It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Islam: The EU Culture Eating Disease

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just for the record, Hadith are not mandatory nor are they even agreed upon. Different denominations and schools of thought accept different Hadith as authentic and false, with some accepting none (like Quranists). My dad is a part time Imam and we've literally never taught this, with the only Muslim communities I've ever been around that do this coming from the MidEast.

That's why I keep pointing out culture instead of religion. Many of those same cultures also use the word "kaffir" as a racial slur against black people (like the "n-word" in America). But the Qur'an's definition of "Kaffir" is simply a "non-believer", which has no racial connotation.

Edit to Add: And there are plenty of denominations in Islam. So which one are you talking about?

Are these Muslims not Muslim then?

How can you not comprehend that his post was about cultures and different adaptations which don't necessarily have any real worth within his relgion but have become part of a certain group due to their interpitation?

Or was you just trying to be a smart ass?

I thought it was fair. I was under the impression the Hadith has canonical authority. Doesn't that mean that in order to be a true Muslim you have to follow it? Honest question, I am ignorant on the topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

I have watched several tv programmes where the orthodox have had their representatives loud and as usual vociferous about their rights which they parade as basic human rights for their special courts system etc but its because of them we are ham-strung against yet another threat to our civilisation - islamic ideals which differ so much from our own values.

We do need to address both these two little enclaves because neither is good for our society in general because of their expecting special treatment instead of their integrating and making this country a stronger and especially united one.
As a Brit I don't appreciate other people coming here and expecting their often offensive religious beliefs to be respected by all and especially held as superior to everything else.

<< 1   >>

join