It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Planet Nine (Calteck video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
A couple of things I found of interest in the video is the explanation of the orbits of the furthest planets and the effect this so called planet nine is having on them. Also just for the conspiracy mined there are rumors that planet nine's eccentric orbit of 20,000 years, which when it is closest to us, it knocks asteroids and comets toward the inner solar system to include Earth. Might explain some of the mass die offs that some believe happen every 26 to 27 million years like clock work.. Like I said it's orbit is supposedly eccentric (think more egg shaped) which causes the 26 to 27 million year time frame of its' coming or leaving in close proximity to the Kuiper Belt.. The conspiracy stuff is not in the video... sorry hahah

youtu.be...

another video on Planet 9 speaking about the possibility the planet formed closer in but was flung or thrown out to it's present position ( 5 times further out than Pluto) by Jupiter's massive size..
youtu.be...

Here is a link to the, "we are doomed talk"... nypost.com...

A mysterious planet that wiped out life on Earth millions of years ago could do it again, according to a top space scientist.

And some believe the apocalyptic event could happen as early as this month.

Planet Nine — a new planet discovered at the edge of the solar system in January — has triggered comet showers that bomb the Earth’s surface, killing all life, says Daniel Whitmire, of the University of Louisiana.

I am willing to bet in two years we will still be here bitching about the state of world affairs... If not.... that is one bet I would not have to pay off !

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Please explain what you meant when you said that an object which has an orbital period of 20,000 years, can be responsible for mass die offs every twenty six to twenty seven million years.

I just cannot grasp what you are getting at from what you wrote and the data you provided.

Other than that, the information on a potential ninth planet, or for us old school folk, a tenth, is welcome. Mysteries like this, so tantalisingly close compared with the distant nebulae and galaxies we can see in the night sky, and yet for all their proximity still invisible to us, are mouthwatering prospects for those of us who have not yet abandoned our sense of wonder.

Mysteries like this, involving an object of relative proximity to our planet, are also a damned good reason to get our propulsion systems up to date, and get moving around our neighbourhood with a little more deftness, so that we can stop wasting lots and lots of time in speculation, forging ahead into discovery of a more immediately revealing, not to mention inspiring nature.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Please explain what you meant when you said that an object which has an orbital period of 20,000 years, can be responsible for mass die offs every twenty six to twenty seven million years.

I wish I could as I also would like the linked article to explain how a 20,000 year orbit could cause a 26 to 27 million year old extinction event.

When I watched the animation on the ( guesstimated ) orbit I could only assume (under duress) that due to the angle of the dangle with planet 9's ecliptic plane, as the planet orbits the sun the extinction event can only happen during the time period mentioned, Otherwise, "Yah got me man"! It is just one more thing in my life as of today that I am unable to fully understand .... Otherwise I just chalk it down to the hummm file..

Hopefully there will be an actual physical location verified of the planet's whereabouts before to much longer and then..... The guy who proposed the theory can retract or explain in greater detail what to heck is going on along with the "HOW" of it all...? Still a neat story though even if it might be grasping at straws....no?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Hey, where planets in the solar system are concerned, I say the more the merrier!

After all, the more potential sources of reactive materials in near space (that is, space which does not lay beyond the edge of our solar system), the more feasible long distance space flight will appear to the people holding the purse strings. Personally, I say that the purse strings should be controlled by people who would rather bankrupt the entire planet than go without FTL for a single second longer than necessary, because let's face it, bankrupting the planet is not an unheard of occurrence, and when it has happened previously, that has mostly come about for reasons much less important than getting our species to occupy more than one of the bodies in our solar system!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Interesting article on the potential composition of this "new" planet

Planet 9 takes shape

Astrophysicists at the University of Bern have modelled the evolution of the putative planet in the outer solar system. They estimate that the object has a present-day radius equal to 3.7 Earth radii and a temperature of minus 226 degrees Celsius. How big and how bright is Planet 9 if it really exists? What is its temperature and which telescope could find it? These were the questions that Christoph Mordasini, professor at the University of Bern, and his PhD student Esther Linder wanted to answer when they heard about the possible additional planet in the solar system suggested by Konstantin Batygin and Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. The Swiss scientists are experts in modelling the evolution of planets. They usually study the formation of young exoplanets in disks around other stars light years away and the possible direct imaging of these objects with future instruments such as the James Webb Space Telescope. Therefore, Esther Linder says: "For me candidate Planet 9 is a close object, although it is about 700 times further away as the distance between the Earth and the Sun." The astrophysicists assume that Planet 9 is a smaller version of Uranus and Neptune – a small ice giant with an envelope of hydrogen and helium. With their planet evolution model they calculated how parameters like the planetary radius or the brightness evolved over time since the solar system has formed 4,6 billion of years ago. The study was financed by the research project of the Swiss National Science Foundation PlanetsInTime and the National Center for Competence in Research (NCCR) PlanetS.

I wonder what else lurks out in the far reaches of the solar system that we're yet to discover ?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That is why We have 12 hours/12 months...

9 planets + Planet X (10) 1 for Day; 1 for Night

9 + 1 = 10 +1 +1= 12.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

'Tis truly a great question. All I can think of are the perambulations of our solar system in relation to the galactic plane. While the 9th orbit may be 20,000 years, it requires a period of many millions for it to enter the Oort cloud, pulling big rocks with it (via gravitational pull) and firing a shotgun's worth of extra-sized pellets into our vicinity.

My question is this... if it is so close as to pass us this month (as the NYPost say), how come they're hoping someone will see it? I mean, if it's that close, why hasn't anyone locked onto it with a scope yet?

Oh, and any answer about 'hiding behind the sun' won't do. It obviously has an orbit around our sun, not one in sync with it.
edit on 7/4/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

This is supposedly the orbit for it

I can't find any references for why we won't see it however, so my assumption is it's location is not close to Earth right now to be visible as its orbit brings it well within range of spotting

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mm reported in the daily galaxy also

www.dailygalaxy.com...

The researchers also checked if their results explain why planet 9 hasn't been detected by telescopes so far. They calculated the brightness of smaller and bigger planets on various orbits. They conclude that the sky surveys performed in the past had only a small chance to detect an object with a mass of 20 Earth masses or less, especially if it is near the farthest point of its orbit around the Sun. But NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer may have spotted a planet with a mass equal to 50 Earth masses or more. "This puts an interesting upper mass limit for the planet," Esther Linder explains. According to the scientists, future telescopes like the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope under construction near Cerro Tololo in Chile or dedicated surveys should be able to find or rule out candidate Planet 9. "That is an exciting perspective," says Christoph Mordasini.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join