It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Plans To Decide Whether To Reschedule Marijuana By Mid-Year

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Actually nsaid and ibuprofen anti-inflammatory pain relievers carry a higher risk of death than cannabis (which is nil).

www.independent.co.uk...

drjakefelice.com...

articles.mercola.com...

edit on Cam10Wednesday5320163830Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:53:38 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: add

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Actually nsaid and ibuprofen anti-inflammatory pain relievers carry a higher risk of death than cannabis.

www.independent.co.uk...

drjakefelice.com...

articles.mercola.com...

Exactly.

I used the anectdote when I competed in wrestling and judo high level athletes were using marijuana because the effects vs. Side effects were less for recovery time. Particularly because your cutting water weight and putting stress on your organs a lot of the time.

They should allow marijuana for pro athletes. The stuff they take instead of it have far higher risk factors.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes, cancer can have no cause. It's the rarest case. Transcription errors just happen. This is why reproduction doesn't create perfect copies. Cancer itself is evidence of evolution.

That being said, cell damage can even be as vague as falling down and getting a bruise.

These are the 100 billion sided dice.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Yes, cancer can have no cause. It's the rarest case. Transcription errors just happen. This is why reproduction doesn't create perfect copies. Cancer itself is evidence of evolution.

That being said, cell damage can even be as vague as falling down and getting a bruise.

These are the 100 billion sided dice.

Ok well the forces of causing gene mutation are not all the same. Smoking marijuana is not on the high end of the spectrum. Statistically speaking or by lab expirements.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Agreed. Star'd.

*rips bong*

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Also if anything will lead to Cancer disappearing, DNA Repair is the process your body uses to try to fix it.

Getting Cancer requires you to first have error and your body not correct it.

Basically lots of people get cancer and never find out because their genes reject it on their own. For all we know, smoking weed could be improving this.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Agreed. Star'd.

*rips bong*

Jeepers man. Your going to damage your lungs. Get a vape for goodness sake. Take some oil.

It's your own fault to not take advantage of the availability of sensible measures.

Or F it. It's your right to take risks however small they may be.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Also if anything will lead to Cancer disappearing, DNA Repair is the process your body uses to try to fix it.

Getting Cancer requires you to first have error and your body not correct it.

Basically lots of people get cancer and never find out because their genes reject it on their own. For all we know, smoking weed could be improving this.

Hey hey. There we go.

This is what I am referencing. It's very strange the smoke of marijuana isn't showing more signs as a force in damaging cell mutations.

(I mean cell mutations that lead to cancer)
edit on 13-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes. My theory is that's what it's improving. All the dice examples are necessary to acknowledge this though.

Basically I think that while it ABSOLUTELY 'can' increase your risk for Cancer, even though it's small, it's potentially changing our DNA to fight it.

If people cared a tiny bit about not reproducing when it's affecting your whole family, cancer would die from evolution alone. It means your DNA have lower sided dice.

But they could also smoke weed if they can prove this is happening and keep the lineage going.

edit on 13-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes. My theory is that's what it's improving. All the dice examples are necessary to acknowledge this though.

Basically I think that while it ABSOLUTELY 'can' increase your risk for Cancer, even though it's small, it's potentially changing our DNA to fight it.

If people cared a tiny bit about not reproducing when it's affecting your whole family, cancer would die from evolution alone. It means your DNA have lower sided dice.

But they could also smoke weed if they can prove this is happening and keep the lineage going.

Like eugenics?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well, technically, it's hard to place.

It makes you less susceptible to have Cancer. It also makes you less susceptible to evolve if that's what it's doing. lol.

But yes, eugenics could remove cancer for a long time until someone falls down, gets a bruise, gets cancer, and reproduces. I don't condone the idea of eugenics though. We didn't map the genome with the intent of just creating 'perfect people'! Diversity is what makes the world great.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well, technically, it's hard to place.

It makes you less susceptible to have Cancer. It also makes you less susceptible to evolve if that's what it's doing. lol.

But yes, eugenics could remove cancer for a long time until someone falls down, gets a bruise, gets cancer, and reproduces. I don't condone the idea of eugenics though. We didn't map the genome with the intent of just creating 'perfect people'! Diversity is what makes the world great.

Here here!

It sure does.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

As for it "lessening" evolution, there will always be lots of people who don't partake in the MMJ also.

I see it more as "preserving" diversity than just cutting it off. We're already super diverse, if whole lines become riddled with cancer, fixing their DNA is fine, they don't need to die out for the sake of "keeping change".

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: dilly83
a reply to: projectvxn As it stands today, if I am a medical marijuana patient my 2nd Amendment rights get taken away.

hows that work? too many laws to keep track of it all.

In Nevada they will not allow gun ownership, CCWs or anything firearms related if you're a marijuana patient because you're using a controlled schedule 1 substance. They have to abide by federal law.

Seems like the most reasonable thing to me. If people don't have any kids to set an example for let them use marijuana all they want. But they shouldn't have access to firearms. They can have a choice. Own guns or use marijuana

But yet getting drunk or even going to bar in Arizona with a ccl is OK! Wow

Drunks shouldn't own firearms either. Alcohol should be considered a Schedule 1 drug as well.

OK well at least your consistent.

You may feel more comfortable in a Muslim country.

You know despite the fact that I don't believe in Islamic extremism most Muslim nations have a lower crime rate and lower violent crime rate than Christian nations like the United States. The intentional homocide rate in Saudia Arabia is a quarter of what the United States is. And yet the US is supposed to be the most righteous dominant Christian nation with the highest GDP in the world.

Go figure...

Yeah well it helps when you don't consider much a crime. Amnesty and human rights watch would disagree.

Price you pay for being free.

Guess what else Muslim countries don't produce.....much of anything as far as inovation.

1st sentence. This country releases known predators with a past history of conviction without a certification program that identifies who will or will not reoffend. Many of their victims will wind up dealing with psychological disorders that will halt their academic pursuits. Destroy their careers. Their family relationships. Social relationships. Etc.

Freedom of religion is extended to those who engage in the above behaviors as a matter of religion in Colorado City, Arizona.

But somehow this is not a violation of human rights.

This country accused Russia of invading Afghanistan when Russia twice ignored pleas for military assistance to the moderate Islamic ruling gov't in dealing with Islamic radicals back in the late 70's and early 80's. The CIA armed these radicals who eventually came to be led by Bin Laden, and then attacked us on September 11th. Many people will donate to the VA and the DAV, but don't even think of giving to those families in Russia who lost 14,000 soldiers to CIA bullets and weapons. Before September 11th, the US supported terrorism in Afghanistan.

Your last sentence. If by innovation you mean lying to the American public about Afghanistan on the MSM under the guise of freedom of press and then producing billboards with fancy looking Marines holding swords with big Napolean hats to recruit young men to support your lies then I think that innovation is probably a solely American problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: dilly83
a reply to: projectvxn As it stands today, if I am a medical marijuana patient my 2nd Amendment rights get taken away.

hows that work? too many laws to keep track of it all.

In Nevada they will not allow gun ownership, CCWs or anything firearms related if you're a marijuana patient because you're using a controlled schedule 1 substance. They have to abide by federal law.

Seems like the most reasonable thing to me. If people don't have any kids to set an example for let them use marijuana all they want. But they shouldn't have access to firearms. They can have a choice. Own guns or use marijuana

But yet getting drunk or even going to bar in Arizona with a ccl is OK! Wow

Drunks shouldn't own firearms either. Alcohol should be considered a Schedule 1 drug as well.

OK well at least your consistent.

You may feel more comfortable in a Muslim country.

You know despite the fact that I don't believe in Islamic extremism most Muslim nations have a lower crime rate and lower violent crime rate than Christian nations like the United States. The intentional homocide rate in Saudia Arabia is a quarter of what the United States is. And yet the US is supposed to be the most righteous dominant Christian nation with the highest GDP in the world.

Go figure...

Yeah well it helps when you don't consider much a crime. Amnesty and human rights watch would disagree.

Price you pay for being free.

Guess what else Muslim countries don't produce.....much of anything as far as inovation.

1st sentence. This country releases known predators with a past history of conviction without a certification program that identifies who will or will not reoffend. Many of their victims will wind up dealing with psychological disorders that will halt their academic pursuits. Destroy their careers. Their family relationships. Social relationships. Etc.

Freedom of religion is extended to those who engage in the above behaviors as a matter of religion in Colorado City, Arizona.

But somehow this is not a violation of human rights.

This country accused Russia of invading Afghanistan when Russia twice ignored pleas for military assistance to the moderate Islamic ruling gov't in dealing with Islamic radicals back in the late 70's and early 80's. The CIA armed these radicals who eventually came to be led by Bin Laden, and then attacked us on September 11th. Many people will donate to the VA and the DAV, but don't even think of giving to those families in Russia who lost 14,000 soldiers to CIA bullets and weapons. Before September 11th, the US supported terrorism in Afghanistan.

Your last sentence. If by innovation you mean lying to the American public about Afghanistan on the MSM under the guise of freedom of press and then producing billboards with fancy looking Marines holding swords with big Napolean hats to recruit young men to support your lies then I think that innovation is probably a solely American problem.

If you think Saudia Arabia is even close to a crime free place I have nothing left to say.

What technology, medicine, food, education do the produce.

Saudi Arabia will put you to death for changing religion, being an atheist, being gay, being married to another faith, whip women for being raped while not with a family member, whip women for driving cars, whip women for being in public unaccompanied, etc.

When the state actually does this it's a lot easier to not record crime stats.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Possibly, but I wouldnt go as far as to assume all/most or even half the people that smoke pot or do anything started out thinking about the risks. Normally, theyre a kid around 15 trying to fit in, troubled or whatever it may be. thats how it was for me and the people I know anyway.
edit on 15-4-2016 by feedmemore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: feedmemore
a reply to: Miracula2

Possibly, but I wouldnt go as far as to assume all/most or even half the people that smoke pot or do anything started out thinking about the risks. Normally, theyre a kid around 15 trying to fit in, troubled or whatever it may be. thats how it was for me and the people I know anyway.

Experimentation with it is normal as long as it doesn't become habitual. Avoiding it altogether is excellence. You know those kids who know exactly where they are going in life and excell in school and never feel the need to do it because they already fit in and are happy with their identity.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join