It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and the now hollow threat of running as Independant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why can the GOP throw anybody on the ballot at the last minute, even somebody who was not running in the primaries?

It seems like it should be too late for the republicans to nominate someone who is not already a registered candidate or someone who has already dropped out.

Why the blatant double standard?
edit on 7-4-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: Indigo5

Nah. It wouldn't go down like that. His campaign team would know what Hillary is up too. She is predictable. Not to mention folks would see Trump's policy views refreshing vs. the same ole same ole from Hill Dawg.

Nothing personal...but you are speaking from within a bubble...

Hillary would challenge him on the endless crazy things he has suggested from exiting NATO, to giving South Korea and Japan nukes, to targeting the families of terrorists, to changing the laws to allow torture to repealing birthright citizenship....on and on...All she has to do is stay cool...trump either blows his lid and goes personal..or mumbles his way through flip flops...and he doesn't seem like the mumbling type..

His campaign handlers can try and prepare Trump, but they can't change Trump..

BTW - I give his handlers props for muzzling him after the Wisc. loss...His Twitter has gone all but silent and no public statements...and his speech in NY last night? He actually had a stack of paper clenched in his tiny hand...he is trying to read from a script now...

But at the end of the day...in a presidential debate their are no handlers or scripts on the stage...and Trump will always revert to Trump..more so when challenged...Hillary would crush him in a debate.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Actually he's just emotionally invested in the election.

All he would have to do is challenge Hill Dawg on her endless flip-flops, Benghazi, Honduras, Ukraine, Middle East and point out all her policy failures. All he has to do is keep his cool and realize he's being baited.

Torture and all that stuff, petty stuff. Ending NATO, that is sure to draw a lot of D voters. All he has to do is keep his cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: olaru12

Good. Let them keep thinking that. It will be sweet to watch 70% of the GOP who are up for re-election down ticket fall on their swords as well.

Maybe we can do the Dems next time.

Maybe....

I would have thought that the constant attack on Obama would have at least wounded the democrats but their poll numbers continue to rise.

Even the British bookies have Clinton ahead by a huge margin and their predictions are accurate 91% of the time.

www.usatoday.com...

I wish I wasn't a sucker for betting on long shots.

edit on 7-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why can the GOP throw anybody on the ballot at the last minute, even somebody who was not running in the primaries?

It seems like it should be too late for the republicans to nominate someone who is not already a registered candidate or someone who has already dropped out.

Why the blatant double standard?

Because they don't have any confidence in their front runners; and with good reason if Trump and Cruz is the best they can come up with. They had some great people to carry the GOP banner that could have been competitive against Clinton..... but look what happened.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Nah. It wouldn't go down like that. His campaign team would know what Hillary is up too. She is predictable. Not to mention folks would see Trump's policy views refreshing vs. the same ole same ole from Hill Dawg.

Hillary would challenge him on the endless crazy things he has suggested from exiting NATO, to giving South Korea and Japan nukes, to targeting the families of terrorists, to changing the laws to allow torture to repealing birthright citizenship....on and on...All she has to do is stay cool...trump either blows his lid and goes personal..or mumbles his way through flip flops...and he doesn't seem like the mumbling type..

...Hillary would crush him in a debate.

Ha! Not to mention, Hillary would just play all the clips of Trump praising her, over the years, on an endless loop.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Indigo5

...Hillary would crush him in a debate.

Ha! Not to mention, Hillary would just play all the clips of Trump praising her, over the years, on an endless loop.

That is the very reason I think there is a distinct possibility that Trump isn't what he appears to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

There goes all those "Trump Hates Women" comments out the window.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Yeah...no. I don't see it making him more appealing to women.

edit on 7-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Me, too.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Why's that?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't care about their reasoning.

I care about fair play and rules that apply to everyone equally.

If Paul Ryan wants to be nominated and run as the GOP candiidate at the last minute, he should be required to fill out the same paperwork and get the same signatures required by individual states or not appear on their ballot.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Why's that?

Because there are too many other examples of him being disgusting about women to let slide simply because he loves Hillary.

Trump is a turn off, and seven out of ten women are already turned off. I don't see Trump doing anything to change that -- he doesn't want to do well with women voters. It's obvious.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Actually he's just emotionally invested in the election.

All he would have to do is challenge Hill Dawg on her endless flip-flops, Benghazi, Honduras, Ukraine, Middle East and point out all her policy failures. All he has to do is keep his cool and realize he's being baited.

Torture and all that stuff, petty stuff. Ending NATO, that is sure to draw a lot of D voters. All he has to do is keep his cool.

Again...no doubt this would please Trump supporters...but these are pet issues for the far right and the middle + women +Hispanics + African Americans + Dems....see them as contrived nonsense.

You are speaking as if the country is majority far right...from within a bubble...

You think trump challenging her on Benghazi during a debate would be a win...while the right wing would cheer...the other 70% of the country will roll their eyes and say god help me..enough already..

You are confusing your own views with the majority of the country...aka bubble..

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Good. Let them keep thinking that. It will be sweet to watch 70% of the GOP who are up for re-election down ticket fall on their swords as well.

Maybe we can do the Dems next time.

Honestly?...If the GOP fail as a party and the Dems seize over-sized power...they will do themselves in.

Democrats are not built well for unchecked power (neither are GOP)...our countries best days are when there is a balance of power and rational debate in the middle...

If we don't find that balance soon, we are in trouble...

GOP flounders and fails...followed by Dems (unchecked) over-reaching and failing...followed by resurgence in GOP...

Severe pendulum swings and a divided country...

That is why, despite being a Democrat...I am hoping the GOP gets their crap together...cuz if they go down..Democrats slap eachother on the back for a few years before their boat catches fire...rinse and repeat.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No, I'm not in a Bubble. I just see through all the propaganda being spewed left and right by the Establishment. Bernie being under Hill Dawg's skin raising more money a month than her. Trump continuing to lead in delegate count, Cruz and the establishment resorting to desperate measures to stop Trump.

It's not really a Bubble as so much as speculation as to what would really happen. It would also depend upon the context in which Benghazi was brought up. If Hill Dawg is touting her foreign policy experience it's just a check mark in the failed policies department.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

None of it really makes any sense. The Republicans came in talking a big game thinking they were going to get one over on Trump by making him take the pledge and now he's winning. Now the R's are hot because he is winning.

The R's have shot themselves in the foot this whole campaign because they have been fighting themselves. Now they are acting like whinny spoiled brats because they aren't getting their way.

They didn't ever like Trump. They won't ever like Trump and are just paying Trump lip service hoping he doesn't break away and run independent blowing the R's chances completely at winning the election.

The GOP saw that most of Trumps supporters were people who do not normally vote. They saw a chance to keep those voting if Trump endorsed the GOP front runner. However, the GOP had a dozen candidates spreading the vote so that Trump could cruise though most of the primaries with only 35% of the GOP supporting him. That would not have been a problem if he was not from start polling dead last of any Republican when it came to going up against Clinton or Sanders in the general election. As Trump continued to anger more and more voters and those numbers began hitting lows never seen before the GOP began doing whatever they could do to stop him.

I do not think the GOP ever though they could take the White House, the polling, the low favorably of the GOP and the electoral college math just did not work out. However at the start of all this they intended to keep the Senate, the House was not at risk and they would win many State and local races, all they had to is get a candidate that was not massively offensive to most of America. Instead they got two.

And frankly it is their own fault. The GOP has been lost for sometime, first hijacked by the religious right, then the Tea Party they have let people most of America see as crazy become the face of the party. Palin, Cruz, Trump.

While Trump as their nominee may be the worst case scenario losing the Senate, the House and many state and local raises their other options just try and limit the damage. Right now they need to hunker down and weather the storm. If they can get rid of Trump at least they will not the DNC beating them over the head for the next couple decades pushing Trump as the GOP poster boy every time they bring up Lincoln or Reagan.

The GOP does not like Trump nor does Trump like the GOP. He has long been a Democrat but, for some reason he change all his stances on things and ran as Republican. Not that DNC would have tolerated him either.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The rising and falling of the parties is just too easily manipulated by the media now.

Imagine how the media would sell it if the RNC Rules & Bylaws Committee decided to take 600,000 votes cast for Trump, and just give them to Paul Ryan -- when his name wasn't even on the ballot?

Because that's the equivalent of what the DNC did, in 2008, and no one really cared....the media down-played and spun it.

edit on 7-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I care about fair play and rules that apply to everyone equally.

In American Politics....?

where gerrymandering and election fraud corruption is standard operating procedure....? Didn't you notice anything janky with the hanging chad debacle?

It must be nice there in Mayberry....How's goober and aunt bea?

edit on 7-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I made no indication that I was under the illusion that fairness existed.

Outrage at the blatant unfairness was kind of the whole point of my posts, Goober.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join