It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Plans To Decide Whether To Reschedule Marijuana By Mid-Year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's long overdue they pull their heads from their behinds and unban something that grows out of the ground.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

It was an over the top portrayal.

I've never known anyone like that, and I know a LOT of smokers.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
BTW, if one cares to look or know, the federal governments claim to jurisdiction on illegal drugs is based on contraband. Contraband is imported items on which the tax has not been paid. The jurisdiction can also be had by interstate commerce, but neither is ever claimed directly but only by referencing 'code' which contains the verbiage.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223

It's long overdue they pull their heads from their behinds and unban something that grows out of the ground.

You can thank the hypocritical southern Christians, the same ones who ban the sales of alcoholic beverages on Sunday, yet cheat on their spouses the day before.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
One of the first things that moron Obama sent out to DEA field offices when he was 'inaugurated' was to leave marijuana alone. Between Obama smoking dope and Bill smoking dope, the White House needs to be fumigated come January!!!

Why are you so mad about people doing something you disapprove of? You approve of the government telling us what we can put into our bodies?
edit on 8-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i'd be surprised if this actually happens.

i will be happy when, in states that have legal recreational cannabis, people don't lose their job over cannabis use.

It's just so frustrating that SOOO many states are coming around to this and the federal government STILL doesn't seem very motivated to change its stance. Yeah, the actions in the OP SEEM like that is the case, but we all know what the DEA is going to say on the matter.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Great because the world really needs more poeple like this in it.

www.youtube.com...

Is that opposed to all the people like this?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

It blows my mind people ever bought into the propaganda in the first place. The law is ridiculous and doesn't take much thought at all to see the corruption. I guess the sheeple outweigh the shepherds by a good bit.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

There is a spark of hope. The media is presenting this change in a positive way. We all know they are just a mouthpiece at this point for political messages from the ivory tower.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I would like to believe they would reschedule it in order to make it more freely available to the people. I would believe that, in a perfect world.

I make a prediction on ATS today. If the FDA asked the DEA to reschedule cannabis, it would only be for the purpose of allowing "pharmaceutical research" and "drug candidates", etc.. They will also do this so that the medicine can be privatized with corporate shareholders, etc.. I hate to say it, but we all know that the groundwork has been laid for what I speak of already.

It should be as simple as this. Cannabis is a commodity like salt, cinnamon, peppermint, or any other herb or spice. It does have medicinal properties.

Worldwide, it should be this way - This is MY body and MY body alone. If I can use something that is natural that benefits me, than I should be able to use that without looking over my shoulder - as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, or me respectively. That should be the limit of the law. Will we live to see justice like that? That sort of truth what to hope for...

The paragraph above is the most important thing. If that doesn't happen, then there is little hope for the future of cannabis. Worldwide.

My other prediction is this - If cannabis is legalized, it will be AFTER the corporate infrastructure for control is established.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Just saw your post title here, Krazy...
I read this morning that it's set to happen......

ANyway - F/S. Back to page 1, post 1.

edit on 4/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Legalizing weed would be a great way to pacify a lot of agitated people. It might be a necessary sacrifice for them to help maintain the status quo

Exactly. I've been thinking that for several years now. Colorado was an "experiment" and it got fanfrickintastic results......
Now more states are buying in.

My stupid state Kansas tried an "experiment" of the opposite flavor: hard-core conservative style. It has FAILED MISERABLY. And we're right next door to Colorado.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

you mean - if anyone knew about it.....

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
More folks need to get baked! Perhaps they could get their sense of humor back and guit obsessing on what dosent even exist!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Should have never been classified as a schedule 1 substance to begin with. You mean to tell me cannabis is more dangerous than coke? Than Meth? I never was able to buy that one...

You might have included tobacco and alcohol in your list.
They kill far more people than cannabis.

It's not a matter of how many people are killed. 1 person is enough. Studies have shown a link between marijuana use and the onset of psychological disorders, and the use of marijuana increases the likelihood that those disorders will occur at an earlier age.Therefore, a parent who demonstrates this behavior by keeping paraphernalia and a few grams is not only sabotaging their children's potential in academics, they are comprising their children's concept of showing respect for the law. AND...putting them at risk of developing terrifying psychological disturbances.

Kurt Cobain wrote in his suicide note that he was "too psychotic to live". Imagine seeing people or hearing things that don't actually exist that you can remove yourself from by changing environments...ie...moving to another state.

However, kids and college students will be kids and young adults. Role models and parents have a RESPONSIBLITY.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Miracula2 because: added the last sentence.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I live in WA. Nothing has changed, except for the better. I wish I partook.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Should have never been classified as a schedule 1 substance to begin with. You mean to tell me cannabis is more dangerous than coke? Than Meth? I never was able to buy that one...

You might have included tobacco and alcohol in your list.
They kill far more people than cannabis.

It's not a matter of how many people are killed. 1 person is enough. Studies have shown a link between marijuana use and the onset of psychological disorders, and the use of marijuana increases the likelihood that those disorders will occur at an earlier age.Therefore, a parent who demonstrates this behavior by keeping paraphernalia and a few grams is not only sabotaging their children's potential in academics, they are comprising their children's concept of showing respect for the law. AND...putting them at risk of developing terrifying psychological disturbances.

Kurt Cobain wrote in his suicide note that he was "too psychotic to live". Imagine seeing people or hearing things that don't actually exist that you can remove yourself from by changing environments...ie...moving to another state.

However, kids and college students will be kids and young adults. Role models and parents have a RESPONSIBLITY.

What a load of paranoid ignorance.

Did you know alcohol cause psychosis as well and it's physically addictive. In a free society you have the option to make stupid mistakes. Or you have the option to make informed decisions. A parent lighting up a doobie is only bad because of sociological stigma coerced by the government infringing apon liberty.

Are you aware that school is also linked to causing psychosis in children with an underlying mental illness? So are social situations. You don't make laws based off these types of what ifs.

Marijuana is as benign a recreational or medical drug there is. The treatment medication for mental illness is just as likely to cause psychosis.

It's also dangerous for blind people to drive. It's a good thing they didn't outlaw cars because of it.
edit on 9-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I saw you mention once before you were originally from Texas Hill Country, but now in SC not too far from Charlotte. I grew up in Charlotte and now live in Austin (not sure if that's Texas Hill Country to you). Figured, however interesting that factoid may or not be I felt like saying it.

Now, I also saw you mention you had a professor wife. I imagine reading studies and policy papers are something that you've done before. Maybe not. At any rate, I posted the best reading/policy perspective capturing the 'train wreck' that the state-federal approach to legalization will/has caused. You seem like a bright enough guy to find it real eye-opening. The link is on page 2 of this thread. I can link it again if you're truly interested and don't find it. Hope you enjoyed the read.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Hey thank you. I will read it. Yeah not only do I have to read this kind of stuff I have to hang out with these folks. I am usually the meat head. I do hold my own with philosophy bit other than some basic acoustics from sound engineering that's it.

I also apologise for not replying u2u. I am usually on a cell and embarrassing always have some kind of issue with that page.

I think I am James on BE.

Our first house was SW Austin. Then we moved out to Drip.
edit on 9-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No worries on the U2U. Catch you on BE sometime.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join