It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami by Quake? Bomb? Comet? EM?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
So Ycon, is this an attempt at quantity equals quality? How many threads are you going to start about this?

Regardless, you still haven't come up with any actual proof, have you. Just the same old repeated reports about "someone somewhere who said something".

Earthquakes happen.

They are not a figment of our imaginations.

Deal with it.

Montana, I will requote what I said to seekerof earlier in this thread.

by self
So Seekerof, just because it’s expected, there’s no way it could have been anything else except natural, right?

All the sheeple have no question about what caused this massive quake, that killed 275,000 people
(according to latest reports).

If by chance there was something else that triggered this 9.0 quake, we will never know because we didn’t question it. A perfect crime may have been committed or perhaps something triggered this quake that man is unaware of. They talk about prevention, early warnings and humanitarian missions to rebuild area’s that are devastated by major quakes and tsunamis, but they don’t want to discuss how mans technology is affecting the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Questions are great. You never learn anything without asking questions.

Eventually, your questions must either lead to answers, or you have to realize you are persuing a dead end.

The only way to find out is to follow the FACTS as you find them. That is what we are asking of you. So far you haven't given us any facts to support your theory, only wild guesses and unsupported opinions. There is no evidence in the links you have given us, and I have been unable to find any myself. Therefore I have to believe this is a deadend line of research.

Please either present some facts or hang it up so you can spend your energy in more profitable ways.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wahoo! I like this one.... I think it could be great fun to dig into these ideas and find out if any are the tinyest bit possible....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Questions are great. You never learn anything without asking questions.

Eventually, your questions must either lead to answers, or you have to realize you are persuing a dead end.

The only way to find out is to follow the FACTS as you find them. That is what we are asking of you. So far you haven't given us any facts to support your theory, only wild guesses and unsupported opinions. There is no evidence in the links you have given us, and I have been unable to find any myself. Therefore I have to believe this is a deadend line of research.

Please either present some facts or hang it up so you can spend your energy in more profitable ways.

Montana, this thread was started because I have questions about this big quake and with all the things that happened around this event there should be questions raised. I'm not the only one who is researching it. If I had all the answers I would of posted them, instead I posted everything I could find that happened around that time, that 'may have' been connected. One fact that I posted earlier was that a bomb was detonated in the past that caused a wave/tsunami and they said it was natural but 6 years later they admitted to it. Facts don't always come out right away especially if there is a coverup in process. I will hang it up when I feel there is nothing else to research. I have just begun. HANG TIGHT

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Here are some references and thoughts on the subject of created earthquakes and EM and a little bit referring to fission-fussion-fission bomb.
Interesting stuff. I found some direct quotes from the State Department and the UN.

1935, Nicola Tesla was able to cause "rhythmical vibrations to pass through the Earth with almost no loss of energy," and he could "convey these mechanical effects to the greatest terrestrial distances and produce all kinds of unique effects. He called it "the art of telegeodynamics."
en.wikipedia.org...

1975: A Senate sub-committee hearing, chaired by Senator Claiborne Pell, stated that: "We need a treaty now...before the military leaders of the world start directing storms, manipulating climates and inducing earthquakes against their enemies." Senator Pell would not have spoken these words in 1975 about inducing earthquakes unless he had some knowledge that such technology existed. NEWS BRIEF: "United States and Other World Powers Should Outlaw Tampering With Weather for Use as War Weapon", Editorial by Senator Claiborne Pell, D-Rhode Island, The Providence Journal Bulletin, 1975.
newswire.indymedia.org...
www.cuttingedge.org...
home1.gte.net...
bioguide.congress.gov...

December 10, 1976, the General Assembly of the United Nations approved the 'Convention of the Prohibition of Military or any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques,' and issued a report. Again, such a report would not have been issued if there were not technology in place capable of environmental modification, including the ability to induce earthquakes.
www.state.gov...
www.unep.org...

The June 5, 1977, New York Times described the great earthquake which destroyed Tangshan, China on July 28, 1976, and killed over 650,000 people.

Just before the first tremor at 3:42 am, the sky lit up like daylight. The multi-hued lights, mainly white and red, were seen up to 200 miles away. Leaves on many trees were burned to a crisp and growing vegetables were scorched on one side, as if by a fireball. Some investigators believe these electrical effects were associated with electromagnetic plasma and ball lightning and the strange array of flashes which result from Tesla-style technology and /or HAARP-like transmissions. Was this brilliant flash of colored light what Tesla was talking about in 1935 when he mentioned "all kinds of unique effects²"? Was this earthquake just a test of the system, conducted on the unsuspecting people of China? It certainly does not appear that it was a natural earthquake.
history1900s.about.com...

In January of 1978, Dr. Andrija Puharich, MD, LL.D, issued a detailed research paper entitled 'Global Magnetic Warfare - A Layman's View of Certain Artificially Induced Unusual Effects on The Planet Earth During 1976 and 1977.' In his paper, Dr. Puharich stated, "Of the many great earthquakes of 1976, there is one that demands special attention - the July 28, 1976 Tangshan, China earthquake."

The January 1978 edition of Specula magazine ran an article which described an incredibly profound phenomenon that could be produced within the Earth by what is called the 'Tesla Effect.' According to the article, electromagnetic signals of certain frequencies can be transmitted through the Earth to form standing waves in the Earth itself. In certain cases, coherence to this standing wave can be induced wherein a fraction of the vast, surging electromagnetic current of the Earth itself feeds into and augments the induced standing wave. In other words, "much more energy is now present in the standing wave that the ...amount being fed in from the Earth's surface." By interferometer techniques, giant standing waves can be combined to produce a focused beam of very great energy. This can the be used to produce earthquakes induced at distant aiming points.

Dr. Peter Beter, said that by 1977, the Russians had placed fission-fusion-fission Super-bombs in certain deep undersea trenches around the Philippines. The source believes that the Philippines are in the position of a 'keystone' within the giant Pacific Tectonic Plate. Russia had already been setting off lower yield undersea weapons in other areas around the Pacific Ocean causing strong earthquakes.

Dr. Beter believes the intention was/is to relieve tensions all around the Pacific plate, except the Philippines where stresses would build to tremendous levels. Then, at a certain point, the bombs around the Philippines will be set off. It is expected that this will cause incredible earthquakes and tidal waves and ultimately devastate the American West Coast. Volcanoes erupting in the Philippines are an indication that stresses are building in the area.
www.wanttoknow.info...

The January 30, 1981 edition of the Washington Post reported that in 1979 there were 56 significant earthquakes in the world, and that by 1980 the annual figure was up to 71. Coincidentally, in 1980 there was an increase in ELF transmissions by both Russia and the United States.

In 1981, Lt. Col. Thomas Bearden, a nuclear engineer and the leading Tesla researcher in the U.S., gave a very interesting lecture before the U.S. Psychotronics Association. In part of his talk he was speaking about the standing waves produced by Tesla Magnifying Transmitters that were also discussed in Specula magazine in 1978. He was, in essence, describing how HAARP works. Mr. Bearden stated in part,

Then, what you do is change the frequency. If you change the frequency one way (by de-phasing it), you dump the energy up in the atmosphere beyond the point on the other side of the Earth that you focused upon. As you start ionizing the air, you can change the weather flow patterns, the jet stream, etc.. If you dump it gradually, real gradually, you influence the heck out of the weather. It's a great weather machine. If you dump it sharply, you won¹t get the little ionization like that. You will get flashes and fireballs (plasma) that will come down to the surface of the Earth. You can cause enormous weather changes over entire regions by playing that thing back and forth. Sounds like Tangshan, China, on July 28, 1976.
www.cheniere.org...
www.newdawnmagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
HarmoniusOne, nice work. I’m adding the link to the Dr. Beter page. He seems to know what he’s talking about. I believe the use of electromagnetics would be less obvious then a nuclear bomb, if this quake was caused by man. Plus the Russians were testing missles on and before the day of the quake.

Noticed this while reading.

The four Rockefeller brothers had in mind an eventual double-cross of their secret ally, the Soviet Union, in the programmed nuclear war to come. By seizing control of the moon and installing devastating beam weapons there, they expected to emerge as the final, absolute rulers of the entire world.

-The U.S. moon program continued secretly from a new base: the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.

-American beam weapons were nearing operational status at a secret military base nestled in Copernicus Crater on the moon. But on the night of the Harvest Moon, September 27, 1977, the base was attacked and put out of action by the Soviet Union.

www.peterbeter.host.sk...
-Professional credentials: The things made public by Dr. Beter are
extraordinary--but so is the professional background which preceded his public visibility. He practiced general law in Washington, D.C., from 1951 to 1961, becoming a member of the U.S. Court of Military Appeals in 1952 and the U.S. Supreme Court in 1964. Many of his cases were against the federal government, all of which he won--including one case in which he caught none other than the U.S. Department of Justice burning records in an attempt to defeat him. The resulting decision--Farley vs. U.S., 131 C. Cls. 776 (1955), 127 F Supp. 562--made new law.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
In my previous post about the US base in the indian ocean, Diego Garcia that had a laser project on the moon. 'The U.S. moon program continued secretly from a new base: the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.' this is the same base that reported no damage from the Tsunami.

Just another coincidence?

www.globalsecurity.org...
-Diego Garcia was not affected by the Andaman Tsunami of 26 December 2004. It is located south of the tip of India, well with in range of what the tsunami, with a max elevation of 22 and an average elevation of only 4 feet. Civilians monitoring shortwave radio reported on rec.radio.shortwave that a female operator, in answer to a query from an aircraft after giving weather information, reported no ill effects from the earthquake.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hehehe,
Concerning Diego Garcia "coincedence" there, Ycon.
The depth of the water surrounding Diego Garcia prevented the base from being damaged by the tsunami(s). Have you bothered to research Tsunami's and how they are affected/effected, not just what they are, do, etc., but what affects/effects them??

Oh wait, it says so in the globalsecurity article and findings on this, Ycon:

...the southernmost island in the Chagos Archipelago, sits about 1,000 miles south of India and roughly 2,000 miles from the earthquake’s epicenter. Even though an earthquake like Sunday’s will radiate destructive waves in all directions, the damage caused by the water differs greatly depending on the undersea topography.

Favorable ocean topography minimized the tsunami’s impact on the atoll. Diego Garcia is part of the Chagos Archipelago, situated on the southernmost part of the Chagos-Laccadive Ridge. To the east lies the Chagos Trench, a 400 mile long, underwater canyon that ranges in depth from less than 1,00 meters below the surface to depths that plunge to over 5,000 meters. It is one of the deepest regions of the Indian Ocean. Diego Garcia is located to the west of Chagos Trench, which runs north and south. The depth of the Chagos Trench and grade to the shores does not allow for tsunamis to build before passing the atoll. The result of the earthquake was seen as a tidal surge estimated at six feet.

Tsunami runup at the point of impact will depend on how the energy is focused, the travel path of the tsunami waves, the coastal configuration, and the offshore topography. Small islands with steep slopes usually experience little runup - wave heights there are only slightly greater than on the open ocean. This is the reason that islands with steep-sided fringing or barrier reefs are only at moderate risk from tsunamis.

From the link you provided, Ycon.

As for the "scientific" claims made by Gary Whiteford, I have placed his information, given by your article link, Ycon, in the hands of three Geology Professors (all having Doctorate's in their fields of study) at the college I am attending. They have willingly accepted to investigate and research the feasibility and accuracy of Mr. Gary Whiteford's findings. Their collective concerns were as mine though: were there any type nuclear weapons testing in the region prior to the Indonesian Earthquake and subsequent tsunami(s) and if so, then how does one explain that their was no radiation detected being that there would undoubtedly be released by such an occurance? Find anything on these matters yet, Ycon?

I shall quickly (hopefully) return with their thoughts (findings, etc.) on this soon.

seekerof

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The tsunami could NOT have been caused by some sort of impact. I've explained it in several other threads, and I'll do it again now....

A.) First off, where was the thick trail of smoke, fire, and all that in the sky? Surely someone, somewhere would have seen something. Something that big entering the atmosphere would definitely cause a trail like that. And yes, it would be visible from thousands of miles away.

If not visual sightings, then countries with the capabilities to detect nuclear blasts would be able to see it. The energy released would be much greater, not to mention something would be streaming through the atmosphere from space very high and very fast. That could make some countries nervous and willing to strike another nation with little to no reason.

2.) Secondly, what happened to the water? When the asteroid hit the water the heat from it would have instantly vaporized millions upon millions of water. That water would then be thrown into the atmosphere, and the southern hemisphere (or at least a good share of it) would be engulfed in rain. The rain wouldn't make it into the northern hemisphere because of wind patterns and other things like that.

In short, an asteroid would be more than just a splash causing a wave. Even if the asteroid hit relatively edge-on (think of an olympic diver) and didn't produce much wave, the sheer heat from the object would still vaporize a great amount of water.

C.) Thirdly, what about the crater? Well, the earthquake would have come from at the ocean floor, not some few miles or however deep below the crust. Yes, it would be possible for someone to fudge calculations, but then that would call for EVERY OTHER scientist (in the fields related) in the world to be in on fudging the numbers. That's HIGHLY unlikely.

4.) Last of all, where is the dust and debris in the ocean? I'm certain ships, oceanographers, and whoever else's job pertains to water, would notice excess amounts of dust and debris and junk floating through the water. That's for basically the entire world, but mainly for the general Indonesian area.

And as for 22 out of 30 major earthquakes being caused by nuclear blasts? Yeah right! Maybe there is a large shockwave felt in the Earth near the vicinity of the blast, but no blast makes the techtonic plates move around the Earth. That's purely nature's doing.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What I've come to notice is that most conspiracies that get generated after a horrid occurrence, no matter whether it is man generated or natural, tend to have a common thread of placing blame. I believe this happens because people don't want to accept that the terrible event couldn't have been prevented. If the event can be blamed on some evil group of people who either directly caused it, or through some devious cover-up of, say, an ET threat, allowed humanity to remain vulnerable, then the event can be accepted as "their" doing and it could have been prevented if only we could find them and purge them from our existence.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hehehe,
Concerning Diego Garcia "coincedence" there, Ycon.
The depth of the water surrounding Diego Garcia prevented the base from being damaged by the tsunami(s). Have you bothered to research Tsunami's and how they are affected/effected, not just what they are, do, etc., but what affects/effects them??

Oh wait, it says so in the globalsecurity article and findings on this, Ycon:

From the link you provided, Ycon.

Hehehe Seekerof, The coincidence I was referring to was the fact that Diego Garcia military base, is the same base that was secretly working on the laser technology.

Originally posted by Seekerof
As for the "scientific" claims made by Gary Whiteford, I have placed his information, given by your article link, Ycon, in the hands of three Geology Professors (all having Doctorate's in their fields of study) at the college I am attending. They have willingly accepted to investigate and research the feasibility and accuracy of Mr. Gary Whiteford's findings. Their collective concerns were as mine though: were there any type nuclear weapons testing in the region prior to the Indonesian Earthquake and subsequent tsunami(s) and if so, then how does one explain that their was no radiation detected being that there would undoubtedly be released by such an occurance? Find anything on these matters yet, Ycon?

I shall quickly (hopefully) return with their thoughts (findings, etc.) on this soon.

seekerof

Great Seekerof, I look forward to what your 3 geology professors have to say. The question about radiation, I have not seen any reports of radiation. Either there was no nuclear weapons or no reports. If a bomb was used it was not nuclear.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
HAARP Scalar weapons are being used by atleast 5 groups/countries. These electromagnetic pulse weapons are more powerful then a nuclear bomb and there is no radiation. They are used to modify weather, cause earthquakes and volcanos to erupt. They have also been used for mind control.

portland.indymedia.org... (HAARP, Scalar)
-THIS TECHNOLOGY IS BEING SPRUNG ON THE WORLD FROM THE 1990s onward! Thus, you are required to know about this immediately. Given the earthquake standdown, focused at Aceh, Sumatra, it is very likely that this technology is being used to seed earthquakes that people WANT to cause damage for politcal purposes. Similarly, as Bush was sabre-ratting against Iran last year, we have an instance of the "out of the blue" quality of the Bam, Iran earthquake. Bam, Iran is an ancient city that has stood for over 2000 years. Then, suddenly it has a devestating earthquake WHERE THE EPICENTER from what I have read came from directly below the city!
-The USSR attempted to have the U.S. agree to the total banning of scalar electromagnetic warfare in the 1970s. The U.S. refuses! That should tell you something.

-HAARP = "NUCLEAR SIZED EXPLOSIONS WITHOUT RADIATION"

"Begich found eleven other APTI Patents. They told how to make ‘Nuclear-sized Explosions without Radiation,’ Power-beaming systems, over-the-horizon radar, detection systems for missiles carrying nuclear warheads, ***electromagnetic pulses previously produced by thermonuclear weapons and other Star-Wars tricks. This cluster of patents underlay the HAARP weapon system.***

-The Brave New World of Scalar Electromagnetics
-The electromagnetic weapons mentioned by the Secretary of Defense in April 1997 are in terrorist hands also, including the Yakuza and Aum Shinrikyo. That rogue group leased those earlier weapons on site in Russia, from the KGB, at the end of 1989. The SecDef stated that such weapons were being used to initiate earthquakes, initiate volcanoes into eruption, and control and engineer the weather. Quite true. And presently there is a truly massive set of weather engineering operations going on over North America, from that rogue Japanese group manning the weapons in Russia. Some 10 nations of the world now have the type of longitudinal EM wave interferometer weapons (which are what the SecDef was most probably referring to). There are other even more fearsome weapons, possessed by five nations. So a great deal of the state of the world is not covered in the news at all, and will not be . . .
-We have been in an undeclared war of an eerie kind for some decades. That war seems now to have started to heat up also. The destructive capability of some of these weapons is awesome, and far greater than nuclear.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I also at first thought this was an asteroid strike out at sea where no-one saw it enter the atmosphere, but the more I think about it and read on the subject the more I agree with CDRKeenKid, that it is exactly what they say it is.

Beside the reasons given by him, there is one he didn’t mention that I know from living here in FL about 80 miles from the NASA Shuttle landing strip. Even a smaller object entering the atmosphere at high altitude and speed breaks the sound barrier and rattles windows for hundreds of miles around. Something that would have been big enough to generate the Megatons of energy this released would have broken windows all around the Indian Ocean before impact. As you can see in the videos, this is not the case.

As far as the whole government did it line of thought goes, I have a hard time believing that we have anything capable of generating the megatons of energy required to cause this event, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
What I've come to notice is that most conspiracies that get generated after a horrid occurrence, no matter whether it is man generated or natural, tend to have a common thread of placing blame. I believe this happens because people don't want to accept that the terrible event couldn't have been prevented. If the event can be blamed on some evil group of people who either directly caused it, or through some devious cover-up of, say, an ET threat, allowed humanity to remain vulnerable, then the event can be accepted as "their" doing and it could have been prevented if only we could find them and purge them from our existence.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Valhall.... You may be correct in your theory. It is exceedingly difficult for people to accept the loss of so many lives at once. I know I can't even listen to the stories of the survivors as it is too painful. However, I for one, am not seeking a place to lay blame. I have been researching several related topics for months now and had already come to the conclusion that there would be a "big one" soon and along a particular line around the earth. The quake and tsunami happened along that line. I also predicted that it would occur within a few minutes of the hour and exactly 10 km deep. However it is all theory. I have nothing more than circumstantial evidence. Which is why I thought this might be a really good thread to see other peoples ideas and evidence. Maybe with the combination of the two, I will have something a little more concrete. BTW, your post was exceptionally diplomatic and nonacusatory in every way. Thank you for that.

Thoughts on.....
*Dolphins and Whales - Seems like I heard several stories about them beaching themselves in various areas during the time surroundind the event. It is possible that they were doing so in an attempt to evade the disaster but that seems illogical to me, in that, if they were smart enough to figure out they needed to get away, wouldn't they be smart enough to figure out that they die on land. Seems like if they were just running, they would head for safety not death. However, it is concievable that they were trying to escape pain. Great amounts of pain tends to make mamals act irrationally, for example: a dog bites his owner who is trying to remove glass from his paw. He knows it hurts, he wants it out but can't seem to control his reaction. Perhaps this would explain the reactions of dolphins and whales. If so, what would cause that kind of pain without leaving physical evidence? I say without evidence because in the articles I have read about such activity in the past, rescuers state they can not explain what would cause dolphins and whales to beach themselves. Therefore, there must not have been any apparent physical causes, ie injury. Could it be sound, vibration, frequency? If so, from where? Sonar? Nature itself? ELF/ULF waves? What are the known possibilities?

Here are some articles about beachings. Many point to sonar, which the Navy denies. Of course they would, but in some cases they can back this up with evidence. So perhaps, at least in some cases they are telling the truth and it is just a coincidence that they were in the area. Then my question would be, are there any other vibratory, sound/frequency sources that may be having the same effect on these creatures?

Hawaii
Australia
Tasmania, New Zealand, AU
Washington
China

*edit to add this link: (ref'd in YCon's original post)
Dec 27 Beaching in Tasmania

[edit on 1/16/05 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It seems dolphins and whales are affected by military sonar. They get the bends like in humans. They panic when a loud sound is heard and rush up to the surface.

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...
-The new research from the Canary Islands suggests two possible ways in which the whales could be harmed by the gas bubbles. One is similar to how humans get the bends: that the whales panic at the sound of the loud sonar noises and rise too quickly from deep water. As they rise, nitrogen bubbles can be formed from the rapid change in pressure and cause the bends.

The other hypothesis involves bubble formation caused directly by the sonar on gas nuclei, or bubble "precursors," in whale tissues already highly saturated with nitrogen.

-We know there is a connection between military sonar and strandings, and now we're making progress on the physical mechanism causing them, said Joel Reynolds, an attorney with the National Resources Defense Council, which sued the government over the low-frequency sonar. This is very compelling scientific evidence.

-The Navy initially said that its sonar had no connection with the 2000 stranding, but a later inquiry ruled out all other possibilities and concluded the sonar most likely caused the animals to die.

((This following story looks like a preparation for something. Could it be?))

www.clydelewis.com...

Synchronicity once again reared its head on the Ground Zero show that night. The next day a story was released in the Washington post that reported that indeed troops were gathering in Nevada for a "secret meeting." It was a war game exercise with a curious scenario.

The "war" game exercise is being conducted for an imaginary scenario where a large earthquake hits a country; there's chaos and then a Military Coup.

The event is being dubbed the Millennium Challenge 02.The scenario for Millennium Challenge is classified. All military spokesmen will say is that the scenario includes an earthquake in Country X followed by chaos and a military coup and the taking of some islands in a mythical part of the world where most of the oil lifelines exist.

Now the Military will not say which country is Country X.

Isn't it obvious?

Iraq could very well be a target of the new technologies that could set off a chain reaction and possibly a man made earthquake

This is interesting also

Dr Rosalie Bertell, renowned scientist and nuclear activist has detailed a series of reports in her book 'Planet Earth: The Latest Weapon of War." Her research purports to show that pulse wave detonations were detected before major earthquakes. This would concur with Charlotte King's uncanny way of predicting earthquakes and actually hearing magnetic "foghorns" before a major earthquake hits.

Earthquakes are known to interact with the ionosphere. The Chinese Tang Shan earthquake, which occurred in 1976, is said to have been caused by Soviet ELF wave experiments to heat the ionosphere. The quake left 650,000 people dead. The Chinese reported a glowing cloud that was moving across the horizon before the quake. In September of 1989 ultra low frequency waves were detected in California. These waves grew in intensity and finally subsided a few weeks later. On October 17th the waves appeared again this time with so much intensity they were knocked off the scales. A devastating earthquake hit three hours later in San Francisco.

Unusual radio waves and two sonic booms also preceded the earthquake that hit Los Angeles on January 17th, 1994.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Ycon]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The real reason the quake, and later the Tusunami occured is believed to be as follows:

Two days before the quake happed, another large quake of 8.0 was reported out to sea on the east coast of Australia.

If you have ever seen a world map of the tectonic plates that the continents are on would know one of these plates completely surround Australia.

This quake is believed to have caused an inbalance on this plate and caused a buildup of pressure elsewhere, at the site of the Tusami quake.

Sorry to dissapont. No Atomic bombs or Tesla weapons were responsible, just mother nature at its most distructive.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have read in several different locations, and some of these before the Tsunami, that there was stress being applied to the plates by the melting and shifting weight from the polar ice and permafrost. I just recently read somewhere that the weight shift has caused the earth to become more flat at the poles and elongated in the center. It makes sense to me that this would cause the plates to shift and create this type of event.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We shall see if this earthquake was a scalar weapon strike......
If the Dollar gets stronger and Europe starts toeing the American
line again, we will know that this was a weapon strike.

Think about it, the world has been dumping dollars and de-investing
in the U.S., that is equivelent to economic/financial attacks intented
to destablize the U.S. economy and cause a wall street crash.
Because the U.S. can not attack the whole world, it can send a
large message that says " If we go down, we will take the world
with us!". Any comments?

[edit on 1/16/2005 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
it can send a
large message that says " If we go down, we will take the world
with us!". Any comments?

I guess that's possible, but I think that US just wanted to get their troops in there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join