It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious drawings? My journey out of hell: Eight-year-old migrant girl's marker pen drawings.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
Quite the political awareness for an 8 year old.

These people lived in a relatively safe country before the war.. They also had those things called TV.

My daughter is 8 and would shock you things she knows from watching TV and hearing adults talk..

This is true but I am pretty sure this kid is not going to come up with political cartoon like drawings using symbolism like a dove with an EU flag on it.

Like I said, that takes quite some political awareness and a substantial thought process, for an 8 year old.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
With my art-based educational background, there is no way she did these drawings by herself.

The composition is the most striking tell of the drawings. The composition is far too mature for a child's point of view of events. Everything is placed well and artfully arranged. Focal points are well done and actual correct use of perspective is evident in many of them.

The attention to detail also gives away that these pieces were not based on the whimsical abstract memories of a child. The flags in various pictures are properly rippling in the wind. Vehicles are more technically correct than they should be. The gun in the final picture is quite accurate.

My guess is that adults gave her pictures to literally trace over from with instruction on color usage and also added work when necessary.

I suspect the same of many Google Doodle's annual entries.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: Riffrafter

Joined 1st april authored 5 threads today - just click on the username in OP -

I know - thanks.

So where, or more pointedly - what - happened to the OP?

His/her threads are a little rough, but not inconsequential...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I doubt she drew it. Looks too good for a child and the content is too mature, but of course I could be wrong. Does anyone else not see the stats of the OP? Weird.

Very weird.

And telling...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Could that be sign of ban?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Could that be sign of ban?

Of course.

But why?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Someone earlier made mention that he had a bunch of posts removed for manners I believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorPatternfish

Most of those weren't drawn by a child in my opinion. They were too sophisticated in terms of composition, perspective (the city in what was designated as her memory of her homeland for example), use of color, blending of color and anatomy on some (although not all) of the figures. The knowledge was inconsistently applied, as if sometimes whoever was drawing it tried really hard to make it look like a child did it, and sometimes not so much. I do not believe that this girl drew most, if not all of those images.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Someone earlier made mention that he had a bunch of posts removed for manners I believe.

Manners?

LMAO!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They all look drawn by the same person, yet, there are different children holding up those pictures almost always drawn on the same type of college ring block except for one. Notice the swing and the red writing.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I got an IM from him saying he got banned after he posted the "Migrant Girl" OP.

Deleted it, dont remember the username

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Did she draw the pictures while the journalist was helping her? I love how she doesn't smear the marker ink but DOES have marker ink all over her hands. Even though these were drawn during her trip......Whatever!
edit on 4/11/2016 by Martin75 because: The Shed Rocks!!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

According to the OP, he was banned 10 seconds after he posted this thread.

Not sure of his timeline or the reason...

Something's afoot...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
Yeah he sent me an IM a couple days ago. I responded, but no response. Don't think he even saw it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join