It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly discovered planet could destroy Earth any day now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

I can't for the life of me find the details but didn't a huge meteorite fall to earth in the last few months that nobody saw coming? Why are we so sure we can see everything that's coming?

You mean this supposed one in Saudi Arabia the other day? (A supposed meteorite they say, but the fire leads me more to believe it was something else, I just thought they exploded in the upper atmosphere)
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
SORRY ONLY ONE THING WRONG. THE SCIENTIST HAVE NOT IDENTIFIED ANY NINTH PLANET YET. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IT.

HERE IS ALINK TO WHAT THEY THINK IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE.

phys.org...
edit on 7-4-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

"Any day now"? Lol. If a planet where about to destroy our planet, we'd know about it LONG before it got here from the gravitational effects it would produce on the planet, as well as all the debris it would send hurtling into the inner solar system as it moved towards us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
It has no chance of coming close, Trump will build a space wall! payed by the greys!

Post of the day!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone says. Whether you be a scientist, teacher, astronomer...whatever..Pluto is still the 9th planet in our solar system. I don't understand how they can say it isn't. It is a planet for sure.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

9th planet? You mean Pluto? Haha

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Not saying I believe in niburu because I don't.. But this 9th planet story has really been picking up a lot of attention lately. With media and even science..

It was quite popular back in 2008-2009 too.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedPhilosopher

True that is why it was called planet X. X=10

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Seems to me that if there were a significant possibility of some kind of object hitting Earth and killing us all, we would never hear about it ahead of time through any source that would be considered "credible".

Say some astronomers discover there's a 25% chance of something wiping us out within a month. Wouldn't that information - if publicly confirmed by what most of the world population sees as credible sources - pretty much obliterate the global economy?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe those with the information would decide to take that chance because they believe so strongly in the people's right to know about their upcoming vaporization.

edit on 7-4-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If it took out Kayne West, then it'll be worth it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

"Any day now"? Lol. If a planet where about to destroy our planet, we'd know about it LONG before it got here from the gravitational effects it would produce on the planet, as well as all the debris it would send hurtling into the inner solar system as it moved towards us.

Well, in all fairness to the NY Post story (which they got from the Sun, as pointed out by another member) says by the end of the month. So I expect to be bombarded by debris and we'll feel the gravitational effects in another week.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Seems to me that if there were a significant possibility of some kind of object hitting Earth and killing us all, we would never hear about it ahead of time through any source that would be considered "credible".

I guess if it was something small that could cause wide spread destruction and wasn't detected early enough to calculate its trajectory, then yes we might not hear about it.

However a planet colliding with us would be visible by anyone with ability to look up at the sky for quite some time before it collided with us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Stop it! Just stop it!

NO ONE HAS SUGGESTED THAT A PLANET IS GOING TO HIT OUR PLANET!

If anyone has any doubts about that, I suggest they read the article again, aloud if necessary!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Double post!
edit on 7-4-2016 by TrueBrit because: Space mongoose attack

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Interesting! but no, this was a couple of months ago now... There was a post on ATS. Anyway..
edit on 7-4-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

Interesting! but no, this was a couple of months ago now... There was a post on ATS. Anyway..

Like I said, I only saw this article dated yesterday.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You know I waited for 12/21/2012, so is my account named after it. At that time the scientists denied it.
Now we have repeatedly scientists from different US prestigious Universities to say Planet 9 (X) exist. In this NYpost, for the first time ever we have a relative dating given. Not in a form of a movie 2012.

It may fail, as 2012 failed. But once it will happen.

On that Day, as the Gospel says, we would not care of anything else, we would not ask Jesus of anything. We are either saved or not. I strongly believe the salvation spaceships will come just on time to take those people who wanted it all that time.

We can trace back that waiting period since the first publication of Sitchin about Nibiru 40 years ago, or even longer from other not so explicit works of other authors.

Of course the protestants will say, "we told you so about the Rapture for much longer time."

It is not the time to quarrel for terminology. Everyone has his right and shortcomings. It is the time to be ready.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Stop it! Just stop it!

NO ONE HAS SUGGESTED THAT A PLANET IS GOING TO HIT OUR PLANET!

If anyone has any doubts about that, I suggest they read the article again, aloud if necessary!

This is quoted from what is quoted in the OP

Now some are convinced there will be a collision or a near miss before the end of April.

Furthermore, the article stated that "Nibiru was widely dismissed as crackpot pseudo-science — until Planet Nine was identified in January by the California Institute of Technology."

No one has suggested it but the article states that some are convinced it will collide or have a near miss.

I am just pointing out how ludicrous that is, its the invisible Nibiru crap again that plagued the internet a while back.

Have seen it enough times browsing alternative sites where many will use this as confirmation for their beliefs about Nibiru.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yet you keep coming back to this ludicrous thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No, X=Unknown, as in "Solve for X". It's an unknown planet. Pluto at one point was Planet X.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join