It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Political Madness Indeed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Except that Trump isn't a part of the status quo, and it does take an Obama to get a Trump.

A billionaire.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Like it or not Trump has been speaking to large group of people who feel completely alienated inside their own country.

Nope.
He's been speaking to the most ignorant and simple-minded voter, the one who desperately needs a simple answer and someone to blame for everything wrong in their lives.

He's not the first to do this of course, most right-wing politicians have no choice but to pander to simple ignorance and look for a scapegoat to use as a bogeyman, because if they didn't they would loose all those simple-minded voters when they used too many big words, facts and numbers to tell the public the many complicated things that are ACTUALLY wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Of course I substituted "Donald Trump" for "fear".

Well since we are playing the substitution game.

'Bernie Sanders' for 'fear'.

Fear of guns,

Fear of evil rich people.

Fear of corporations.

Fear of billionaires.

Fear for the sake of fear itself.

I Can do the same for Clinton too.

Political madness is right.

The whole practical aim of American politics is two sides trying to convince the 'masses' one side is better.,

Where it is a FALSE CHOICE fallacy.

The reality is neither side is 'better'.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Actually that's Bernie.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Then it became a place where people post YouTube nonsense as "evidence" and blog posts as "proof"

Sure, I see there that you are referring to Indigent's post about this being a place for "conspirations" which I took to be his fun way of being kinda really serious.

I look at it like this: In order for us to filter out the "YouTube nonsense as "evidence"" factor it had to be defined and known. Then it could be filtered out. What you are citing there is a real problem that had to be dealt with.

What better place to deal with that problem than at ATS? I think that we have a distance to go before achieving any sort of mastery when it comes to fully mitigating that sort of Horse#, but we have come a long way. The measure I use to judge that "improvement" would be the time from the Jerusalem UFO Hoax until, say, now.

Of course, when she does win, this forum will be flooded with butthurt Conservatives claiming everything from Hillary being a Lizard to the NWO planning the demise of the entire world.

I'm thinking not so much.

Here's a way of maybe looking at it: The Forum backgrounds, yes those luscious images, they aren't maybe there because that is the stuff that compels ATS so much as they impel us because we own the subject matter.

edit on 7-4-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Heya,

Yes, I totally agree. I think there is a third thing that must be employed to defeat the FALSE CHOICE fallacy, which would be inaction. Doing nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I only offer that suggestion as a temporary path to level-setting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join