It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Days After “Panama Papers” Released, IRS HQ to be Closed All Week After Basement Fire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: FamCore

good job jumping to conclusions.

The Panama Papers have been probably the biggest story in the news all week.

I see a story about an IRS fire and their HQ being closed for the week and decide to do a search. YES the source makes that connection. Why not? Is it a crime to look at potential scenarios or do you subscribe to the belief that we should take everything we're spoon fed by the media for Face Value, and not question it when there is potential for large-scale fraud in the gov?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If anyone truly thinks that the IRS, or other agencies, in the federal gubmint had no knowledge of the Panama Papers leak before it happened, you're delusional.

I guarantee that the IRS has known about all of this stuff for a long time--although I'm certain that the agency is also dumb enough to do something like this AFTER the release, too, because they think that they're an indestructible machine.

So, who knows.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
IMO, the IRS has a protection racket going on. In the last few years, it has been used as a political tool attacking certain groups and people, and protecting others. It is used as a threat AND a protection racket, and it is time it is abolished and something fresh, new, and less bureaucratically bloated be established in its place.

edit on 8-4-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, that was very convenient timing.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It isn't the fire that will destroy the evidence, that is just the excuse to close the building. In the meantime there will be run on paper shredders and some interns will get no sleep.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

From your article:

The IRS says telework-ready employees are expected to telework from their approved location.

Telework-ready employees? Approved location? Makes you wonder who these special employees are and where they are performing their "special" work.

The unscheduled telework and telework-ready options are types of situational, or ad-hoc telework, that allow employees in the Washington, DC, area to work from home or a nearby approved alternative location, when OPM announces a modified operating status due to inclement weather or special events that severely impact commuting. It is important to note that any employee who wishes to telework must first successfully complete an interactive telework training program and must enter into a written telework agreement with his/her supervisor.

www.telework.gov...

Ain't that special!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

That is why I have never, and will never have a Farcebook, Instakilo, or Sh*tter. ATS is the closest thing I have to social media. I refuse to use anything owned by Agent Zuck.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Officials say tax returns are not processed at headquarters; taxpayers should continue to file their returns.

Alrighty then. First question, is the IRS still paying out the filed returns?
edit on 8-4-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm sure the office shredders will be smoking by the time the weeks done.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How do you people make these connections? First the government controls the media and what info is released to the public...except in this case when it doesn't. The IRS has backups of everything they do...except in this case when they don't. I could go on and on.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The IRS has a database that can be brought up at any IRS building in the country. Closing the main building to cover up records would be a wast of time.

That is correct. They actually have two data processing centers. They are co-processing centers, hundred of mile apart, and far from D.C. Each center process its own set of workloads. However, in the event one center goes down, the other center can come up - I think within 24 hours - and process the entire workload of the Agency with the loss of only one hour of data.
I toured their facility in XXXXredactedXXXX when the government agency I work for was looking to modernize our data centers. They do some good IT, but their programs are horrible because they have to keep inserting new code and commenting out old code constantly. I feel for them…

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Telework-ready employees? Approved location? Makes you wonder who these special employees are and where they are performing their "special" work.

All federal employees are telework ready, and most work from home from 1-4 days a week. We no longer use "tower" computers at our desks, but have been issued secure laptops. Many folks don't even have desks. You come into work, find an open work bay, plug in and work. This saves on office space, because only 30-70% of the work force is in the office at any time. It also get literally thousands of commuters off the roads. And guess what, no more snow days if you can work from home. Kind of a win for American tax payers.

I only come to my HQ on Wednesday, which is required at my Agency. We use Wednesday for all of our face-to-face meetings, presentations, etc.

You will all get your returns - the only things they process at the IRS HQ are donuts and coffee.
edit on 8-4-2016 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Oh yea? The same kind of database that Clintons emails should have been saved on? This is the IRS we are talking about here. They literally claim they cannot find convienent things all the time and that is without the fire.

Always count on MrSpad here to pull excuses for our government concerning extremely suspicious events.

Exactly , only the Russians are capable of this kind of behavior, never the good guys.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Here's the funny thing...you have a problem with someone's opinion, but fail to provide anything to show that opinion is wrong why?

Just saying he is wrong and providing nothing to back the claim is a bit sad imo, so is this what we have come to?

How about this deny some ignorance and prove he's wrong...if you can.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I've been reviewing several video tapes of Kim Philby lecturing new intelligence operatives in East Berlin back in 81.
One of them was very keen on Philby's art of deception, as he( Philby) was the only one ever to deceive James Jesus.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-4-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

do we know if it would it be possible that someone with a lot to lose (and administrative privileges) could access this database to play with it, and then also destroy the hardcopy which could have corroborated?

Database systems and their servers/mainframes they run on are designed to be "trusted". Every file change is logged by the user account, date, time and terminal. Then archives are made of all files along the ability to rollback to a particular date and reapply any changes.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Just be grateful they didn't fly an airliner into the building.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

From your article:

The IRS says telework-ready employees are expected to telework from their approved location.

The unscheduled telework and telework-ready options are types of situational, or ad-hoc telework, that allow employees in the Washington, DC, area to work from home or a nearby approved alternative location, when OPM announces a modified operating status due to inclement weather or special events that severely impact commuting. It is important to note that any employee who wishes to telework must first successfully complete an interactive telework training program and must enter into a written telework agreement with his/her supervisor.

www.telework.gov...

Ain't that special!

Not that bizarre to me, I used to have a computer on our works network when living in London.
I do find the timing of the fire convenient though.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

They like to think that we are so stupid that we believe that papers burning in a fire, that are supposed to hold THEM accountable for anything, just get burned up and they're gone....but when it comes to OUR records...they put them on computers that, copy themselves to servers across the world. The hubris of these people is unbelievable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join