It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is God's plan so inefficient?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skepticaloverload

well it depends a lot about what you have read about karma.
In the old scriptures it is described very differently than the public mainstream opinion.

Karma is a natural force, like gravity or magnetism. But this force is a lot more abstract and subtle and it has many levels of workings in both physical universe and after death. And it may be the most abstract force in existence, so hard to define and say it is just that and that.

if you are interested in karma, then find appropriate esoteric scriptures and study them and contemplate, and do that also with non dual or absolute nature of reality that master yogis, buddhist, hindus, taoists, etc... describe. Maybe than the concept of karma will be more clear to you and what it is in reality.
Oh and also, by some of their teachings even gods cannot escape karma. Everything that is born - dies, created - destroyed, etc...impermanent reality is true for psychical or others universes they say.

so it is not about JUST justice, that is small part of it, it is a LOT more than that.

But unfortunately I cannot lecture anyone on anything, my understanding is far from complete, so everything is just an opinion, just take from it what makes sense to you...and it may as well be all nonsense

: )
edit on 1459990447454April544543016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe God reviewed all the options, and the current plan is the one with maximum salvation without overriding human volition.

If you can have a little faith today despite the temptations and chaos of the world, then remaining faithfull in eternity will be a joy.
edit on 6-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So we are sitting in heaven. No decay, no entropy, no negativity, no violence, no pain, no worries. How fricken boring would that be? We potentially are bored out of our minds.

In contrast, this reality seems like a perfect place for a vacation. We start out with no memories of which to cheapen this life. We have no idea of where we came from or where we will go after our time on this rock ends. EXCITING.

It almost sounds like we have the perfect place to escape the mundane.

Even when we are back in 'heaven', we can keep our memories of this life and previous ones in which to reminisce.

I wonder if karma is just another word for reality.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think the plan is inefficient because the bible wasn't written by God but by man. No other reason. Also it was a collection of writings from numerous individuals and then needed to be changed so as it would make sense when put together.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
I think the plan is inefficient because the bible wasn't written by God but by man. No other reason. Also it was a collection of writings from numerous individuals and then needed to be changed so as it would make sense when put together.

Can you read Hebrew or Greek?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No I can't read Hebrew or Greek. That still doesn't mean that the bible wasn't written by many different people.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

No I can't read Hebrew or Greek. That still doesn't mean that the bible wasn't written by many different people.

Then you don't even know how interactive the text is.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Just because it was doctored to make failed prophecies seem like they actually happened doesn't make it truth. Let me ask you this. Would you drink poison?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

You haven't got the slightest idea of what you have closed your mind to, but you seem to enjoy your present state, so who am I to tell you otherwise.

No I don't drink poison, so I'll end our little exchange right here and let you have it all.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well Mark 16:18 states that as a Christian you can drink poison, handle venemous snakes and lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. If God's healing powers were effective then we wouldn't need hospitals would we.

And I'm very well aware of what I have closed my mind to because I spent years blindly believing the lies told in that book. I prayed night and day and read God's word every day and guess what? Nothing in my life changed. My prayers to heal my mother did not work. Why not drink some poison and see how far your faith gets you? It's written in the scriptures so it must be true.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Just correcting you here: Mark 16 ends at verse 8. Knowing a little about the manuscripts goes a long way.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Woh what???

Are you actually admitting the bible has been tampered with?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Woh what???

Are you actually admitting the bible has been tampered with?

I've acknowledged that there are textual variants since day one on ATS. That doesn't mean that the original words aren't there. You have to know how to read the meter to identify the original text.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Textual variants are not the same as half of a chapter being added to the text...

And IF you know that much has been added to the last chapter of mark, which most people that have studied the bible know... aside from the fundies...

Who is to say what else was added... Well scholars for one...

edit on 6-4-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Textual variants are not the same as half of a chapter being added to the text...

And IF you know that much has been added to the last chapter of mark, which most people that have studied the bible know... aside from the fundies...

Who is to say what else was added... Well scholars for one...

The text added in Mark 16 sticks out like a sore thumb, it just requires a little homework. Again, questionable passages can be vetted by looking for breaks in the metering. Unfortunately, scholars don't know about that.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Fortunately scholars don't need to rely on such things... they rely on the writing styles and places in fragments where they can clearly see something isn't original...

You realize you just tossed the evidence for your trinity out the window with that statement.. right?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You realize you just tossed the evidence for your trinity out the window with that statement.. right?

I ruled out false evidence, yes. But the Trinity is still evident in the Scriptures as is the meter, which is a rhetorical writing style.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

edit on 6-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Let me clarify...

You admit there are alterations in the texts...

the Johannine comma is pretty much established by most scholars that it isn't part of the original text... it was added

And the great commission where Jesus uses the "Trinitarian Formula" wasn't actually followed within the texts of the NT... Nor is in mentioned anywhere after the verse in Matthew

You just ruined your trinity... by admission

Theres nothing left aside from vague passages and mistranslated verses from the OT

Never thought i'd see the day man...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

it was added to the text.... As BP clearly admitted

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join