It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Florida alligator may be the new record holder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Did you just volunteer to catch a 15 ft, 800lb alligator?

Not at all.
I think I've been perfectly clear - I understand the threat etc it posed, it's just a bit sad that such a creature had to end this way.
And to be honest, even though I understand the reasoning I still don't get the glorification of it.

Same as I don't get the killing of any animal purely for sport, be it a fox, alligator, lion or whatever.

It has nothing to do with me being 'European', just my take on things.

I understand there's a need to manage the populations of certain animals and the obvious threat some animals pose, charging people for the 'privilege' to kill animals is something that is against my own personal moral code.

I'm not advocating forcing my opinion on anyone at all so where's the big problem?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

LOL it was so tender! Thank you for the link

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
For those of you who think this monster should have been saved, well just go for a twilight swim in a local Florida river.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Right on! Now they know why all the neighbors go missing!!! Lol

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That thing was huge, like something out of prehistoric times. WOW!

I would have had a heart attack seeing that thing come towards me!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I had a heart attack just from the photo..lol

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Hahahaha! I know! I thought at first it had to be fake, how could that even be possible? Then no one was saying it was a fake and I was like.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Mmm, gator is delicious.

LOL at the butthurtedness.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The gator would claim a final victim....

I've had gator at a place called Tunk's in Alexandria, LA. I think it was a parmesan dish. But the meat was like eating boneless skinless chicken thigh, but a little greasier/fattier.

Would I eat it again? If i had to. I just don't really like the idea of eating predator land animals. Fish/birds...different story. But mammals and lizards...give me the oogies. Although for me, that isn't a total deal breaker. Just a preference maker.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Gator Burgers and Gator Wings are the way to go imo.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
That thing was huge, like something out of prehistoric times. WOW!

I would have had a heart attack seeing that thing come towards me!

Now you know what the meant when they said, "Here there be dragons".

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
For those of you who think this monster should have been saved, well just go for a twilight swim in a local Florida river.

I wouldn't recommend going for a swim in shark infested water or a stroll in the african bush at night, ether. But still think we should admire and respect top predators, they are the sign of a heathy eco system.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

LOL it was so tender! Thank you for the link

They say gators and snakes 'taste like chicken' , I think they say that because they wished they had some tender chicken instead.

"Gator again?"

Just pretend its chicken, honey…

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

M'kay, I realize the point you're trying to make, but nobody who knows better does this. You do NOT swim in inland bodies of water (lakes, rivers, streams,canals) in FL that haven't been fully vetted & deemed safe first, twilight or daylight, for exactly this reason. Small nitpick,but those who live(d) there see a flaw in your comment.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
almost as big as the one in Texas 10 years ago....they travel ditches and need to be offed. eating machine.....needs lots......takes big bites, huh!!!!! that's why.....lose the metro bit.....spend a week with us country boys.....we be out all night on fourwheelers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join