It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American dscream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
America America, the greatest benevolent nation to have ever existed.
Of all the world dominant powers in known history the "people" took up arms and killed, raped, stole.
America has NEVER done this, and when I say America I mean the people.
Yes there was civil war, yes some Americans give their body as weapons of war for the greed of politicians and bankers, but no, the people are benevolent.
I an Englishman grew up on American TV transmitted on British TV, and America was cool and all kids loved Americans, and hey I grew up, got wise, and still love em! and for the reason that they never changed.
America as a nation of people could have utterly buggered the world by now..but they haven't, instead they contribute billions to the worlds suffering.
How cool is that?
In England when we get taxed our money helps nobody; it goes into a bottomless pit so that we have to work more.
So, where am I going with this? well I want to talk to the people of America and I want to say to them; hey! what is going on over there?
I have been watching TV and I see Trump how is he a leader of such a great nation ? and I see Clinton and yeah she speaks for the people right? what is this madness!
Franklin D. Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington, I think the American people deserve leaders like that..if indeed they need to be led at all.
Perhaps I am ignorant or unrealistic, but the American people influence the world and how did that happen?
What is so special about them? I will tell you...they are a kind people.
All world governments today are separate from state and are corporate entities and don't have common man in concern, and I wonder if the American people can pull one more miracle out of their bag and set an example to the "people" of the world.

God Bless America

edit on 542016 by Qwerm because: edit of an edit

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qwerm

In England when we get taxed our money helps nobody; it goes into a bottomless pit so that we have to work more.

Is this a troll post?

Cause thats pretty much how ot works in the USA!

They work then get it taxed to use on war, pork barrel spending or just pissed away in champagne dreams and caviar schemes.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is this a troll post?

They work then get it taxed to use on war, pork barrel spending or just pissed away in champagne dreams and caviar schemes.

Giving USA: Americans Donated an Estimated $358.38 Billion to Charity in 2014; Highest Total in Report’s 60-year History

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is this a troll post?

Giving USA: Americans Donated an Estimated $358.38 Billion to Charity in 2014; Highest Total in Report’s 60-year History

The UK gives a similar amount once ajusted for population!

They have 250 million more people than us!

Plus nothing stops you from giving more.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Qwerm

I can smell something in the air.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Chemtrails?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Is it chicken? is it horse? No! Its bull#!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

America is not the benevolent nation you stated. At all. Not even a smidgen.

But you are correct in that we need to put our foot right in the middle of Uncle Sam's ass, and maybe add in a nice Tombstone Piledriver for good measure.

The problems are so multiple I can't even start, however. And they are intrinsic. Like our currency, and how it robs people of their earned capital through inflation. People don't really notice it, or bring it up. But its true. And its significant. Just think about what the value of a dollar was when you earned your first dollar. Compare that to now. Thats the difference. But because everyone else has had their value diminished, you don't really notice it.

On the other hand, the economy is merely a tool for humanity to use as a standard of trade while we continue to evolve "civilization".

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Burn it down- that's the only way to help.

the USA is run by central banks, just like everyone else. We are relatively new to the game, and avoided it until a century ago.

Yeah, a century.

Of course, in that century, our population is up some 350% (estimate), and the number of US dollars in circulation is up... well, I can't find a number on that in short notice. Because it's too much. The 'value' of 'gold' is up about 22,190%(estimate) based on the debt clock.
www.usdebtclock.org...
My favorite is bottom center, liability per taxpayer. Top center, of course, shows taxpayer to non payer ratios, and government income per tax payer averages- where about 30% of the US population (that includes me!) pays into this scam, which takes about 30-40% of every dollar earned away from those foolish enough to try and achieve in the land of the free.

I'd be curious to see the 'charity' donations you speak of, but I suspect 90+% of them come from corporations and the super-rich, often donating to charities they 'own' to avoid paying the tax rate most of us are stuck with.

All told, you're excited about the overall amount of 'money' donated, yet our government borrows some thirty times more money every year than it collects in taxes.

We're owned and operated by the same creeps who bought your homeland for pennies on the dollar three centuries back- we've just got the collective fist a little past wrist-deep in our poofter where you're getting it elbow deep by now.

top topics

join