It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Undocumented children now eligible for healthcare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yup.

Keep those taxes going up up up.

The U.S. needs to get in line with 40%-50% flat tax rates.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup!

there goes all the profits from the Weeeeeed!

I dont like the idea of a sick kid being refused care, especially if the only alternative is back across the border.

But is it sustainable? Will it be abused?

No, and yes
edit on 472016 by Butterfinger because: spellingz

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Here's a point...Hillary is a huge supporter of big corporations and she is considered a progressive. She supports GMOs, glyphosphate being the major contribution of gmo agriculture, oddly enough...the folks that made DDT, agent orange, saccharine etc...that you speak of are also the maker of the aforementioned glyphosphate.

I think your kind heart and values are being played by those very entities in the sheep's clothing of the progressive movement. Again, I respect your appropriate concerns, just under the auspices of the Democrat party, I think it's a ruse.

I still like Tom Hartman, he used to have my ear, back in my younger days

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Being a medically retired cop from Ca. My police retirement goes through The State. I was retired due to a broken neck/back in 2004. Since Feb. of 2014 I've had $1207/month extracted for "Affordable Healthcare" When I was on 7 RX meds. I had a $20.00 co-pay, now that I took control over My own health, I get more $$$ taken out.

I remember taking a "Juan Doe" (a drunk Mexican Nationalist) that was drunk in public (647(f) p.c. non-citable offense, so there is no court, no arrest, You usually just have to sit for 4 hours. Anyways this guy pissed off the Lt. and asked that I take Him to the County Jail and get Him "booked". Anyways He had fallen down before I even saw Him and when We get to the Jail He tells the nurse about the fall. The nurse won't accept Him into jail due to the injuries. I then had to take Him to the hospital to get "medically cleared for incarceration" Now this guy got a MRI that didn't show anything and then the Dr. says " I think He needs an EKG " I told Him that was enough, I was going to take Him to the County Line and re-County Him.
It took Me 6 weeks to get a MRI on My back and 7 for the neck.

I called PERS™ and was told "It'll all even out.." I then told Her.. "Don't tell Me, I can't take it with Me, right?"

That is when I started digging deeper to the WA$te all around, and I've noticed the deeper You dig the more it stinks, like an onion..

I don't think anyone one here thinks that children should go without needed medical attention. But when our own children, our own citizens are deprived of benefits that are given in abundance to illegal immigrants, it stings. Then to add more pain to that sting, we are also asked to pay for those benefits, while our own continue going without needed medical, or other things.
edit on 7-4-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Fair point

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I still like Tom Hartman, he used to have my ear, back in my younger days

Thom Hartmann?

Kind of reminds me of Mr. Rogers when he talks.

I like the illusion he presents. Wish it were reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Fair enough, lol he means well.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds like your friends didn't research on how to get a better deal before they decided to come to the USA. That's on them that they paid all those fees if being a "refugee" gets them in for free.

Though, I doubt they'd enjoy the three years or so of waiting in limbo status for background checks and all the associated crap that refugees have to go through...

Getting refugee status isn't someone saying, "Hey! Come right on in, here's a hot cup of coffee, and a $50 Best Buy gift card!"

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Annee

Fair enough, lol he means well.

He does.

Could use a few more of his kind.

I'd probably get bored though if they took over.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Why even go through the hassles of refugee status?
Just hop the border, drop a baby, and we won't ever be able to get rid of you.
Much simpler and quicker that way, right?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Shame on them, I know.

They did it the right way.

Bunch of losers, eh?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Okay, then because We can ALL agree that kids should NOT go without- ALL the kids under the age of 18 from Mexico get dropped off at The Border and We will call the parents when they are well or to pick up the body if the child turns into a decedent.

Now that We are in agreement, let Us make some rules for the future....

Rule #1) Unless You own a working ranch there is ZERO excuse for having more than 2 kids, You want one of both? You get 2 shots.. Now, You keep spitting out kids? You get a raise.

I have 1 son who was young when I was working. I was making over $100k/yr. and I was worried that I had all the bases covered. Then I'd arrest some younger male 19 or 20 that is the "father" of 3 kids.. They would usually reveal this when they were begging You not to take them to jail because of their 3 kids.. Occupation? n/a Not a care in the world and out perpetrating not to feed His kids but to get some rims or a sleeve of tattoos or both..

I would offer each female of child bearing age who is receiving public assistance $10k to get an operation so as not to get pregnant. There are too many people already. If We don't cull ourselves, then "THEY" will do it for Us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So not only are all the good Christians suddenly quiet on the issue of Jesus' commands to care for children, but also, suddenly, California doesn't have the "State's Rights" so many are usually clamoring for here to make their own determinations in local matters...

If I didn't know better, I'd say the stench of hypocrisy is fairly rank on this issue ...
edit on 7-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Good. Nothing else really. Healthcare should be universal for all.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yea for the good guy winning, no kid should go without healthcare.

And shame on people crying over there taxes

No kid should be in America illegally, they can get all the healthcare they want back in their home country.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Good. Nothing else really. Healthcare should be universal for all.

Then the government where they are a citizen should pay for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yea for the good guy winning, no kid should go without healthcare.

And shame on people crying over there taxes
I would much rather have children from another country illegal or not get immunization and not spread diseases. Plus we don't know what dangers in the other country they might have faced, maybe here they have a better chance at a normal life.
We are all on the same planet and need to take care of one another, isn't that what should be the core reason for letting people willy nilly into the states?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 Did I miss something, what does the state of California have to do with Christians. I'm a Californian and Christian and I am happy that children illegal or not will be provided health care. As I have said in many forums here on ATS and will say yet again, do not clump all Christians together.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Being a medically retired cop from Ca. My police retirement goes through The State. I was retired due to a broken neck/back in 2004. Since Feb. of 2014 I've had $1207/month extracted for "Affordable Healthcare" When I was on 7 RX meds. I had a $20.00 co-pay, now that I took control over My own health, I get more $$$ taken out.

I remember taking a "Juan Doe" (a drunk Mexican Nationalist) that was drunk in public (647(f) p.c. non-citable offense, so there is no court, no arrest, You usually just have to sit for 4 hours. Anyways this guy pissed off the Lt. and asked that I take Him to the County Jail and get Him "booked". Anyways He had fallen down before I even saw Him and when We get to the Jail He tells the nurse about the fall. The nurse won't accept Him into jail due to the injuries. I then had to take Him to the hospital to get "medically cleared for incarceration" Now this guy got a MRI that didn't show anything and then the Dr. says " I think He needs an EKG " I told Him that was enough, I was going to take Him to the County Line and re-County Him.
It took Me 6 weeks to get a MRI on My back and 7 for the neck.

I called PERS™ and was told "It'll all even out.." I then told Her.. "Don't tell Me, I can't take it with Me, right?"

That is when I started digging deeper to the WA$te all around, and I've noticed the deeper You dig the more it stinks, like an onion..
Does it work like this for illegals who are arrested or just anyone a legal citizen or not. If it works like this for anyone that is a legal citizen in the justice system then it really doesn't matter that an illegal citizen is treated justly when it come to the medical system of jail and prisons.
The problem would be, ''how come someone arrested gets quicker medical attention than a person outside of the jail system?''
I've met and talked to homeless people that tell me they gotta sir up some sorta trouble for themselves, like drinking in public and loitering, so they can get a meal and place to stay for the night, but the local cops know the person well and don't go through the trouble of arresting this person for every little thing because they probably don't want to waste the courts time and system's money on the small things.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Gryphon66 Did I miss something, what does the state of California have to do with Christians. I'm a Californian and Christian and I am happy that children illegal or not will be provided health care. As I have said in many forums here on ATS and will say yet again, do not clump all Christians together.

I didn't "clump all Christians together" nor did I make any equivalence between Christians and Californians.

What I did do was to make two general observations which I will repeat for your convenience.

1. Many in this thread are regular posters at every opportunity extolling their own Christian values ... any evidence of which is notably absent in this discussion about the matter regarding providing healthcare to non-documented children, and;

2. Many in this thread are regular posters crying for so-called "States Rights" and yet, given the fact that the sovreign state of California has made this very reasonable decision to provide said healthcare ... suddenly, the cries of support for State self-determination fall silent.

Now, if you have anything to discuss with me about either of those items, I am at your service.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join