It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Film Fest: "Very Threatening Calls" from Government Officials Forcing "Vaxxed" Pulled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Full title at source: Houston Film Fest Hit with "Very Threatening Calls" from Government Officials Forcing "Vaxxed" Pulled

So I guess DeNiro and the Tribeca Film Festival were just the first to be pressured (threatened?) to not show the film "Vaxxed: From Coverup to Catastrophe," about William Thompson, Ph.D, the CDC whistleblower who claims that he and others deliberately omitted pertinent data from its study of the MMR vaccine after it found a link with autism in African American boys vaccinated before age 36 months. Apparently the following letter was written by the chairman of the Houston Film Festival to the chairman of the company distributing the film:

Dear Philippe~

Good Morning… I wanted you to know that just like DeNiro and Tribeca, we must withdraw our invitation to screen VAXXED! It has been cancelled, and there was no press release about the film… that was scheduled for today, but after very threatening calls late yesterday (Monday) from high Houston Government officials (the first and only time they have ever called in 49 years) – we had no choice but to drop the film. Heavy handed censorship, to say the least… they both threatened severe action against the festival if we showed it, so it is out. Their actions would have cost us more than $100,000 in grants.

I do hope that they did not call or threaten you. It is done, it is out and we have been censored… There are some very powerful forces against this project. It does seem a bit of overkill, as I am confident that it will be released Online soon and millions of people can see it.

My Thanks and Best regards, Hunter
Hunter Todd
Chairman & Founding Director
TEAM WORLDFEST
The 49th Annual WorldFest-Houston

Note the bolding (by me) which highlights that it was government officials who made these threats. Not quite censorship in the literal sense of the word, because the government officials issued threats to withhold funding, and thus offered the film festival a quasi-choice rather than an arbitrary order not to show the film. But very troubling nevertheless. The self-annointed "Health Ranger," Mike Adams, at Natural News calls it "financial extortion" and goes on to say:

Natural News has learned that Team Worldfest may have reversed this decision and decided to show the film anyway. We are still working on confirming this (check back for updates).

I will keep checking for updates at Natural News for confirmation. I'm also keeping an eye on DeNiro and Tribeca:

DeNiro on VAXXED: It's Not Over

A few more articles for further information/clarification:

CDC Scientist: ‘We scheduled meeting to destroy vaccine-autism study documents’

The Thompson Transcripts: Shocking Revelations by the CDC Whistleblower

Obama Grants Immunity to CDC Whistleblower on Measles Vaccine Link to Autism

Powerful forces threaten Houston film festival to pull VAXXED documentary...

I am not anti-vax... but I sure am anti-censorship, anti-financial extortion, anti-forced vax... and every other means by which anyone who questions any aspect of current conventional vaccination wisdom is bullied into silence and submission.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Seems very suspicious

I think it could one of 2 things

The government really did call because they don't want it getting out because it's got truth to it, but they've done the stupid thing by making this public so it kind of doesn't make sense that they'll achieve the opposite reaction to what they want to achieve.

Or

The film makers or somebody close to the film makers phoned up impersonating government officials in order to create this publicity around the film in order for more viewers to see it because who doesn't want to see a film the government is trying to outlaw ?

That's my take on it anyway, it's either government being stupid or people with vested interests in the film being very clever

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Hmmm... #2 could very well be a possibility. Sure wouldn't be the first time film producers have used a cheap publicity stunt to gin up an audience that otherwise wouldn't be interested. It would be easy enough to play off the Tribeca Film Festival controversy.

It may not be a coincidence that no names were named, just vague "government officials."

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Nothing to see here.

Government is protecting all of us from ideas that might threaten our tiny brains.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was vaxxed in the 50s and 60s, and I notice there are way more vaccination now then there were back then. Way more. My kids are now antivaxx and vegans as well. My grand children have not been vaxxed and I wont speak against that

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

tetanus,polio and smallpox was about it when I was a kid,caught whooping cough,chicken pox and measles,Im glad about the smallpox these sick bastards will probably release a stain of it one day to make a motza.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yeah I caught measles and and chicken pox as a kid too. Im still here.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So I guess DeNiro and the Tribeca Film Festival were just the first to be pressured (threatened?) to not show the film

He was not pressured...

The Tribeca Film Festival had planned to premiere “Vaxxed” but festival co-founder Robert De Niro, who has a son with autism, reversed his decision.

And to further that just a bit...

Wakefield had his medical license taken away for alleged professional misconduct relating to a now-debunked study on autism and vaccines in 1998.

We also have this...

“Since then, there has been multiple studies looking at this very issue and none of them have ever shown a link between autism and vaccinations,” said Dr. Mandeep Ghuman of Dignity Health Northridge Medical Center.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

So it seems there is a reason to not show it and it has nothing to do with being threatened.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

So it seems there is a reason to not show it and it has nothing to do with being threatened.

Facts?

Come on, really?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h Yeah right. Only people way out there to the left believe that story you are peddling. And isnt that exactly where you stand Bro? On the far left? Am I correct?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yeah right. Only people way out there to the left believe that story you are peddling. And isnt that exactly where you stand Bro? On the far left? Am I correct?

Let's get this straight right off the bat...Where I stand is no concern of yours, and no your not correct, and lastly I am not your bro.

Now how about you provide something that proves the story is only believed by the left?

As I am not the topic of the thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He missed the last three threads on this.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeah right. Only people way out there to the left believe that story you are peddling. And isnt that exactly where you stand Bro? On the far left? Am I correct?

Let's get this straight right off the bat...Where I stand is no concern of yours, and no your not correct, and lastly I am not your bro.

Now how about you provide something that proves the story is only believed by the left?

As I am not the topic of the thread.
Bingo!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

What are your thoughts about Dr Thompson, is he lying as well?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Facts?

Here you go...

www.houstonpress.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Facts?

Here you go...

www.houstonpress.com...

No, no, I was being sarcastic (we so need a sarcasm emoji).

I read the facts previously in another thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

And to further that just a bit...

"Wakefield had his medical license taken away for alleged professional misconduct relating to a now-debunked study on autism and vaccines in 1998."

Am I the only one that thinks this little factoid has the opposite of its intended effect?
edit on 7-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well Son, the houston press is a rag and no more then that. I didnt mean to hurt any feelings. I understand that some are very fragile.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

What are your thoughts about Dr Thompson, is he lying as well?

REally don't know, because he was taped unknowingly and the conversation was cherry picked by Hooker, and Wakefield.

This incompetent study was the result, allegedly, of discussions between Hooker and a senior psychologist at the CDC named William Thompson. For reasons that are still not clear, Thompson, a co-author on an important study by DeStefano et al, confided in Hooker, who, betraying his confidences, recorded much of what he said, an action whose legality is unclear given that it’s unclear where all of these recordings were made (one party or two party consent states). Hooker then teamed up with Andrew Wakefield to cherry pick bits to make it sound as though Thompson were confessing to some horrible crime of data manipulation to hide this “bombshell” result reported by Wakefield.Thus was born the “CDC whistleblower,” who featured prominently in the video likening DeStefano et al and the “coverup” to the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. Later, Thompson released as statement through his lawyer characterizing the whole problem over DeStefano et al as being a scientific disagreement. Nonetheless, a new conspiracy theory was born: The “CDC whistleblower,” complete with its own hashtag on Twitter, #CDCwhistleblower. Thompson has said nothing publicly since then, and the mainstream media has basically ignored the story other than an interview with Ronan Farrow of MSNBC that basically trashed the claims of the antivaccine movement.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org... frican-american-boys/

I also have this from Mr. Thompson...

On 27 August, Thompson released a statement via law firm Morgan Verkamp, LLC, confirming that he had spoken with Dr. Brian Hooker and that he had "omitted statistically significant information" from his study. Titled "STATEMENT OF WILLIAM W. THOMPSON, Ph.D., REGARDING THE 2004 ARTICLE EXAMINING THE POSSIBILITY OF A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MMR VACCINE AND AUTISM," Thompson's statement began:

I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits.

SO on one hand he admits to omitting statistically significant info...yes he lied, but admitted the mistake...can't fault him for telling the truth.

So now on the other hand he says he is not anti vaccine and doesn't think it's a good idea to miss vaccinations...isee nothing wrong since he has admitted to mistakes and said what he truly believes.

As for him lying I believe his words were manipulated in a way to make him sound like he is saying something that if it wasn't manipulated it wouldn't say the same thing.

Based on this utterly incompetent data torture and Hooker’s apparent budding relationship with a “CDC whistleblower,” Wakefield first made a video in which this “whistleblower’s” voice was electronically altered (not to mention edited into such selective snippets that it was impossible to glean any context from his seemingly-damning statements

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well Son, the houston press is a rag and no more then that. I didnt mean to hurt any feelings. I understand that some are very fragile.

Care to show anything that makes that rag article wrong, because just calling it a rag won't fly.

Again enough with the little shots as I have been cordial in my replies, and those aren't necessary...as far as you thinking I'm fragile.

That made me laugh...Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join