It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalists - you really don't see a problem?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

A free market IS carte Blanche!

Surely you recognise that!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

That has nothing to do with the reality of social constructs, the market, labour force, and the future coming of AI and robotics.

I admire your position it just needs to be tweaked in order to control a collapse.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Even if we assume your not full of #, that makes you one of the few people on this planet capable of doing that, most people simply cannot do that, it's a rare trait to be able to. Do you honestly think that just because most of humanity can't do what you do, they deserve to be treated like dirt? Or are you so delusional you don't realize that being able to do that requires exceptionalism? Are you really so twisted that you want most of humanity to suffer cause they simply can't work like you do?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Anyone can have a work ethic.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Tell me how Switzerland, France, Germany, Norway.... Show me their evil dictators and how they are using money to kill in foreign countries, or putting all types of chemicals in their food, water, etc.

I'll wait. Show me something credible proving to me that our quality of life, in the richest nation in the world, is as high as a place like Switzerland.

Those countries are all capitalist countries. Even communist China now has a capitalist economic system. North Korea is non capitalist economy...
Capitalism has lead to the greatest prosperity in the history of the world, bro. Of course like anything it can be abused and corrupted. IMO the question is not capitalism is bad what else is there but how can it be used better and improved.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Bingo.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The anticapitalist movement is proof of just how lazy everybody has gotten. We've gone from "the American Dream" to " I exist, so therefore I deserve.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

There's a difference between work ethic and holding down a full time job while acquiring three degrees. Sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone is superman like you seem to be. Most will collapse from stress both physical, mental and emotional long before completing those degrees at that rate. Especially as most jobs these days that could pay for that education require working 48+ hours a week.
edit on 4/7/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/7/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Just ask yourself - when was America great?

When we were exploring, thinking, creating... When we had ideas of freedom and justice for all, when we poured money into space observation and travel - not just for profit, but to learn, to grow, to be the first man that stepped on the moon. Competition in the right ways can make a world grow.

Who can create and implement the cheapest, most sustainable and renewable power?

Who can create the best desalination plants, making much more water available to us?

Who can best create and market the electric, or hydrogen car at the cheapest price?

These forms of competition seems they would serve to expand our human experience. It's not about the profit margins, it's about the experience. Sure, money might be a result of ingenuity, creation, exploration and such but if the goal is the experience... The results would be profound.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well you seem to be one of the lucky few. A lot of college graduates these days have tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Just because you were fortunate enough to benefit from the system does not mean everyone else is too.

Your argument sounds like the typical "I've got mine, anyone else who didn't get theirs means they didn't try hard enough", that's bull#. Your situation does not automatically mean it is the norm. College is more expensive than ever before, maybe you graduated before it became so expensive?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Never said I did all three at once, but for example my fiance right now is finishing her first degree, while being a mother to our 4 year old and having a part time job. I work 70+ hours a week as well. So, she isn't me but she can do it, why can't others??? Ohh that sense of entitlement people have developed, maybe that's it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Well there is also a physical lack of jobs. So it could be also encouraged by the people you consider hard workers.

The physical lack of jobs is expected to Continue as AI, robotics, and automation happen.

In which case some better future planning, seperarion of cooperations and state and market expansion/job planning will happen.

It will destroy the market to not have consumers. So reality needs to be addressed rather than idealism.
edit on 7-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The federal reserve definitely created many problems, along with worthless money and such, and if somehow corrected would help a lot of things but I agree with your statements that large institutions should be held more responsible and should not be able to move over seas simply for profit margins.

The government has definitely been a pain in our collective asses for years - but I happen to think billionaires create just as much corruption, or more, than politicians alone.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I wonder what percentage of the world's population would jump at the chance to live in America's capitalistic poverty?

All those, whoms attempt to establish a democratic political system was spoiled right from the beginning by us-american secret agencys and their dirty tricks. Lot's of south-american people, for example. And now someone comes up with the idea to build a wall to defend us-america against those, whoms countrys they first spoiled and now don't want the victims of their dirty tricks living in the promised land.

Question answered. And if you want to have a number, in percent, do the math.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I said "may"
Also, you have opportunities to get money/influence everywhere in America. The land of opportunity.
My cousin came from less than nothing to becoming a millionaire.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I'm definitely an advocate of a more pure capitalistic society, I'm not inherently against it or anything, simply against American-style controlled markets under an oligarchy that was the result of a profit-centric society.

This post is more about apologists of the billionaire class. They seem to justify such actions, and constantly tell me they worked for their billions, while their employees sure as hell don't deserve food on the table unless they have a million dollar degree and work multiple jobs. Obviously I'm exaggerating a little bit - but not as much as I wish I was.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
The anticapitalist movement is proof of just how lazy everybody has gotten. We've gone from "the American Dream" to " I exist, so therefore I deserve.

The "American Dream" never existed.

The "American Dream" was post-Civil War propaganda to keep newly freed slaves from rioting and causing chaos.

Google "Horatio Alger Myth".
edit on 7-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That is not a good arguement. It's a me-centric one. Not everybody has the same expirences in life. I have two degrees and guess what I am choosing to stay home with my three kids at the moment. I saved money to do so and work in the evenings. My wife has a major job.

I also volunteer as a wrestling and judo coach after school in a bad part of town. Some of these kids are lucky to have dinner and because there mom or parents work two or three crap jobs nobody watches the kids. I have had some literally walk 4 miles to my house in the rain because they couldn't get inside their house and had no idea where there parents were.

Not everybody has the same expirences in life.
edit on 7-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

My brother had 8 years of higher Ed paid through scholarships for physics. Why can't everyone do that?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I got my first degree in the mid 90s, no IV league BS just a state school. Another problem I see is people failing to live within their means. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. That goes for cars, TVs, Game consoles, the latest smart phone. I don't owe money because I save and pay for things in CASH. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it.

To the point the only single thing anyone is entitled to is Air to Breath. Not food, water, clothes, shelter, none of those things are free, therefor you are not entitled to them. If you are thirsty find clean water or learn to clean it if there isn't any(you can easily build a solar still from old plastic bags), if you are hungry find food, hunt, forage if you don't have money to buy it. Shelter, well that one is a bit more complicated but if our ancestors could figure it out... When I was homeless I got very creative with shelter, winters were the worst, but I still found ways.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join