It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Aliens? Possibly.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I had always thought that maybe, just maybe, we started on Mars. Is it possible that Noah's ark loaded us all up and shipped us here to Earth? I don't know but I do not think that humans originated here on Earth.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Yess!!

THAT!

Possible?

I think yes!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Yess!!

THAT!

Possible?

I think yes!

Why, given that there isn't any evidence for such a thing, and mountains of evidence against it?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Why isn't it possible that we originated from another planet?

Because the bible tells us so?

Why do you want to pee in my cheerios?

I'd like to think we came from planet 'nice'.
with 'nice' people!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Yess!!

THAT!

Possible?

I think yes!

Why, given that there isn't any evidence for such a thing, and mountains of evidence against it?

In our lifetime we will never know likely. It's just a crazy haired thought I have had for quite some time. Not necessarily the Ark deal but that we did not originate here on Earth.

I remember this dream I used to have when I was a kid. I want to say I was probably 5-7 years old but I remember having it many many times. The same dream. I was at a place where there were multiple objects in the sky. Like other planets or moons were clearly visible and very large. Now of course maybe it was something I just happened to watch but I'll never forget this dream.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

with 'nice' people!

lol you are cracking me up over here. I'll take a bowl of honey nut cheerios minus the pee any day

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I didn't say it isn't possible, I said there's no evidence for it.

Hardly.

I don't. I enjoy pondering 'what ifs' as much as anyone else. I try to remain grounded in reality, though, and not blindly believe things just because they sound good

with 'nice' people!

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

edit on 4/6/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

LOL!

I just hate pee peed in cereal...after all...

I don't pee in anybody else's!

Anyway, it's just as legitimate a thought as anything else!

Gosh! I sure hope we aren't from here!

Even dogs don't crap where they eat!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Okay, I get it!

Sometimes reality sucks so....

I AM honored that you took the time to respond to me though...

I like to think that, sometimes, things sound good because they ARE good...

NO sarcasm BTW!
edit on 6-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Our Governments know there was life on Mars and even on the moon, so why do they keep this from us

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

But isn't 'absence of evidence'
NOT evidence of absence?
edit on 6-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

But isn't 'absence of evidence'
NOT evidence of absence?

Correct. But it's still not evidence either.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

What you wrote makes us sound poorly adapted to our environment.I'd like to remind you:Which species is the Alpha Predator?

Technologically light-years ahead of any other primate or corvid?

Name another species that has been to the Moon.
We are SUPERBLY adapted and adaptable.Just because we are physically weaker than our furry counterparts doesn't really mean much.We can make and throw spears.Or rockets.Nothing else comes close.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
As Ingo Swann said "We all carry our own reality boxes around. When something fits our reality box, we embrace it, differing reality boxes will clash and push one another away." He described about 99% of ATS and life in general.

When you think about it, it's ironic that great people like Swann and Vallee and their ideas were the core engine behind the Big Brother we all now know and love in the face of the Internet (as well as the developing Internet-of-things). The cool thing (kinda) is that , imo, ended the old form of the Cold War. But then began the Hot War. Mass information. To each their own. Reality boxes, opinions, information, clashing in all directions. They got what they wanted.

With that said, I have to politely disagree with your statement that we are aliens in the sense you are presenting it in your OP. I'm not saying that our history is known, as it obviously isn't, neither am I saying I only agree to humans having followed a completely natural evolutionary path. But why aliens?

Ego. That's why. We can't accept that we might be a bi-product of the first most intelligent species residing on Earth. (that's a tad different from extra-terrestrials coming with amazing light-speed travel technology from a distant star). And why not, really?

I won't take apart all claims in the thread (each and every of these is Googleable). Just the 25-hours one (as it sounds like one of the more compelling claims among these) - LINK

p.s. Back when I wasn't doing my homework and could take things for granted, found this theory really interesting, with all of the same details listed in the OP. I found that quite comforting. I'm not 100% we really can handle the truth. Obviously, Jimmy Carter couldn't, if that story is to take at face value.
edit on 7-4-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I'll have to concede on that statement... Dolphins are considered the second most intelligent species,however it's a close second. I would argue that it's enough to rival our(humans)own.

Dolphin intelligence

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I used to be attracted to this idea, but evolution is too powerful of an answer to overcome. If we are aliens, why would we be so closely related to other primates and other humanoids that died out? Our not being COMPLETELY adapted to thriving on earth isn't proof that we're aliens otherwise pandas would be the ultimate aliens.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

If they did find life on Mars, they would hide it, so that we would keep looking up. And it's not bad, looking up, at all. And they would still have an additional Ace up the sleeve. But if they announce it, no matter if it's microbial life or a distant radio signal, well... Life goes on. For most, if not all, people will keep on with their daily life within a month. Twitter will go wild for a few days, Facebook, too, ATS will go nuts, but what will follow after that? Well, acceptance. Indeed, we'd be one step further on the knowledge ladder but... You get my point.

Oh, and I'm not into reptilians, nor TPTB. Reality is chaos, it's not simplified.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Great exploration of an idea, BlackProject. It isn't uncommon to see the ideas explored herein that we are in some kind of simulation, or perhaps in the Andromeda Galaxy, rather than the Milky Way, or that according to the change in calendars a century ago, and the difference between solar/lunar/celestial time keeping, as opposed to the half decay of nuclear elements....alll those things considered, that we may not even be in the year, month or day we think we are, or widely accept as such.

Given all that, evolution of our species is still considered "theory." Many think my bringing that up makes me a fan of intelligent design or even creationism. Unfortunately, I find, all these labels are more divisive than anything, and don't serve, really, the search for truth on the matter.

It's like the old conundrum of science and religion naturally opposing one another. I suppose if you think literally, along one continuum and plane of thought, only, it seems that way. But I think it hardly is. Neither really disallows the other. The science is perhaps just a further illumination of how an omnipresent being may have accomplished it, but doesn't say there isn't one who did exactly that. JMHO.

As this relates to your exploration, I'm always interested that we are so caught up in what is native to the planet, and alien. Isn't that just another form of xenophobia, of excluding life, rather than being inclusive? These ways foment fear and hatred, intolerance over diversity of life. Frankly, who is to say we aren't all alien to this planet? If it isn't the habitat where we evolved, then it is possible that we are. And that, my friend, causes us to rethink these labels and terms, I think.
Surely, all life has value, as long as that life can participate in an ecosystem in a way that sustains the lives of all else here.... perhaps this is what matters more.

Enjoyed your thread.
tetra

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: p3ac3

I used to be attracted to this idea, but evolution is too powerful of an answer to overcome. If we are aliens, why would we be so closely related to other primates and other humanoids that died out? Our not being COMPLETELY adapted to thriving on earth isn't proof that we're aliens otherwise pandas would be the ultimate aliens.

You make great points, p3ac3. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'd like to think that it's fairly possible, when you look at different aspects it seems to become a bit clearer. However the arguments stated are hard to agree with, admire really did dismantle them.

However, for us humans there tends to be a general lack of unity with nature, really off in comparison to most other species we just seem distant but we have been developing our own and relying on the land less so that would eventually force us to fall out of touch.

I'd tend to say we were more modified than to suggest we are aliens, bioengineered by past visitors. If you read the bible it's metaphorical to God being an alien, at least from the bits i've read. Either way he'd be an alien as he's not of this land. I'd suggest we're bioengineered as we just tend to have evolved far above the rest of the fold and we have alien DNA. We seem to be perfected more than just aliens.
www.dailymail.co.uk... n.html

We fit within this land perfectly, but keep in mind we interfere with the natural cycle by changing our diets and using vaccines, we were never meant to last this long, but as I know it for the first say 35 years with a good diet, you experience no pain and i'd believe the sun is damaging to most eyes. Also keep in mind we have much artificial lighting which will also have adverse effects on us. If I remember clearly as a child, i could see much better in the dark than at my current age.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join