It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalists - you really don't see a problem?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm not really agreeing with him... As my beliefs on the reserve, and banks in general more follow conspiracies found on this site.

The federal reserve doesn't have a way to succeed, it was created for the elite, by the elite.

Banks closing and failing was manipulation by the elite.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Technically, they can. They just don't.
Your brother seems to be the cream rising to the top. He took what opportunity he had and ran with it.
Just like my cousin did.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It is a right because I have earned it.

EDIT: to elaborate put simply you deserve nothing that you did not earn
edit on 7-4-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

*sigh*

No, not everyone can seek out a greater life.... I guess they could, but our economy might collapse as most retail stores and fast food restaurants would be out of workers. Receptionists, clerks, cashiers, etc would not exist if everyone aimed for something higher and refused to work at these other jobs.

Even if these other jobs were treated as stepping stones rather than careers these days.. There would be a huge shift in the economy and not nearly enough workers to fill such positions.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

And who makes the decision on who earns what? I know plenty of back breaking jobs that earn less than someone who sits at a desk all day pushing paper. There are plenty of people who don't earn a damn thing, yet they are better off than those who do. The Waltons are a great example, they were born into wealth. What did they do to earn that wealth? Nothing but get lucky enough to be children of their parents.

How do you expect someone to earn food and water when society has cast them out? How many homeless people can walk into an interview with raggedy street clothes on and get a job? None.
edit on 4/7/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Have you ever noticed that many of these quote-unquote back-breaking jobs have a very minimal skill set?

EDIT: minimum skills minimum pay
edit on 7-4-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Says who? What someone is worth seems to be pretty damn arbitrary when one person can be worth billions while someone who works a full time job barely covers basics.

I'm not sure who's determining this worth, but they seem a bit extreme to me... I'm guessing that billionaire is deciding what people are worth as that's the only explanation for such extreme wealth disparity. And I must say, he and his bro's have quite the ego's as they seem to think they are worth 100's of millions times more than most people.

Yeah, you earned it, so did they, all completely arbitrary bullpucky, not a single bit having to do with what's rightfully earned or what someones worth. It's what you can take people for.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That's how most jobs work, you are hired for a specific task and that's all you ever do at that job. What's your point?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

An interesting thing - Norways jails sometimes look like hotel suites. The people get fed, education, etc I've heard... They are treated with compassion and like they are a human being that made a mistake. They have the lowest amount of people that return to jail.

Why can't we adopt such a view? Take care of people until they can take care of themselves. Have the least amount of people return to jail or homelessness. Rehabilitation and compassion and altruism would serve the whole nation, it wouldn't be giving people things they don't deserve.. Not in my opinion at least.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Capitalism is not the problem. The problem is how our politicians have sold us out for the last 60 years

Of course they would sell you out. Capitalism works that way. We really need to learn to be inventive if we want to continue living on this planet.

I haves a major problem with a financial system that is wiping out our planets ecosystems and dividing the world into haves and have nots. These are real problems that needs addressing and the tools we have at present are not capable of sorting them out.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

My brother has an exceptional IQ. He was also a party animal. Most people can not get a full scholarship in particle physics.

My wife has family from Poland just like your cousin. I just don't think you can assume everyone has the same opportunities based on your own experience. Like I said a lot of the kids in the after school wrestling program I teach don't have much guidance at home. So it takes innate gifts to overcome such odds.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If people are unhappy with the pay rate that they have I recommend learning a more valued skill.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

An interesting thing - Norways jails sometimes look like hotel suites. The people get fed, education, etc I've heard... They are treated with compassion and like they are a human being that made a mistake. They have the lowest amount of people that return to jail.

Why can't we adopt such a view? Take care of people until they can take care of themselves. Have the least amount of people return to jail or homelessness. Rehabilitation and compassion and altruism would serve the whole nation, it wouldn't be giving people things they don't deserve.. Not in my opinion at least.

It is so effective they are closing prisons down. I guess when a prison is run by a company with a politically agenda behind to keep a people incarcerated with fear it there is no need to close them

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Thats what I mean about your brother being the cream.
I'm sure a lot of people who are receptionists wanted more from life.
Maybe some started a family before fulfilling their dreams. Some were not smart enough. Most are not mentally strong enough to do what your brother did.
I tend to believe that most people aim high in the beginning. Most of those people don't make it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Personally I attempt to relate working and the like to a more natural scene.

A farmer would not work his butt off most days of the week, fully knowing the fields would not produce crops, would not feed his family.

A worker should not work a full time job knowing fully well they won't be able to afford food and shelter.

But.. The elite have flipped this logical scenario upside down, causing us to not only accept, but to beg for jobs that will not provide for us. We need to be grateful that the geniuses, worth millions of times what we are, would even give us a chance at a job that doesn't make ends meet. That's what I hate about some people. This rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

It seems capitalists see no problems with a huge amount of wealth in the hands of few people.

Yes... some folks have worked long and hard to corrupt free-market capitalism so that a few people could reap -- and keep -- huge amounts of wealth at the expense of the many. But capital isn't the problem. Capital is neutral. It's what those in control do with the capital... and the laws and regulations controlling/directing the capital.

"Capital" in and of itself -- defined as the assets, resources and means of production -- is neutral. Every economic system is "capitalist" because every economic system controls the assets, resources and means of production -- including labor.

Free market capitalism is directed by the consumers according to their demands, which is then supplied by the market. It's government interference -- crony capitalism -- which causes the problems.... and such corruption can and will infect any and every economy. The more power we give our masters, the more problems we will have.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Because if you learn a new skillset you are guaranteed a job, right? And how do you expect them to do that when they have to hold down a job and provide for their family at the same time? Not everyone has free time to learn these new skillsets when they work 40+ hours a week at a #ty paying job.

It's really not as easy as you try to make it out to be. Do you know what empathy is? Because you're showing a severe lack of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

So one country is shutting down jails while another country is so effective at recycling and using incinerators that they have to import trash... Why are we called the greatest nation again?

Oh yeah. Because we have lots of money and that's all that matters to some people.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

It is a right because I have earned it.

EDIT: to elaborate put simply you deserve nothing that you did not earn

The man that does a honest days work earns his money. The man that makes millions does so off the back of the working man.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If you apply the categorical imparitive to that then obviously it's a flawed idea.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join