It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Refugee” Attacks Frenchman, Doesn’t Realize He’s Packing Heat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not my title nor my video. I did a quick search but nothing came up. Apparently this story is from January so if this has already been covered I apologize.

In the link there is a video of an man with a bat apparently making threats at another man. I say apparently because I dont speak French. For all I know they were arguing about baseball.

Has anybody else seen this video? Its a pretty good example of why I daily carry a firearm. Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Anybody know if these really were refugee's? Or even Muslim? Guess it doesn't matter much when you don't have the gun. What does ATS think. Anybody speak French?

thepatriotnation.net...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So why not just post a video of a guy getting attacked by a regular guy.

You know if we were still in the 1930's this would be about how a Black man attacked a white man who was armed, the prejudice behind it is just as bad only today now bigots target their hate of anyone different towards Muslims in another 50 years they will be targeting a new group.

Haters gona hate.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Im not trying to hate. Im just trying to get the full story.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I inderstand french, so a little insight:

The guy with the gun is a cop.

The only interesting thing he says: it s a squat (as in occupied building).

The rest of the conversation by the guys with the teargas and the baseball bats is along the line:

- why do you come here
- come, charge, come charge
- 'loads of swearwords'
- if you will come back again we will beat you up

Scenes like these have become the norm in the banlieues (suburbs/ghettoes) since decades now, when police goes in.
Most notorious and biggest banlieues are around Paris and Marseille but other cities have them as well.

By the french thy speak they are locals.
Since France had colonies in northern Africa lots of people from Maroc and Algeria are living in France.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Fun to watch the douche with the bat's dumbass buddies leaving him to fend for himself.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
too many assumptions in that video, to express a valid opinion....

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They most certainly thought twice after they saw him with a gun in his hand. I like how the guy with the bat still has the ball encased in plastic still attached.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Proof that guns prevent crime.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Thanks for the rough translation. I thought maybe this was a Dodgers vs Giants argument.

Do most ordinary middle class French persons carry a firearm? Or did this guy get lucky because he's a cop? I only ask because where im from everybody is packing heat. From the granny's to grandchildren.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

To my knowledge gun carrying is not common in France, at least in city environment.
Don t know about the law, but i guess it s like in other european countries very restricted.

As in you have to have a valid reason to carry (professional like securities, private detectives and persons who are high value targets).

On the countryside there are a lot of hunters with rifles, but no handguns.

On a sde note, since somebody in the thread laughed about the guys not backing up the bat swinger: french cops are not something you want to mess with.
They are known to be violent, relentless and racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

On a sde note, since somebody in the thread laughed about the guys not backing up the bat swinger: french cops are not something you want to mess with.
They are known to be violent, relentless and racist.

Sound like American police. In fact if this guy were swinging a bat around making threats an American police officer wouldn't just walk away. They would call for backup order the man on the ground and assert their authority. And if the man didnt comply. Well then he would probably get shot.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Just realised, i did not answer the part

Or did this guy get lucky because he's a cop?

He got attacked, because he is a cop.

The cops entourage, the women. It looks like some 'social service' team on a mission.
Along the line of child protection service looking for a mother/child. Or a team which comes to look for a person because of open bills, forgotten meeting at social support this kind of thing. They would only go in in these region with a cop.

It's like in gang related neighbourhoods in let s say Detroit, Chicago, Compton.
Not strictly a nogo zone for civilians. But the people living there are organised, they know who is who and who enters the banlieue.

As a civilian you can go there (i ve been there) but it's better to have connections.

And they don't like cops, at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
First of all ... I seriously doubt the youth (as the french are calling the man with the bat) are refugees.
I think they're just a regular youth gang you find in European cities in the areas were people live who do not have jobs and do not want to go to school.

You don't find refugees hanging in French cities ... refugees in France are on their way to England.

France is not a goal and refugees do not have any reason to hang around cities intimidating people.
The youth of France, that part that is either poirly educated, from northen african origine (or both) has got plenty reasons to hang around and intimidate people.

Get your facts straight please.

You wouldn't want your patriotic trigger happy finger to gun down the wrong people.
Or you might still be left with a whole generation of people who can't find jobs and have nothing better to do then harras you and your gun.

It will eventually make you wish you didn't carrie a gun but thought about how to make this world a better place for them and yourself.

Who knows.
You might never a need a gun in that world.
Let alone carry it.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder
Dream on my friend....dream on....

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Actually, you can have a gun in Europe for self defense, as a civilian in this case, but it must be of a certain caliber only, no 9 mms or above, as they are considered "war calibers", you must have documentation of course. As a hunter, you can also have s 12 cal shotgun, or the 20 or whatever, same with carbines as long as you use it for hunting and it's legally documented. If you are a sports shooter you can also have guns legaly as long as they are for the purpose of sports. The legislation changes from country to country. The rest, you can buy guns in the so called black market, but if the police catches you, you will be arrested, your guns confiscated, and you will be presented to a judge, probably pay a fine, go to jail or both.
edit on 6-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join