It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland's prime minister resigns after the Panama leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is just breaking in Denmark, the first "victim" fall due to Panama leak, hope more will follow.

Sorry about the poor translation, danish to English comes out funny.

SOURCE Google translated

Iceland's Prime Minister Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson has announced that he step down from the post after the Panama revelations. This was stated by several international media outlets, including the BBC.
On Sunday evening, it emerged that the Icelandic prime minister had been connected to the law firm Mossack Fonseca. Thus He was alleged to have hidden money in a tax haven company.

edit on 5-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
This is just breaking in Denmark, the first "victim" fall's due to Panama leak, hope more will follow.

SOURCE Google translated

Iceland's Prime Minister Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson has announced that he step down from the post after the Panama revelations. This was stated by several international media outlets, including the BBC.
On Sunday evening, it emerged that the Icelandic prime minister had been connected to the law firm Mossack Fonseca. Thus He was alleged to have hidden money in a tax haven company.

Didn't he just bang up around 15 Bankers for fraud.?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Retiring, and laughing ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK
you bet your ass he's got money offshore!
edit on 5-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I had a feeling after the protests that he probably wouldn't push his luck. I just didn't expect him to fold so soon. That makes me wonder what else he's hidden that hasn't hit the news yet? As in, I wonder what he's trying to keep away from prying eyes until he vacates his position (and maybe country?)

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

This is just breaking in Denmark, the first "victim" fall's due to Panama leak, hope more will follow.

SOURCE Google translated

Ironic, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

SOURCE Google translated

Yup may end being his cell mates soon

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Flagged .
Two treads on the run, this one is in the correct Forum in my H O.
We are not quite in global meltdown although some wish we were.

top topics

join