It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Plans To Decide Whether To Reschedule Marijuana By Mid-Year

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

The people that have psychological problems from cannabis had them before they even started usage. The cannabis may've made it show a little more quickly, but it was inevitable. Kurt Cobain didn't die from psychosis caused by pot so lets just get that out of the way now. He was a majorly depressed person and had numerous health issues. He didn't kill himself because he was insane.(If he even did it). If you leave your pot and paraphernalia out for a child to find it then you're just a dumb ass that causes this type of reaction in people. I mean you don't leave your prescription pain killers laying out so they can find them do you? Like you said at the end "Parents just need to be RESPONSIBLE"

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Medical marijuana is a joke. It's these new agers reading old text books then applying their trashy opinions to the mix to change stuff and seem like they're doing something with the tax dollars supporting them.

It's like this... Most new agers are too stupid to invent and make discoveries so they just try to change old ways for a change. It's just like other sectors of society constantly wanting to change stuff. Such as gay marriage, sex Ed for children, etc.

The number one argument for marijuana I've heard is pain relief. Bull Sh! I've had chronic nerve pain for almost 2 decades and upon trying pot all it did was amplify the pain signals but I didn't care because I was stoned and joking around.

The drug should be reclassified as extremely detrimental to society and the minds of its victims. People just want to use it for amusement so falsely report its effects. People are lying sacks of crap that just want to have fun being high.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: feedmemore
a reply to: Miracula2

The people that have psychological problems from cannabis had them before they even started usage.

Sounds like cognitive dissonance to me. People who want to engage in a behavior mislead themselves in order to avoid cognitive dissonance. It seems to me that it is much simply to say "There is risk, and I am willing to take those risks".

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn As it stands today, if I am a medical marijuana patient my 2nd Amendment rights get taken away.

hows that work? too many laws to keep track of it all.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Missed that last sentence - I almost got married in Dripping Springs. I'm 0ff Mopac just south of West Lake... coming up almost a year ago that San Marcos/Williamsburg got washed away. Not even during a summer thunderstorm in NC did it come close to raining that hard. Incredible. Think we got 6 inches in an hour. Yikes. Enough of that. Be good, be good at.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I don't miss mopark. I heard they shut down a couple lanes for construction times.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamtherealgod

You know, I could care less what you do with your life, as long as you aren't hurting anyone but yourself.

So, how am I hurting anyone?

Why is that you feel as though you have the right to dictate what it is that I do to my body? Its not your body. Stop caring.

I just find it extremely paradoxical that we live in a society that expresses higher ideals of liberty and freedom, yet tries to strongarm its citizens into only using the drugs that it approves of. You don't find that odd? Like, at all?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dilly83
a reply to: projectvxn As it stands today, if I am a medical marijuana patient my 2nd Amendment rights get taken away.

In Nevada they will not allow gun ownership, CCWs or anything firearms related if you're a marijuana patient because you're using a controlled schedule 1 substance. They have to abide by federal law.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamtherealgod
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Medical marijuana is a joke. It's these new agers reading old text books then applying their trashy opinions to the mix to change stuff and seem like they're doing something with the tax dollars supporting them.

It's like this... Most new agers are too stupid to invent and make discoveries so they just try to change old ways for a change. It's just like other sectors of society constantly wanting to change stuff. Such as gay marriage, sex Ed for children, etc.

The number one argument for marijuana I've heard is pain relief. Bull Sh! I've had chronic nerve pain for almost 2 decades and upon trying pot all it did was amplify the pain signals but I didn't care because I was stoned and joking around.

The drug should be reclassified as extremely detrimental to society and the minds of its victims. People just want to use it for amusement so falsely report its effects. People are lying sacks of crap that just want to have fun being high.

Someone hasn't been reading science journals but does enjoy drinking refer madness cool aid.

Funny that the US army is doing large scale medical testing on medical marijuana. Maybe you should explain to them they should ignore the science involved in the medical peer reviewed studies.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

In Nevada they will not allow gun ownership, CCWs or anything firearms related if you're a marijuana patient because you're using a controlled schedule 1 substance. They have to abide by federal law.

Seems like the most reasonable thing to me. If people don't have any kids to set an example for let them use marijuana all they want. But they shouldn't have access to firearms. They can have a choice. Own guns or use marijuana

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: projectvxn

Seems like the most reasonable thing to me. If people don't have any kids to set an example for let them use marijuana all they want. But they shouldn't have access to firearms. They can have a choice. Own guns or use marijuana

But yet getting drunk or even going to bar in Arizona with a ccl is OK! Wow

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
*exhales bong smoke*

Guys, you can't all seriously believe this should be legal everywhere though.

The reason my healthcare is so cheap is I keep forgetting what day my appointments are.

*bubble-bubble-bubble-bubble*

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Yeah, but if you want to argue burning anything and inhaling it is smart, well, it's not.

Colorado is pro-safe substance use more than they are pro-weed. The money thrown at the wall for edibles and pills is huge.

Just take my tedtiment, that guys an idiot, I have RA and Marijuana -IS- nice. RA MMJ traces back legitimately thousands of years, it's a better excuse than Cancer to smoke. Does it work better than my Celebrex? No. Does CBD non psycho-active MMJ help me more than Celebrex? Yes. That's why they're creating a pill-form now. I personally would be happy to quit once I get some.

In the meantime anyone who 'loves THC' is a drug user imo, and that's fine with me, just don't deny it. It's IMO less stupid than cigarettes. The whole MMJ movement was anti-alcohol, that's how it originally started passing. It has nothing to do with medical anyway.
edit on 10-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
*exhales bong smoke*

Guys, you can't all seriously believe this should be legal everywhere though.

The reason my healthcare is so cheap is I keep forgetting what day my appointments are.

*bubble-bubble-bubble-bubble*

I seriously believe adults should have access To it in any state.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

^

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Yeah, but if you want to argue burning anything and inhaling it is smart, well, it's not.

Colorado is pro-safe substance use more than they are pro-weed. The money thrown at the wall for edibles and pills is huge.

Just take my tedtiment, that guys an idiot, I have RA and Marijuana -IS- nice. RA MMJ traces back legitimately thousands of years, it's a better excuse than Cancer to smoke. Does it work better than my Celebrex? No. Does CBD non psycho-active MMJ help me more than Celebrex? Yes. That's why they're creating a pill-form now. I personally would be happy to quit once I get some.

In the meantime anyone who 'loves THC' is a drug user imo, and that's fine with me, just don't deny it. It's IMO less stupid than cigarettes. The whole MMJ movement was anti-alcohol, that's how it originally started passing. It has nothing to do with medical anyway.

It has nothing to do with medical?

Thats not at all accurate. CBD is illegal to the DEA . where I live you can't get it. It's legal butbyou can't buy it legally.

Not only that your particular problem may be helped by cbd but that isn't the only compound that is useful. Pain relief uses THC. So do other illnesses. If a cancer patient want to get high to deal with some of the uncomfortable effects of treatment that's a whole lot better than opiates.

I am pretty sure there is no conclusive evidence marijuana smoke causes cancer because of its ability to slow or stop tumor growth.

It's also not the only way to inhale marijuana.

And yeah a good deal of people want to get high. It's a benign drug compaired to almost any other out there unless you have some particular mental illnesses.

edit on 10-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yes I know there are other ways but butane is just flat harmful to inhale. It has nothing to do with weed. My point is people ignore that and mostly smoke bowls. They also smoke papers that most have bleach, also definitely not good.

CBD is illegal? No idea what that means seeing as I smoke CBD weed, is this any different than smoking normal Weed from a legality standpoint? The pills are making people sick too, so it's probably not a good idea to take them until they tweak it out.

As for pain relief I don't suggest THC unless your pain requires a psycho-active. Depression might be okay, but that's compareable to taking a Vicodin if you're sad to me to just blow out your mind all together. Cancer is different because there is specifically evidence for Cancer.

Ps. Yes it has nothing to do with medical. It wasn't until anti-alcohol campaigns specifically linking MMJ to less alcohol use it was adopted. The rest is mostly same-old stories that have been rejected forever.
edit on 10-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yes I know their are other ways but butane is just flat harmful to inhale. It has nothing to do with weed. My point is people ignore that and mostly smoke bowls. They also smoke papers that most have bleach, also definitely not good.

CBD is illegal? No idea what that means seeing as I smoke CBD weed, is this any different than smoking normal Weed from a legality standpoint? The pills are making people sick too, so it's probably not a good idea to take them until they tweak it out.

As for pain relief I don't suggest THC unless your pain requires a psycho-active. Depression might be okay, but that's compareable to taking a Vicodin if you're sad to me to just blow out your mind all together. Cancer is different because there is specifically evidence for Cancer.

Ps. Yes it has nothing to do with medical. It wasn't until anti-alcohol campaigns specifically linking MMJ to less alcohol use it was adopted. The rest is mostly same-old stories that have been rejected forever.

This is going to sound harsh but I don't think anyone really cares what you recommend. I am not being rude.

Until I got old I competed in judo, wrestling and BJJ. Wrestled in middle, high, and college. Started judo in high school and BJJ in college.

I can tell you a lot of people use marijuana for recovery. Olympic athletes included. I competed in college at a very high level. Jocks know it helps. Would it be better to pop pills or take a couple shots no way. Would it be better to meditate sure.

Just saying people tend to know what works with these type of low grade treatments.

Let's face it man pot is just not an overly dangerous drug. It doesn't need to have the stigma it does.

And yeah it has everything to do with medical your statement is absurd.

The US army is even testing it for ptsd.

There are forms of epilepsy that it is the only known relief for.
edit on 10-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It's no less dangerous than Advil, the question is just, why not take Advil?

People won't use pot responsibily. That's a fact too. They already don't.

Decriminalized drugs and ilegal sale is the future, your state is already perfect it sounds. You just need to wait until it's distribution, because atm the pills make people sick. But if you think we all need heavy access to smoke more, that ain't healthy! Hands down!

I don't think the Goverment needs to be Dad, but 21 no contest for my age vote andown much scruity for the medical. Teaching 'sick people' to smoke is stupid.
edit on 11-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

It is less dangerous than advil. Advil effects your liver more than refer.

It is much worse in combination with alcohol.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join