It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a brand new day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The day was bright. It was a day like any other day except for the fact that Edward had lost his mind. He knew, or was fairly sure, that he had had it somewhere this morning, and was equally sure that by lunch time it was no where`s to be found.
And he had looked. In fact, he looked everywhere at least twice and even three times in some places but without a mind it was hard to be sure if he had missed any place obvious. And he must be sure. Mustn’t he? He was quite sure that he must be sure. He needed to be sure.

A large sounding dog barked somewhere in the distance and he snapped his head up sharply and squinted into the sun. It seemed brighter today and that made him think of snow and for some unknown reason a sled named rosebud and he shook his head briefly as if to clear out the buzzing sound that seemed to be coming from somewhere roughly between his ears and extending like a balloon about two feet around his head at the same time.
The sound suddenly stopped, and he noticed a small white box on the wooden bench to his left. HIS MIND! He knew that he had left it somewhere close and he took three long happy strides towards it and stopped. He looked at the white box for a long time until he was sure that he was seeing it correctly. It was so white and brightly smooth that it seemed almost cartoon like and seemed to have no top or lid that he could easily discern. In fact it looked quite solid but unreal somehow, and how his mind could have ended up inside such a thing he could not even guess, although he had no doubt whatsoever that such was the case. He had found his mind.

Indeed, now that his mind was somewhat accounted for and within reach he had a vague recollection of having it removed last night. The box however was somewhat of a mystery still and, well, opening it was just out of the question until he could remember some more of what must have occurred last night at the party.
There was a party. He could almost remember that now. And there had been this girl there. She was a blond he thought or a light blonde redhead, or something like that anyway. One of those sexy hair colors that seemed to be popular these days and almost always came from a box with some super model or other on the cover. Or, so he thought, but what did he know about things like that really? His former wife could have most likely informed him endlessly for days or weeks on end that “Honestly honey, you men are all the same no matter what, do you really think that we like spending all day in the mirror or at the spa or having our hair teased for hours on end at the blah blah blah , and so on and so forth and so forth and so on”
OK admittedly he added the last bit on in his head but the woman could really go on for days it seemed, and none of that was very important now anyways. He had found his mind and now to the business of returning it back firmly into his head or wherever the hell it resided. He was beginning to feel a tad dizzy and wanted to get home and have a nice vodka tonic or something as soon as possible. And that thought stopped him short for a moment and he looked at his hands and blinked rapidly a few times. Not only did he have no clue what a `vodka tonic` was (he had a blurry idea of some old absurd b&w television show or movie where someone, perhaps, sipped them on couches or ordered them in bars or something) but he was positive that the thought had not been his thought at all.

A large blue dog that looked rather like a boxer ran past him on the left followed by a small black cat that followed slowly and seemed to be buzzing. It had a glowing orb surrounding it like a halo. He blinked again and the glow was gone but the cat was now staring at him questioningly. It continued staring at Edward and kept on doing so causing it to almost walk sideways passing him and jumping onto the white box.

OK , heh heh heh. This is as far as i've been able to get with this story and I do not really have anywheres in mind to go with it so far. Please ,please, please, feel free to add to it here if you wish and perhaps I will take another turn also. Most of all I ask that you try to keep it fun.

Thank you.

edit on 7-4-2016 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Okay here is what I think happens...

Edward feeling dizzy and unable to think was taken over by the compulsion to pick up the little black cat and keep it from his smooth now glowing white mind. Holding the little cat, he couldn't stop from telling it, '' I love you''
From the glowing mind that radiated warmth and comfort the words, ''now my spell is complete'' entered into Edwards very being and within a puff of smoke, Edward was now the little black cat and could finally think clearly.
Edward the cat looked for his friend, the blue dog...
edit on 7-4-2016 by peppycat because: hope its okay!

edit on 7-4-2016 by peppycat because: missing word

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Oh my ! Perfect ! So far so good, thank you !

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2 Oh good phew! You like it.😊 I hope more people add to it. I'll visit this thread again tomorrow!

oh yeah, I really like the first part of your story!... I've sorta been there.
edit on 7-4-2016 by peppycat because: forgot something

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
Okay here is what I think happens...

Edward feeling dizzy and unable to think was taken over by the compulsion to pick up the little black cat and keep it from his smooth now glowing white mind. Holding the little cat, he couldn't stop from telling it, '' I love you''
From the glowing mind that radiated warmth and comfort the words, ''now my spell is complete'' entered into Edwards very being and within a puff of smoke, Edward was now the little black cat and could finally think clearly.
Edward the cat looked for his friend, the blue dog...

Ok I cheated but I am bored

A master's love for an hunting dog.
Ole' Blue
© Richard Netherland Cook

Blue was a fine coon dog,
The finest that ever could be,
He would bawl away the night,
Until that coon was up a tree.

Blue could run a cold trail,
Are one that was burning hot,
And one thing was for certain,
That dog was sure to be got.

One cold night while on a hunt,
In the distance I heard a fight,
Between Blue and a big boar coon,
Breaking through the night.

And my heart began to pound,
I reached the scene, the coon was gone,

And the blue dog ..

www.poetryinnature.com...
edit on 7-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Nice writing...

new topics

top topics

join