It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the Lack of Security? Make your own?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Have any of you ever considered to make a community filled with security checks?

Most of you are opposed to "Big Brother". but what about you people who fear for your safety, but at the same time wouldn't mind the security?

How about a town where the populace runs the security. All the check points, cameras etc... as an employee of the town? Built with basements that contain underground bunkers?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The problem with this is two-fold the way I see it, although I would love for people to start taking charge of their own welfare.

First of all, if you are talking about terrorists, it is unlikely a Jihad will be invoked upon your local convenience store or your personal home for that matter, and besides, that is what neighborhood watch groups are already there for.,

Second, being the eyes and ears for your local government or the feds still does not empower you to do anything about terrorism - you still have to just "trust the government" that they will take care of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't know how many terrorist attacks are getting through where you live, but all is safe here & secure here.

Maybe we can send some of our security your way.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think it is a good idea. Here is a question though: The system relies on checks and balances right? So certain people, or groups of people would check others, and so-on. Wouldn't a system such as that be vulnerable to sabbotage? Even though there are checks, there still needs to be an element of trust.

Having said that, it would be a vast improvement from what we have now which is nothing.

-P

new topics

top topics

join