I like protesters. But the ones who won't let you answer are afraid of the truth," said Clinton, who then defended the 1994 crime bill that Congress passed and he signed while in office.

"Because of that bill, we had a 25-year low in crime, a 33-low in the murder rate and because of that and the background check law, we had a 46-year-low in the deaths of people by gun violence and who do you think those lives were that mattered? Whose lives were saved that mattered?"

The former president said his wife was the first candidate in the 2016 race to say "Let's get these people who did non-violent offenses out of prison." One protester's sign said "black youth are not super predators," and Clinton then appeared to respond to that.

"I don't know how you would characterize the gang leaders who got 13-year-old kids hopped up on crack, sent them out onto the street to murder other African-American children," Clinton said. "Maybe you thought they were good citizens, she didn't. She didn't. You are defending the people who kill the lives you say matter. Tell the truth. You are defending the people who cause young people to go out and take guns."

Other observations:

- Nobody got sucker punched, kicked or otherwise assaulted by some wanna be badasses.
- I thought BLM protesters were all in George Soros's pocket and therefore pro-Hillary?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

- I thought BLM protesters were all in George Soros's pocket and therefore pro-Hillary?

Maybe they weren't really representing BLM.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

Can't really disagree with him.

I'm glad someone of some stature actually said what needed to be said about BLM. Black Lives Matter is pretty much an extension of the New Black Panther Party.

BLM is not an extension of the New Black Panther Party.

Do you just say things?

The NBPP is basically a militant offshoot of the Nation of Islam. Trying to equate the two is like comparing Tea Partiers to the Hammerskins.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So you're telling me there isn't a connection between New Black Panther Party Members that support Black Lives Matter and protest with them?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

So you're telling me there isn't a connection between New Black Panther Party Members that support Black Lives Matter and protest with them?

If you're going to go that route, to be consistent you'd also have to believe that Trump supporters are "pretty much an extension" of the KKK since there are some klansmen who support Donald Trump and attend his rallies.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If you're going to go that route, to be consistent you'd also have to believe that Trump supporters are "pretty much an extension" of the KKK since there are some klansmen who support Donald Trump and attend his rallies.

Not really. Trump is running for POTUS, not a protest movement.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Really?

Name them.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Bill Clinton telling it how it is. its why everyone doesn't jump on the bandwagon. hilarious it had to come from him. imagine the uproar of a non Democrat saying that lol msnbc would gush.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I got nothing bad to say about this.

I mean, i kick Willy's ass all over the place for 2 full terms, and keep kicking it 16 years after he's left office. So its not that I want to be on his side.

But he called it. And he's (generally) correct.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join