It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalists - you really don't see a problem?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Let me ask you this. Is Austrian Economics an economic philosophy? Is it a guide as to how to act and set up the market? Is Keynesian economics an economic philosophy? Is it a way to act? Are these directional imperatives or are they simply observations?

Laissez Faire is the opposite of a guide, technically. (Although it is a guide to stop trying to megalomaniacally micromanage society)

Austrian economics, like all science, begins as a description of reality and then tries to use the patterns and phenomena discovered.

The free market is not set up. It is let alone.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

The free market doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Again totally wrong.

Markets are set up by governments. Plain and simple. The laws that govern commerce are set up by government. It does not simply happen.

Those governments use philosophies to set up not only their laws bit the market itself.

There is no market other than the black market that does not adhere to this principle.

Therefor the government uses economic philosophies from economics schools.

Do you not get this? Have you ever actually studied economics?

Are you incapable of understanding?

Govs don't set up markets like engineers make airplanes.

The markets always are. Markets are the net result of human behavior, no gov necessary for the market. Gov to the extent of law enforcement is a plus for the market, but gov cannot know enough to manage a successful market.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The markets always are. Markets are the net result of human behavior, no gov necessary for the market. Gov to the extent of law enforcement is a plus for the market, but gov cannot know enough to manage a successful market.

But they are not free. That is what you seem to be incapable of understanding.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The free market doesn't exist.

Daskakik does not exist because he is not the boss and does not do everything he can.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Markets are definitely set up by the laws of commerce. They are also engineered. This is what is called economic planning in the real world.

I get it. You like Ron Paul and prob Von Mises.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem like yoy know much of anything else regarding economics.

Austrian economics by the rest of the world who is not you is considered an economic school of thought.

Your arguements are very similar to religion and the reasons Jesus is the Savior. Because my book said so.

You have not taken in account how many other books and ideas are out there. Heck you don't even know yours is a philosophical idea and not just an observation of the market.
edit on 9-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Daskakik does not exist because he is not the boss and does not do everything he can.

What was that?

You can't point at a single market that is free. That means more than what ever it was you tried to do with that post.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Heck you don't even know yours is a philosophical idea and not just an observation of the market.

And a bad one at that.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

But they are not free. That is what you seem to be incapable of understanding.

The free market is like gravity. The free market is a force. It motivates and informs. Sometimes it creates solutions to problems, like when it created money to facilitate trade.

Like language and charity the free market happens because of human association.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What was that?

You can't point at a single market that is free. That means more than what ever it was you tried to do with that post.

Yet can not understand this is a philosophy not reality. I really need to quit because I am starting to get mad and begin the ad hominems.

I think I have left a pretty good trail at this point of historical references so if someone wants to argue economics who has studied it without drinking the cool aid of one school of thought maybe my energy is better spent that way.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The free market is like gravity. The free market is a force. It motivates and informs. Sometimes it creates solutions to problems, like when it created money to facilitate trade.

No it isn't.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Markets are definitely set up by the laws of commerce.

The laws of commerce come after the existence of commerce, i.e. markets.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Heck you don't even know yours is a philosophical idea and not just an observation of the market.

And a bad one at that.

Well I look at it as an unachievable goal. You want to try to remain as free as possible with the understanding that reality sometimes means laws guiding economics are necessary.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And?

Another meaningless arguement.

Crime happened before the justice system therefor laws don't guide society.
edit on 9-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

And?

?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

And?

Another meaningless arguement.

Crime happened before the justice system therefor laws don't guide society.

So crime is set up by the justice system?

You and daskakik have meaningless in spades.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your arguement is piss porr man.

It means nothing.

Religion came before science, crime before laws, on and on. Totally rediculous arguement.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well I look at it as an unachievable goal. You want to try to remain as free as possible with the understanding that reality sometimes means laws guiding economics are necessary.

They don't even have to be laws set up by a government, sorry students of the Austrian school.

Kowing that I can screw someone over in a deal and that they don't have a way to get back at me allows me to coerce that person with no government involved.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Crime is definetley defined and governed by the justice system.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join