It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello! Back after a long time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hello everyone! My name is Lydia and I was a member here a long time ago. I think the last time I logged in was in 2009. I couldnt recover my old account, so here I am again! I spent a lot of time here back in the day. I bought into a lot of the conspiracy stuff of Alex Jones, and became super paranoid as a result and that was totally unhealthy for me. After distancing myself from all that and graduating college I took off on a wild trip across the country and ended up on the west coast. I left everything behind, including this forum. But now I'm back! Hopefully won't fall into that again but my curiosity led me back here. So hello again!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LydiaRobinvale

Welcome back

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hello mate, welcome back here!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Welcome back. I hope you settle down again nicely.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Welcome back. We're still crazy but now politics & Trump dominates the headlines around here.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi and welcome.

You must be one of the old timers that I hear about. Every once in a while, someone refers to what a great place ATS used to be, and then someone writes that they hope the older members will return. I'm old and I keep returning, but that's not what they mean.

I think it's a pretty cool place as it is, but glad to see you here.

Pace yourself. Don't get burned out again. I think it's the ones who keep leaving (by choice) who are the ones we need the most!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
Hi and welcome.

You must be one of the old timers that I hear about. Every once in a while, someone refers to what a great place ATS used to be, and then someone writes that they hope the older members will return. I'm old and I keep returning, but that's not what they mean.

I think it's a pretty cool place as it is, but glad to see you here.

Pace yourself. Don't get burned out again. I think it's the ones who keep leaving (by choice) who are the ones we need the most!

Thanks all. I am not sure I was at that status as I generally kept my distance away from any drama or heated debates, and can't say I really contributed a whole lot in comparison to some of the more active members back then. But I do see a stark difference between the site of yesteryear to now, just at a glance. I am not sure if that's good or bad yet, as I've only been here briefly. I actually re registered because I saw a post in the auto forum regarding hearses, and since I have 4 of those myself I couldnt not post! I had been considering returning in the last few months anyway.

The current presidential race also piqued my interest as to what was going on over here. Can't wait to catch up on those threads lol

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Uh...hearses?

Did I read this correctly?

Do explain, if you don't mind!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Welcome back!

You know, maybe it was the aluminum from your hat leeching into your brain through your skin... oh, never mind!

Seems to be "new old timers" coming back to the fold as well as "long time reader deciding to join" (that's me!) going on. Haven't seen that since 2012!

Bunch of people here can "talk you down" if need be. So enjoy!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Haha thanks. Yes I have seen a lot of those posts too. And yes hearses! My life essentially revolves around them now actually (and no, I'm not in "the business" sadly). It's quite a different life than I had when I was last here in 2009. It's an addiction really. We call it Hearsitis. You'd better be careful, it's really contagious!

I would show you pictures of them, but it doesnt seem to want to allow it. Unless I'm missing something? Seems I also cant figure out the avatar thing. Maybe I have to have enough posts? I havent read all the stickies yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hello and welcome back! Someone will come along to help you get your avatar up.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Welcome. I'm also new, but new new and not returning new, lol. You were kind enough to welcome me in my intro thread and I thought I'd return the kindness

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hello there

ATS just baked some WELCOME cupcakes for you

Conspiracy: They spike them with addiction potions but who knows I could be wrong
edit on 7-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Welcome back! What took you so long? Nothing and everything has changed in your absence...looking forward to have you back and your contributions.

Peace, love and light!

MS

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The measure of sanity starts and ends with gangstalking what you'll find is those convinced they are being gangs talked actually go and stalk random people in an effort to prove the premise so long as this doesn't occur to you then I'd say you got hope

Welcome back take everything with a grain of salt.

top topics

join