It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which citizens are the most brain-washed: Americans or North Koreans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hi ATS!

I was wondering about this for some time ago, who is really the most brain-washed - Americans or North Koreans?
I mean, we normally talk about the North Koreans as 'brain-washed' even tho the citizens of North Korea are well aware of the corruption they are in.

Then we take a big country as the US. Everywhere you look, they have their flag hanging somewhere, are religious and simply cant stand when you point something out that is wrong with the USA. People working three jobs a day and so on, but still they are proud of their young country.

So I was wondering if you would like to take this little poll I put together, just to see how you see this subject.
Poll here

I guess 'brain-washing' is working the best when you don't think you are being brain-washed.
(and nope, this is not a US-bashing thread)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst
Its a fifty- fifty ,six of one half dozen of the other split.....

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good point!
I am convinced all countries indoctrinate their plebs against free thought through their own education (slave) systems, media manipulation, political manipulation and religious manipulation and corporations along with advertising mind games. Not to mention things like UN agenda's, CIA spooks, mind control and brain washing.
edit on 6-4-2016 by budzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

In America, although we are brainwashed many ways, we are still somewhat free to speak against our politics. In North Korea, they kill you for that. I'd say Americans are more brainwashed. I'd say North Koreans are more oppressed, or at least fearful of being killed if they speak out.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm a robot American please feed me more brainwash...

Dumb

What's funny is that you think your country doesn't brainwash and control you. I know lots of open minded people and lots of opinions. Yea people are stupid and I'm sure we can say the same about your country
Tv

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I don't like your 'poll'.

There should be a third choice...

either 'both' or 'none of the above'....

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

As a collective, I'd say Americans are more brainwashed. Even something as trivial as pointing out North Korea on a map, I would hazard a guess that many Americans could not. By contrast, I would suggest, percentage wise, many North Koreans could point out the US on a map given the relentless propaganda they're bombarded with by round boy and his gang.

The last 4 US elections are also an indication of a manipulated citizenry where the results where pretty much a 50/50 division of reds vs blues - US MSM propaganda is relentless and very divisive.

Then there's the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq and the dribble the PTB tried to pass off as justification for same. Then there's the bankster bail-out of 08 and the citizenry being shafted into accepting corporate oligarchs being protected by big government. Then there's Hollyweird and some social twit or blog or video that is "apparently" racist or bigoted or xenophobic that consumes the hive mind of the social collective of Americans.

When we have a propaganda behemoth such as what currently exists on cable / free-to-air / internet bombarding citizens 24/7, we screwed if we blindly follow and accept without questioning, and questioning some more.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I don't like your 'poll'.

There should be a third choice...

either 'both' or 'none of the above'....

"Which citizens are the most brain-washed: Americans or North Koreans?"
Well when I look at the question neither of your answers would make any sense, considering the question asks you for an answer that includes one of the two choices given. They cannot both be the most brainwashed, and they cannot both be the least brainwashed.

edit on 6/4/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I read a story about a girl who drowned in a flood because she was trying to save a portrait of one of the Kims.

Anyone gonna do that for Obama?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

As a collective, I'd say Americans are more brainwashed. Even something as trivial as pointing out North Korea on a map, I would hazard a guess that many Americans could not. By contrast, I would suggest, percentage wise, many North Koreans could point out the US on a map given the relentless propaganda they're bombarded with by round boy and his gang.

Being geographically ignorant (we Americans are super guilty of this) is not a sign of brainwashing. If anything I'd say that last sentence is pretty indicative of North Koreans being more brainwashed.

I sort of hate threads like this. They always strike me as trying too hard to suggest that America isn't perfect, as if it's mind blowing and no one else has ever questioned it. We're ALL brainwashed to a degree, but it's clearly worse in North Korea. Tourists can't take pictures unless they're authorized, women are supposed to weep when they see a certain corpulent fellow etc...

If I was face to face with the president I could cuss him up and down, they would be killed. That fear is brainwashing, it's manipulation. We Americans are certainly mentally f-ed with, but nowhere near as much, or to such extremes. I'm not worried about calling a politician a dick.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i voted north korea.

i have nothing else of value to add to this thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

this is kind of like beyonce' getting up on her podium paying ode to the black panthers whilst getting paid millions of dollars. If we were so brainwashed we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we? much less on a network that we engineered and transformed as a global communication application. Raw Raw America sucks blah blah, I've heard this mantra from our lovely critics since 2011 there's nothing new here or innovative just more bashing and trash talk.

btw America # yea

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Double: but perhaps you should hear it twice
edit on 6-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would say it varies greatly based on geographic location and political affiliation in the US.

All in all though I would say Americans. North Koreans get forced into a lot of # meanwhile Americans will sign up to go kill brown people in a foreign land for national 'defense' while saying 'Murica # Yea, I am better than you!

I havent seen too many North Koreans coming to 'liberate' me lately.

edit on 7-4-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Americuh!

Did I answer to the expectations?

Am I now part of the moral majority?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I almost forgot. How many people think 9/11 was either a total inside job or at the very least was certainly lied about in the details?

Response to this? Zilch.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

All countries are as brainwashed as the next.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Which citizens are the most brain-washed: Americans or North Koreans?

Depends on the % of each population that believes they are being told the truth.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
When I was intensely studying horsemanship, between clinics, videos, books, lectures, varied lessons and trainers,
there was a big trend in calling certain methods "natural horsemanship" or "horse whispering" for some.

To people new to the activity it seemed "innovative", but actually it was just very old methods re-packaged to sell massively.

Some of the popular phrases used began to resonate deeply in me, like "make the horse believe it was his choice to do it (whatever it is you want it to do)."

Each time I'd stop and reflect on that... manipulating them through their natural drives and instincts, remaining covert to avoid overt opposition; so that the subject remains confident of their freedom of choice and liberty... when in fact, they are being controlled by another.

Gee, something feels.... terribly...familiar about that........

That was when I started getting curious, researching, and learned more about Edward Bernays, "the father of public relations". It was like suddenly reality became clear and the control of the media was so terribly evident, and my own mind de-programming had so far to go.....it was like the movie the Matrix or something, wher eyou awaken to a reality that was there the whole time and wonder how you didn't see it!

I don't know about the North Koreans enough to make an educated opinion. My guess would be they might be just more aware of the control over them than we Americans are- that is the only difference.
Like the obedient horse that knows they obey because the master will otherwise get pissed and punish,
and the horse that is totally obedient, and under the illusion that they are independent and free....

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

sorry to make this a short answer, but anyone that believe that Americans elect a president is brainwashed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join