It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Aliens? Possibly.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I read somewhere that basic DNA, which later became us, could have arrived via a meteorite. In that case, we would indeed be alien to this planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: BlackProject

Unless anyone has ever seen a mouse with an M-16 at hand and never bothered to inform anyone about it.

Mice do not have the same mental capacity or level of intelligence as humans do (no species does), so this is entirely irrelevant.

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
Dolphins are known to be much more intelligent than humans.

Source, please.

I think its ironic that your posts do not contain any sources but you request sources from others just because you don't agree with what they have to say. It would only be a honest request if you had produced the same initially.
edit on 7-4-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

1. Sunlight
Humans, in contrast with other species, cannot sunbath for more than a given time per day without getting sunburned. This indicates that the human body was not designed for constant exposure to the sun. The same can be said for our eyes as mentioned above, our eyes are very sensitive to the sunlight around us and without being taught safe procedures, our eyes would be damaged at an early age.

Most animals that have exposed skin can get sunburned, they have learned how to protect themselves, just like us. One example are rhinos and pigs: they coat themselves in mud for protections from the sun and to keep their skin moist.

Believe it or not even whales get sunburned: from 2007 to 2009 scientists examined skin samples of different types of whales and found that 95% of the biopsies contained cells damaged by IV radation (= sunburned). LINK

I can give you many other examples if you wish, including how hippos, giraffes, elephants and even some furry animals get sunburned, believe it or not.

Regarding not being able to look at the sun: how many animals have you seen staring at the sun?

edit on 7-4-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

My partners mom couldnt have children for 14 years after her first son then she had a dream of being lifted out of her bed by lights and not long after was pregnant to my partner and now lots of strange stuff goes on around us all the time, psychic type paranormal stuff that id prefer not to talk about.
edit on 7-4-2016 by Gracy because: I put an S word in

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Unless anyone has ever seen a mouse with an M-16 at hand and never bothered to inform anyone about it.

Mice do not have the same mental capacity or level of intelligence as humans do (no species does), so this is entirely irrelevant.

Source, please.

I think its ironic that your posts do not contain any sources but you request sources from others just because you don't agree with what they have to say. It would only be a honest request if you had produced the same initially.

Yeah this is the reason I do not reply to that user, I see that poster constantly adding to topics in which he/she disagrees with. Which is fine by me but as you say, does not offer any links themselves. I am not here to state its fact either, just pointing to things in which interest me and may interest others.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I read somewhere that basic DNA, which later became us, could have arrived via a meteorite. In that case, we would indeed be alien to this planet.

I read something similar before myself. Rather that our DNA has been altered, this does not state whether it was altered while we are on earth or whether this has been altered before we arrived. (this is if we are alien to this planet)

An alternative explanation is that the designers fused the two chromosomes together when they created humans. The idea would be that the designer wouldn’t create every plant, animal, bacteria, and virus from scratch–why reinvent the wheel every time? Instead the designers would mix and match parts that worked.

Chimpanzees have 48 chromosomes and humans have 46, two of those chromosomes were merged together.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: p3ac3

I agree that evolution certainly is the best answer we have to why we are here. I am not dismissing that, not at all. I do think our history however is not as clear as it seems to be recorded, burning of books throughout history gives some very odd behaviour and time missing in our past and also our DNA/Chromosomes seemly do not behave in a natural fashion.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Source, please.

Go back and read my initial post again. I did include one source of information pertaining to one of my points, and the only points I asked for sources on were those that sounded rather questionable.

I'll gladly provide sources if asked (or concede that I don't have any if that should be the case; It rarely is), but I'm not sure what the part of my post that you quoted has to do with your point; It's impossible to quantify the relative intelligence of a given species and compare it with that of another species, as intelligence comes in many different forms. If you want, I can provide numerous research papers regarding animal intelligence (including that of mice), but I didn't think something as common sense as the fact that we are the most intelligent species on this planet required any sources.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
while there are holes in your theory...........other animals sunburn for example, I had to put zinc on my white faced horse's nose in the summer.

the thing that always makes me feel like an 'alien'........every spring and fall this planet's plant life tries to kill me !

if we evolved here, over millions of years...... how did we not adapt to the pollen by now????

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Chimpanzees have 48 chromosomes and humans have 46, two of those chromosomes were merged together.

Nothing unusual: chromosome fusion is a common occurrence. One example is the domestic horse whose chromosome 5 is the result of the fusion of chromosome 23 and 24 in its immediate ancestor (LINK).

I can give you more examples (zebras, donkeys, cows, sheeps, flies etc) but I think you are not here to discuss your OP, you only talk to those that agree with you (this based on your previous post).

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I am not replying to only those that agree with me, I just tire easily for those that point to obvious things. I do not create topics to say this is fact, hence the title saying 'Possibly'. However if you get a kick from firing your collection of links at people then great, superb collection. I know of all you speak of, I know that fusion occurs naturally not saying it does not just pointing at our own situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I am not replying to only those that agree with me, I just tire easily for those that point to obvious things. I do not create topics to say this is fact, hence the title saying 'Possibly'. However if you get a kick from firing your collection of links at people then great, superb collection. I know of all you speak of, I know that fusion occurs naturally not saying it does not just pointing at our own situation.

LOL I don't get any kicks, I just like discussing certain topics and biology and medicine happen to be my passions.

I don't get you: you make an OP saying that we may be aliens based on the facts that we sunburn and that our chromosomes 'do not behave in natural fashion' (your own words). So I reply explaining that animals sunburn too and that chromosome fusion is normal..... for you to say that you know about it already.... why use it in your OP then? You are contradicting yourself.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Why I am replying is beyond me. Anyhow.

I am not here to dissect my own words, I understand these are natural occurrences however I am also mentioning that our DNA could have also been genetically modified. I am neither going against or for. Also, as I have said already. I am not stating what I say as facts, I am saying certain sources have talked about such things before.

edit on 7-4-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: frayed1
if we evolved here, over millions of years...... how did we not adapt to the pollen by now????

Because scientists now think that allergies (immune responses) are an evolutionary adaptation to protect us from toxins. In fact, a recent paper talks about a strange phenomenom: that people with allergies have lower risks of certain cancers.

Here is a good article you may find interesting: Did Allergies Evolve To Save Your Life?

Why I am replying is beyond me. Anyhow.

LOL
Fine, suit yourself, I just want to add that I am also a big Sci-fi fan.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Well yeah. God created us. Of course we are. We aren't just human bodies--we are souls. And the fallen angels mated with human women, produced Nephilim (demigods), and dirtied the bloodline. I don't see how the Bible deviates from what you're talking about. It backs it up, actually. I think, at least.
edit on 7-4-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

....... scientists now think that allergies (immune responses) are an evolutionary adaptation to protect us from toxins.

sorry, I fail to see how a reaction to grass and oak tree pollen would protect me from some other, more deadly toxin that I might encounter ....rather, it seems like the pollen attacks an 'unknown intruder', knocking it down so other 'agents' can move in and finish it off.... casting the pollen in the role of a first responder, much like an 'antibody', as it were.....

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

sorry, I fail to see how a reaction to grass and oak tree pollen would protect me from some other, more deadly toxin that I might encounter ....

I don't know enough about the pollen topic to have an opinion one way or another, but just because you "fail to see" something does not mean it's not true. The good thing about science? It doesn't give a damn what you think.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

sorry, I fail to see how a reaction to grass and oak tree pollen would protect me from some other, more deadly toxin that I might encounter ....

I don't know enough about the pollen topic to have an opinion one way or another, but just because you "fail to see" something does not mean it's not true. The good thing about science? It doesn't give a damn what you think.

Another good thing about science? It doesn't give a damn about your "opinions ", or lack thereof.........

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
When you look at how close the human body is made up from other DNA from other Animal , Vegetable , & Minerals , Something sure had fun experimenting on the planet 98 % Monkey yet they use Pig organs for transplants
, The backbone of a fish and a little bit at the bottom of the brain called the Reptillian complex , A Bannana , a mouse and a fruit fly ,

Freaks of nature is a better saying as the chances of Humans evolving naturally is like a tornado blowing through a junk/ scrap yard and assembling a fully working Boeing 747 i have read .

www.answers.com...

www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I've been convinced for a very long time I'm not native to this planet.

I think my run at ATS has ended.

Lordy lord.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join