It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Bernie Sanders is president the amount in additional taxes I would pay equals a new Honda Civic

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

That is who I'm pointing at. You realize the people running those corps. are wealthy right???

I'm also not lumping in all rich people together.

In fact, even the .01%er who doesn't offshore his wealth to avoid taxes or buy politicians I have no issue with, should one actually exist. It's not the amount of money they have but what they do with the power it provides them.

You have me all wrong in what you're saying.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
the only thing "feeling the bern" will be sanders supporters wallets! these poor kids are getting brainwashed and dont even know it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How much do I have to give?

How much of my taxes needs to be taken to care for everybody?

How much charity should I have?

You just reminded me of "Defending Your Life".

Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: amazing

These issues won't be resolved with a presidential election. I'm not one who believes in hope and change.

But I will argue the issues. And until we find a way to rid ourselves of the 535 parasites in DC, we'll continue being stuck in this.

I wasn't kidding when I said "The House always wins". And here we are, arguing over which slot machine is better.

In that one thing we agree. The real issue is our congress.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

LOL!!

You're hilarious.

Many, many millions of people are hearing Bernie's message, never-mind and despite how the MSM ignores him.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
the only thing "feeling the bern" will be sanders supporters wallets! these poor kids are getting brainwashed and dont even know it.

Now that's an interesting point. You don't think Cruz, Trump and Clinton Supporters are getting brainwashed? You don't think Talk radio and Fox news brainwash people?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Well that's good for You. So according to what You said You are pretty well off right?

WWW TTTTTTTTTT FFFFFFF?????

We are doing all right....managing to save a little, keep up with bills, and avoid debt. We live modestly. Don't eat out, don't go on vacations. Grow some of our own veggies.

You??

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Instead of a few memes, what is wrong with...

Leverage...and money? Answer.....nothing.

There was a time, not to long ago, when it was all for all and not all for tiny little special interest group that for some reason will invade the space of the average everyday person.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

what is wrong with...
Leverage...and money? Answer.....nothing.

****sigh****

The problem is when only those with money have leverage.

There was a time, not to long ago, when it was all for all and not all for tiny little special interest group that for some reason will invade the space of the average everyday person.

Wut?
So, you think money = power = good, right?

I really am not following your line of thinking .... At. All.

Muddled/incoherent and confused, that's the state of mind I see expressed in your posts.

edit on 4/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Here's the problem though, the more money you have, the more ignoring your social responsibility affects and harms others on a massive scale. Your placing the freedom of a few super rich individuals to do whatever they want, no matter who or how many gets hurt above most of the planet.

Freedom is a great thing until it results in significant harm. There are reasons that murder, rape, etc are illegal, they hurt others. The same can be said on a much larger scale when the filthy rich destroy the economy and mistreat their workers. It's causing significant harm the world over. If I were to murder someone, they are dead and their family suffers for it. If some rich bastard moves his money overseas where he can horde it, then moves his factory to some nation where he can use slave labor, he's committed atrocities that makes my murder look like petty theft. We have thousands or more forced into slavery many worked to death (AKA murder), we have less jobs here causing more people to work in the service industry or being forced onto welfare, or homeless, and more. This same lack of work and funds results in poor health and debt in the extreme turning everyone into debt slaves forcing them to work more than humanity worked in the dark ages. Taking parents from their kids, separating spouses so they almost never see each other, devastating funding for schooling hurting kids educations, etc. With my murder a family and some friends suffer, with his actions millions or more potentially suffer. Really who is worse and more deserving of prison?

You won't argue against me going to jail for murder, but this rich guy should be allowed to do whatever he wants with his money no matter who it hurts.
edit on 4/8/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Puppylove

OK, so explain why someone should pay that much in taxes. Why should anyone?

Where does it stop? At what point has someone paid their "fair share"?

And don't just make something up because you envy people who are more successful than you. Keep in mind that you might become successful to that degree yourself someday.

The taxes go to running a society smoothly. Without paying taxes, there would be no military to protect us, no school systems and free primary education, no roads, no police, no fire departments, none of that. If I were successful I would not mind paying my fair share in order to keep our society running. A society that is in disrepair affects me, the taxpayer. And as a human being, I should care about other people besides myself, even if I am a successful person.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If you want to paint all the wealthy, successful people as evil for wanting what they earned, then go ahead.

I'm tired of being told I'm an uncaring bastard because I want to keep what is mine.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It's not yours though. No one's money is theirs. We live in a society a community. There's a social contract. Nothing you own did not come from someone's hard work, no money anyone has did not come through interactions with the society they are a part of. Everyone has a duty to the society they are a part of, to make sure it's healthy and that everyone contributing has a fair shake. When someone chooses to ignore that social contract they are decimating that society that makes everything they have possible. Money belongs to society, you are rewarded with purchasing power for your actions within society.

Yeah due to tax it looks like your getting less of that purchasing power than promised, but let's be realistic society is still rewarding you. If someone is successful they're still living way better than everyone else. You act like the rich are being made to be as poor as us, when they still make after taxes multiples of what we make before taxes are even taken out. Wealth is communal, the economy is everyone's. The reason people are getting pissed is too many of the rich are misusing their end of the social contract and destroying society and the community as a result. If they did their duty we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Not buying it.

My property is mine that I traded for labor.

It is not yours.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

And that's why it's all going to come crashing down. Somewhere people forgot that we formed society to help each other be successful in a harsh world. Society was originally about mutual benefit and protection, about strength in numbers and working together.

Now more and more people are all, me, me, me, which is why society is falling apart, because it's no longer succeeding at the very purpose of it's existence.

The reason the poor will rise up and decimate the rich is not jealousy, it's not "wanting what they have and deserve" it's restoring the social contract to it's proper balance where it belongs. The only thieves are those who changed what was supposed to be a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship into a parasitical one with the few sucking the very life blood out of the many.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I care about me and mine.

What I do for others is up to me. It is not up to you. If it were, that would be the antithesis of freedom.

You don't get to dictate, mandate, regulate what I do with my personal property. That is not freedom. That is authoritarian.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You live in a world with other human beings and benefit from the labors of those human beings, ignore that at your own peril. There are repercussions for ignoring the needs of society and those around you, for taking without giving back, for ignoring those who work along side you to make this world you live in and give you the things you enjoy. You want to not be responsible for your end of the social contract, then you need to remove yourself from society, immediately. Find some unclaimed remote wilderness somewhere and survive only from the sweat of your own brow. Then, and only then can you claim what's yours is yours and yours alone.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Threatening me with authoritarian double-talk will not encourage me to sacrifice what I have earned.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm not threatening you I'm warning you. Every single time the social contract has been ignored for too long there has been an uprising, and for good reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I'm not threatening you I'm warning you. Every single time the social contract has been ignored for too long there has been an uprising, and for good reason.

Of course. Once the have-nots reach a threshold, they take from the haves.

Then we have new haves and new have-nots.

Nothing changes but the names on the accounts.

Authoritarian ideologies are predictable.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join