It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Primaries -- April 5, 2016

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
I was thinking about the saturation of the airwaves with negative ads. Although, having voting machines rigged with big touch areas for Cruz and small areas for Trump is possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: MrSpad

"I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose any votes." That appeals to some. If that's how it goes down it'll be the worst spanking since an actor went against a peanut farmer.

The current guy droned a few thousand people in the streets of the middle east, blamed a video in Benghazi, and sure didn't lose any.

Obama? Is he on any ticket this year?

Yeah since GW is still on it.

YOU are the only one to bring up non-entities here, W included. You might want to think about that.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think it would work that way.

In many closed primary states Independents could not vote, so their votes have not even been counted yet. Going by past trends, I would think they would vote for Trump instead of Hillary.

The Sanders people do not like Hillary. If she is the choice, most will either vote for Trump, or not vote at all.

Republicans who voted for any of the others besides Trump will probably vote for him or not vote, because they won't vote for Hillary.

Trump supporters will vote for Trump.

The voters in the general election will be a much different ratio than you are seeing in the primaries.
edit on 4/5/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am gonna predict that.

New York,Indiana,Kentucky,California will go for CLinton. 860 delegates

Wyoming,Maryland,Connecticut,Rhode Island,Oregon will go for Sanders.

Which puts her over the top to get the nomination.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: xuenchen

Where are our Sanders suppoters...have they faded away so soon?

I thought they would last longer than three months!!

suffering from "Bern-Out".

Can't speak for others, of either party flavor, but I'm not interested in fapping to mocking & goading posts. But whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Please.

You can blame all your supporter friends for the "bern" meme. Just because I used it against you all doesn't mean you should get ouchy.

Go protest free speech or block a rally if you're angry.

I hate to disappoint you, but I was referring to your attitude, not the use of the meme. Petty & juvenile is just petty & juvenile, but you probably don't care with the echo chamber you got going on on the first page anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It was funny.

"Bern-Out".

Get it?

"Bern-Out".

hahahahahahahaha

link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
I was thinking about the saturation of the airwaves with negative ads. Although, having voting machines rigged with big touch areas for Cruz and small areas for Trump is possible.

Eh, the internet itself might have something to do with it, too. Plenty of info out there, and plenty of people just not settling for what an ad tells them anymore. Debates plus researching/fact-checking could have a bigger influence than you realize.

link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Agreed - that too.
The negative spin on ads and in the media, with Trump getting attacked from all sides, is outrageous. They are twisting things and driving people to hate him without intelligent reasoning.

Tonight there was an African American on a news show (don't remember his name), and he was blasting Trump, loudly and obnoxiously, calling him a racist. He has some kind of radio show where he is repeating this non-stop. Bill O'Reilly asked him repeatedly for one quote from Trump that showed he was racist. The guy evaded, and yelled over him - and could not come up with a single quote. And O'Reilly calmly told him that in all the years he has known Trump, he has never heard him say a single disparaging remark about a group based on race. O'Reilly tried to once again show that the racist label was falsely spread because Trump wanted to protect the country from illegal immigration and terrorism - having nothing to do with race.

The lies being spread by the media and others are infuriating.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I am gonna predict that.

New York,Indiana,Kentucky,California will go for CLinton. 860 delegates

Wyoming,Maryland,Connecticut,Rhode Island,Oregon will go for Sanders.

Which puts her over the top to get the nomination.

I am going to predict that California goes for Sanders and that Congress gets the spending plan of their dreams and that the federal government grows big, fat, and bloated.

Oh, and that the voters will never suspect that Bernie has always been the Establishment's choice and that this was the plan all along.

Everyone seems to forget that Hillary dragged Obama across the finish line, in 2008. She's a plant, just like Trump.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It was funny.

"Bern-Out".

Get it?

"Bern-Out".

hahahahahahahaha

Can I just be berned out on you?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I'll admit I don't like the guy, there are definitely some things that are true about him that don't make me like him, but lying is just dumb. Show something real to impact someone's views, don't spread misinformation to fit your agenda.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I think many people are uninformed. They repeat what they hear from FB memes, which are taken out of context and twisted, and they have no idea what they are spreading. Their entire opinion is based on negative ads.

We even see that repeatedly on these forums from people who should know better.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Clinton, Trump lead in California polls

On the Democratic side, the same poll showed Mrs. Clinton ahead of Sen. Bernard Sanders 53 percent to 39 percent.

I am going to predict that California goes for Sanders and that Congress gets the spending plan of their dreams and that the federal government grows big, fat, and bloated.

That's gonna happen regardless.

The only difference between Clinton and Sanders is that Sanders is out of the closet.
edit on 5-4-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Go ahead and yuck it up, your guy lost tonight. Somehow ungracious in both victory and defeat.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I think many people are uninformed. They repeat what they hear from FB memes, which are taken out of context and twisted, and they have no idea what they are spreading. Their entire opinion is based on negative ads.

We even see that repeatedly on these forums from people who should know better.

Ok, that has merit, too. It would probably be wise to compromise here & agree it's probably a little from column A and a little from column B, rather than either/or.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Clinton, Trump lead in California polls

That's gonna happen regardless.

The only difference between Clinton and Sanders is that Sanders is out of the closet.

Yes, I know what the polls say, right now. But Bernie has the 'momentum.' I think California is going to sway Bernie's way.

And Hillary has that nagging email scandal. What's unfortunate for her is curiously fortunate for Bernie. I don't think it's just a coincidence.

Besides Bernie's spending plan + tax hike dwarfs Hillary's. That establishment must absolutely love Bernie's plan.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: intrepid

Not to repeat what has been said many times... but:
Anyone with common sense realized that Trump was speaking in hyperbole. He was talking about how dedicated his supporters are.
Surely no one with common sense thought that he was saying he would actually shoot someone.

Don't forget, these are the same people that heard hillary say that "an unborn person has no rights" and are cool about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, I know what the polls say, right now. But Bernie has the 'momentum.' I think California is going to sway Bernie's way.

Doesn't matter.

There is no way Sanders can carry New York.

Clintons home state.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: DBCowboy

Go ahead and yuck it up, your guy lost tonight. Somehow ungracious in both victory and defeat.

I feel like I'm in elementary school here.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So happy to see Bernie win Wisconsin! I would LOVE to see Sanders vs Cruz. Easy win Sanders

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join