It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Lost $3 million to African Scammers Refuses to Believe He's been Scammed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Can't con an honest john

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

An honest person doesn't get scammed.

I agree to a point. Maybe add in an "intelligent" person.

Few years ago was talking to some "girl" online. Can't recall how it started. "she" was a model living in London. Sent me pics, was hot. Thats when the subway bombings took place. Said she was scared, wanted to leave. Said she was sending me a check to get her an apartment.

I actually kinda believed her at that point. Spidey senses were tingling though. So she sends me weird check and like the next day her mom has an emergency and I need to western union the money to Nigeria lol...

So it wasn't a get rich quick scheme for me. Just pulling on the heart strings. And no I did not send her the money. But I did deposit the check into the ATM and it registered the money on my available balance. Of course the check was no good and the money disappeared along with a fee lol...But I guess I could have pulled the cash out and sent it to "her" if she hadn't said Nigeria.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Well, He had intelligence enough to make $3M to toss away on this. Why would He do this? For even MORE $$$$$$..

I have ZERO sympathy for this guy. His own GREED got Him where He is and that isn't enough but because misery LOVES company He brings down His buddy too..

I can see them now: "Fred, once this $$$ gets here We won't have a worry in the world...Boat Drinks buddy..." I can also see the scammers talking w/this GREEDY brain donor on speaker phone, trying to make sure they can't hear them laughing at Him. "Yeah, I'll send You more $$$, but I've sent You $3M already... My $$ is coming isn't it?"

Scammer: Yep.

$3M not enough?

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I had an elderly client who lost his entire life savings to a bunch of Nigerian guys that pretended to be a woman online. In the end it added up to hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Nothing I said made any difference, even when I refunded his money and told him I'd stop working on his case, his kids tried telling him repeatedly too but he got so caught up in it that the possibility of him being suckered never entered his mind... even as the stories behind needing cash got more and more ridiculous and easy to disprove.

He was responsible to a great extent but it was an exceptionally cruel thing to do to a lonely old man.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I heard an interview with him this morning saying that he's too trusting and lonely.

Whats the bet someone will try to scam him again pretending to be a woman.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I heard an interview with him this morning saying that he's too trusting and lonely.

Why would We bet?? Then this brain donor would know We have some $$$ and start bugging Us for a loan... No Thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I was tempted years ago to do money laundering. A broker in Germany or Sweden would use my account to send money to the US. I would then empty my account and deposit the money into another while keeping a portion for myself. I didnt do it. I was dumb for about 1 day until I realized I would have to explain all this dirty money from Europe becoming cash in the US through my bank account. I would be depositing to bank accounts of terrorists or god knows who.

Its all BS. or its illegal.

LOL

edit on 4 7 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
$3M and he is lonely?

What's that saying, "Money can't buy you happiness"?

originally posted by: Chadwickus

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join