It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Undocumented children now eligible for healthcare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't blame children for their parents.

Children are the future.

I prefer healthy, educated future adults.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

. . . Illegals do not put in, . . .

How do illegals not put in?

They're not going to survive long if they don't work.

Cash jobs are not prevalent.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

I will never understand why some people are so selfish that they do not want what is best for CHILDREN!

This is about innocent children!!!

How can you be against this, what has made you so miserable in your life that you are ranting about children getting free healthcare???

Please take a step back and reflect and hopefully come back a better person.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sorry, they do not contribute to the system the way the rest of us do. Not to that same degree, but they pull out all the social benefits. They are a net drag.

They pull down the economy in other ways too.

You can be compassionate all you want, but you cannot argue with math. Numbers don't care - for you, for me, for the children, or anything else. They simply are, and in this case, they do not add up to a self-sustaining equation.
edit on 7-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bc they do not contribute exactly like you then they are not worthy? They "pull down" the economy?

Im going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are NOT an economist.

Did your GOD die and put you in charge of judgements?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How do we know these kids are getting healthcare if they're undocumented.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now a smoothie will go from 8.50 for a large to a 10.50 for s large.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Good Joke but every single one of them that passes thru is documented in one way or another, just not the official "legal American" way.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I don't blame the children either. They should be deported with their parents as soon as possible. They can then wait in line and maybe come back.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Do you realize that they would never leave their home unless they were running away from danger?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you have kids? Tell me how exactly they're contributing?

They don't "contribute" just like an undocumented kid.

Who knows, that illegal alien's kid might be smarter than your kid and go on to do greater things here inside the USA than your own kid.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

He contributes because his father and his mother are legal citizens who pay an arm and a leg every year at tax time along with paying for his health insurance.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I don't know where you are from but I am in Southern California and illegal immigration is an ISSUE. I didn't say take the kids out back and shoot them, nor did I say deny them treatment. I'm just tired of my HARD-EARNED money going to people that shouldn't even be here.
Remind me again why we even have Immigration Laws and Borders?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can be compassionate all you want, but you cannot argue with math. Numbers don't care - for you, for me, for the children, or anything else. They simply are, and in this case, they do not add up to a self-sustaining equation.

Born and raised in Los Angeles.

Worked in food production plants in Gardena and Los Angeles.

Most work, they pay taxes. Yes, their papers are probably bought and paid for - - - but, its a myth they don't contribute tax wise like everyone else.

Do they use the system? Yes. So have I when I had to.

Most adult Mexicans I know go back to Mexico for medical care. They think they get better care there.

I am a major supporter of LIVING CHILDREN. Children do not need to suffer because adults are idiots.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Tax money is not your "hard-earned" money, that is your price for living in this wonderful country.

Its your mindset that's not working for you, not the system.

edit on 7-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Legal residents of California file this

Personal income tax
California collects income tax from its residents at the following rates.

For single and married filing separately taxpayers:

1% on the first $7,850 of taxable income.
2% on taxable income between $7,851 and $18,610.
4% on taxable income between $18,611 and $29,372.
6% on taxable income between $29,373 and $40,773.
8% on taxable income between $40,774 and $51,530.
9.3% on taxable income between $51,531 and $263,222.
10.3% on taxable income between $263,223 and 315,866.
11.3% on taxable income between $315,867 and $526,443.
12.3% on taxable income of $526,444 and above.
A 1% surcharge, the mental health services tax, is collected on taxable incomes of $1 million or more, making California's highest marginal rate 13.3%.

For married people filing joint returns and heads of households, the rates remain the same, but the income brackets are doubled.

Residents must complete returns on Form 540 2EZ or Form 540. Nonresidents or part-year residents should file 540NR Short Form or 540NR Long Form. The deadline for all forms is April 15. When that date falls on a weekend or holiday, filers get until the next business day to submit their state returns.

You might be able to file your California return electronically at no cost using CalFile if you meet the program's eligibility requirements.

California's previous free filing option, Ready Return, has been rolled into CalFile.

In addition to paying for their property and sales tax.

Illegals aren't paying that. Additionally, since they aren't legal employees, their employers aren't paying the full range of employer contributions for them which also weakens the revenue base.

So they aren't contributing to the tax base like legal residents are.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Do you realize that they would never leave their home unless they were running away from danger?

We are not dealing with a refugee crisis. This is a long drawn, progressive agenda to change the landscape of America. This has been planned out and executed for a long time.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They shoudn't suffer no. And their parents shouldn't have put them in this situation. They should have followed the laws to come here legally so then everything is kosher. Now they are illegal residents trying to argue that they are entitled to things they aren't and people who feel before they think are trying to shame everyone into it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They have great socialized healthcare in Mexico.

Go back.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So these innocent children (and their parents) are on a mission to change the "landscape of America"?

I had no idea that was their motive, so please explain to me why they want to ruin America's landscape...

WoW...I had no idea

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join