It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Undocumented children now eligible for healthcare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

its refreshing to find a TRUE Christian in the mix

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So not only are all the good Christians suddenly quiet on the issue of Jesus' commands to care for children, but also, suddenly, California doesn't have the "State's Rights" so many are usually clamoring for here to make their own determinations in local matters...

If I didn't know better, I'd say the stench of hypocrisy is fairly rank on this issue ...

I for one did not say the children should not receive care. They already get it in the ER. If they get deported, they can get care in their home country.

You know those verses you quoted come with context. Too bad you failed to mention Jesus is talking a becoming like children in a spiritual sense. The way they come lowly with innocence and trust. You know, like a child is supposed to be. Jesus is saying do not be the one that sets the child off the path to Jesus. Unfortunately the liberal agenda has been progressively stripping that from children at a younger and younger age.

As far as states rights go. I am all for states rights, as per the 10th amendment. Article I section 8 clause 4 gives the Federal Government the say in who is legal and illegal. They have created laws making it illegal to sneak across our border. I have a little issue with a state actively encouraging foreigners to break Federal law. You have no problem encouraging lawlessness?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

What? Liberal agenda is stripping away faith from children?

(lofl)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yea for the good guy winning, no kid should go without healthcare.

And shame on people crying over there taxes

And shame on you for thinking you know what's best for my family's money who live in California. My dad has already been impacted every since Obama made healthcare a mandate (or else!), nearly doubling his monthly health-insurance bill, but now he has to lose even more money to pay for the healthcare of people who shouldn't even be in the country or his state in the first place?

Yes, shame is on the menu, but I think you have it going to the wrong table.

And the thing is, illegals don't go without healthcare--hospitals are obligated to treat them, regardless--so that "win" isn't even a win, as it's already reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You are proof that people who feel entitled to their tax money are miserable, blaming and shaming others. Not much else needs to be said.

If you do not like paying taxes that help your economy and country, then go live somewhere and see how well you fare.

What if YOU were a refugee fleeing for your life or what if YOU were laid off by your company or fell ill with cancer...hmmm...those programs you were fussing about...still fussing about them?

Quit being so selfish!

You are NOT entitled to any of your tax dollars.

edit on 8-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Wild. Let me explain something that's pretty easy to see. When a person does work and they receive compensation for work done that is real. That is tangible. "Tax money" is "My money". The government may take 10% of it today and they may take 15% of it tomorrow. They do not have anything to do with that money until the take it. So I don't see where you are coming from. I pay my taxes and I haven't seen anyone here say they don't. Since I pay my taxes I have every right to gripe if it's going to some alien invaders. Don't act like this is a refugee crisis. This has been a long-drawn effort and has taken many years to reach this point. the people still coming here and already here need to return home and fix their own crappy countries.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

or...if you don't like paying taxes, you can move to a country that doesn't take out taxes but has maybe no rights and see how well you fare...see what im saying?

If you are going to live in America, you have to pay taxes. Taxes are NOT your hard earned money but the price you pay to live in America.

Sorry if you are too miserable to wrap your small mind around this.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

You are proof that people who feel entitled to their tax money are miserable, blaming and shaming others. Not much else needs to be said.

If you do not like paying taxes that help your economy and country, then go live somewhere and see how well you fare.

What if YOU were a refugee fleeing for your life or what if YOU were laid off by your company or fell ill with cancer...hmmm...those programs you were fussing about...still fussing about them?

Quit being so selfish!

You are NOT entitled to any of your tax dollars.

Is this a real response, or a satirical one? Please advise so I know what maturity level I am dealing with.

But if not, I'll just start with this: Who are you to tell me what I am "entitled to" when the money about which we're talking is my own property, earned by my own efforts at my job? I find it hard to locate the logic that you are pretending to use when telling me that I'm not entitled to something that is already mine.

Okay, so, real, or satirical?

ETA: Nevermind, I see that you are serious...I just don't know how to take that. It'll take a while for the shock to die off...
edit on 8-4-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

lol, sorry you guys cannot get this point. Many people are so small-minded that they take for granted the great country we live in...its not free.

And its hard to compare to other countries when you have never lived in other ones so I can see why you think the way you do, but it doesn't mean that you are right and I am wrong. I just hope you find a way to be less miserable in your lives while fussing about what "your hard earned money" goes towards, its sad.

edit on 8-4-2016 by veracity because: while

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 Thanks for clarifying, I thought I missed something.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

lol, sorry you guys cannot get this point. Many people are so small-minded that they take for granted the great country we live in...its not free.

And its hard to compare to other countries when you have never lived in other ones so I can see why you think the way you do, but it doesn't mean that you are right and I am wrong. I just hope you find a way to be less miserable in your lives while fussing about what "your hard earned money" goes towards, its sad.

Here's where I'll have to call you out, because you seemingly pretend to know me (claim I haven't lived in another country, call me selfish, call me small-minded, pretend that I take living in America for granted, say I'm miserable, etc.). First, you know nothing about me, so the Ad Hominem attacks can cease.

Second, you don't have to preach to me about the tax system and how it works and what it does in the United States--I work in the Criminal Investigation division in the IRS. So, do you want to continue to pretend to school me as to how taxation works and what the results of it are, or are we okay to assume that I get it? (I don't like admitting where I work very often, so just know that I deal with prosecuting those who sidestep tax laws on a daily basis and we'll leave it at that...but that doesn't mean that I'm a fan of what the IRS has become)

Third, I lived in Germany for 3.5 years when I was in my 20s. I get how other countries work, as I spent much of that time visiting them. The point about being overly taxed in America is that too much of our money goes to taxes that fund inefficient and often-unnecessary programs. It could be better used, and used more efficiently, and we'd be able to keep more of OUR OWN MONEY in our own bank accounts instead of it being forcefully taken by my "lovely" employer.

Lastly, your entire argument is based on an entitlement mentality, but calls me (and others) out for acting entitled because I think that we should keep as much of our own earned income as possible. You pretend to have some moral high ground that doesn't exist, and then from said make-believe pedestal, you berate others for not wanting to pay for illegal immigrants' medical bills. It's laughable, except it's really happening, so it's sad.

Here's the thing--I don't live in California anymore (although I did for 19 years), so I don't have a dog in this fight, other than having to watch my parents and other family members and friends be forced to, yet again, accommodate those who break the law by throwing money at the state government, as if they can run ANYTHING efficiently there. But that doesn't mean that I can't get pissed off and frustrated as I watch what could be one of the greatest states in America continually flush itself down the toilet. I want better for my family and friends.

But, yes, I'm so miserable and selfish...silly ol' me.

Best Regards.

ETA: And by the way, both my wife and I served in the Army, so I know that our great country is not free...I know many who paid the ultimate sacrifice to ensure that this country lives on. Not making any assumptions, but what have you done?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

TPTB and the 1% would like to thank everyone who is angry about this issue.

They love it when the little people fight among themselves.

It stops people asking what the REAL problem is

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So, it makes more sense for the cost to the People to be 10 times or more (treatment in the ER) what it will be under the new plan?

So much for that vaunted "conservative" fiscal responsibility.

i'm not surprised at all to hear the famous "context" argument. Read your Book again, people were bringing their CHILDREN to JESUS to be blessed/healed/prayed for.

His disciples then (as apparently now, since you've spoken up) tried to deny care to these kids ... your Jesus disagreed, and violently; JESUS IS VERY PLAINLY TALKING ABOUT CARING FOR CHILDREN, and says quite plainly that what we do for the least of these (children) we do for Him.

You can spin that around anyway you wish, but that's very clearly and plainly what your Book says.

Blatta blatta liberal agenda. Jesus was apparently by all measures a "liberal." You don't like it, take it up with Him.

You're for State's Rights until a State does something you personally don't like. California is not, in this case, "actively encouraging anything" except a more reasonable procedure to take care of kids that need medical attention.

That's really the only fact here.

edit on 8-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ok, great, sooooo....why are we arguing?

I thought you were complaining and whining about what the gov't does with their tax money (of course that comes from our paycheck), but then this post you seem level headed about it?

Good thing you changed your mindset. Thanks for telling me TMI.

Sorry if I offended you but it doesn't take much to know if someone is a whiney small-minded miserable soul from message boards. Unfortunately the stereo-type is always correct.

edit on 11-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join