It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is God's plan so inefficient?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I see that. What else was added or taken away from the texts ?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you're making something so precious and fragile that requires its own interaction, you are going to land up with a number of perished failures. Are you then to feel 'sorry' for, or make use of, something that is only worth being tipped out on the rubbish dump?

Is it then inefficiency or do we have an over-inflated sense of self-worth? Especially if we won't co-operate in our part of the process...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Just because you don't see what I see doesn't mean it isn't there. The Bible, especially the Gospels are spiritual books which have layers of meanings.

“The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going;

I'm afraid you'll have to look a bit further than you have been willing to look to find that answer. I know you wont listen to anything a "fundy" like my has to say.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I see that. What else was added or taken away from the texts ?

Theres quite a bit actually... for example the story with Jesus and the woman at the well...

Where he quotes his famous line "those of you who have not sinned can cast the first stone"...

that entire story was added... it appears no where in any of the earliest texts...

In any case this is not the point here... I do love it when a trinitarian comes to the realization that said belief isn't a biblical reality

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Just because you don't see what I see doesn't mean it isn't there. The Bible, especially the Gospels are spiritual books which have layers of meanings.

“The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going;

I'm afraid you'll have to look a bit further than you have been willing to look to find that answer. I know you wont listen to anything a "fundy" like my has to say.

Oh come on... When have i ever not listened to what you have to say...

I don't buy your metering stuff... but aside from that im always open to theory

also you opened my eyes a bit to your ideas.... you just proved you're not a fundy... the bible can't be "inerrant" if it has additions

edit on 6-4-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I can understand why you have such a negative view of heaven... I didn't much fancy riding on clouds while playing harp either.

But liken spiritual ecstasy of worship to physical sexual climax and you'll have a better idea of what will be happening.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I do love it when a trinitarian comes to the realization that said belief isn't a biblical reality

I have come to no such realization. You assume that my faith in the Trinity comes from the Johannine Comma.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I do love it when a trinitarian comes to the realization that said belief isn't a biblical reality

I have come to no such realization. You assume that my faith in the Trinity comes from the Johannine Comma.

no... but you've eliminated one of the strongest arguements

And the fact that the "great commision" is bogus... you really have nothing else aside from mistranslations and assumptions

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Oh come on... When have i ever not listened to what you have to say...

I don't buy your metering stuff... but aside from that im always open to theory

I don't get that impression from you anymore.

also you opened my eyes a bit to your ideas.... you just proved you're not a fundy... the bible can't be "inerrant" if it has additions

I believe the metered Scriptures are inerrant, but the collection of manuscripts that we call the Bible today are full of adulterations.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I don't get that impression from you anymore.

being open to a theory doesn't equal agreeing with said theory.... but im happy to listen

I believe the metered Scriptures are inerrant, but the collection of manuscripts that we call the Bible today are full of adulterations.

Well... the "preserved word" we've discussed recently has the false ending of Mark... and the comma

So which scriptures are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well... the "preserved word" we've discussed recently has the false ending of Mark... and the comma

So which scriptures are you referring to?

I'm referring to the metered scriptures. Count the syllables to find the pattern. Variants break the pattern.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew16:28

Explain this scripture then. Because the second coming of Christ didn't happen but Jesus said it would before some standing before him tasted death.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

We've been over this before... what does this metering system prove?

Especially considering the bible wasn't written in english?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

We've been over this before... what does this metering system prove?

Especially considering the bible wasn't written in english?

The syllable metering exists in the Hebrew and Greek. It provides the dating of the passages in question, interpretation based on similar metering patters borrowed from other books, and it maps prophetic timelines both retroactively and progressively based on equidistant timelines from the point of authorship.

I'm vetting the Meter in Matt 24 and 25. I'm close to proving my point. I might share my results with ATS. Or maybe not, I haven't decided yet.
edit on 6-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well i will be looking forward to that thread when you're ready to post it...

In the mean time how about "Metering" matt 28...

You will find out quickly if your metering system works in the second last verse

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I've got my hands tied with Matt 24 right now. I'm cross referencing it with Daniel 9 and Ephesians 1. Like I said, the NT is interactive with the OT.

Other meters have been found by other people in Gen 1, Zeph 1,2&3, Isaiah 52&53, Psalm 90, Genesis 5, and the opening chapters to each NT book have been found to be metered as well.

So I'd bet money on Matt 28 being metered, and Matt 25's variants have been confirmed by breaking the pattern.

Just take some time to learn some Greek. Its a fairly easy language to read (phonetically). You only need to learn enough to count syllables.

Maybe then you could make your case that the Gospels stand apart from the rest of the Bible.

But as it stands today. The Gospels reflect the same metering.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
God's plan is super efficient. The earth is round so it looks flat from the ground but it also makes the most sense for the shape of a planet. The earth spins at the perfect speed so gravity works, we have oxygen, food, water, shelter and the fact is we choose a path, good or evil and stick to that path as long as it makes life comfortable.

But if everyone chose to only try to be good and do good deeds as much as possible and people didn't make laws that hurt the citizens, if our politicians gave a damn and our religious leaders weren't all vipers and every nation and its citizens refused to go to war and if we boycott elections until they abolish the Electoral college AND the "Federal" reserve system that makes private individuals unbelievably wealthy and unbelievably powerful...

The world would be a lot better and more efficient. It's not God who is inefficient, it's us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Mat 11:21
“Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Mat 11:22
But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.

Mat 11:23
And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.fn For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join