It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Leadership tells Trump supporters to leave if they do not like the process

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
a reply to: MystikMushroom

i strongly disagree - the people that hate trump just will not vote... they will be the stay at home crowd. the people hating on trump are the younger generation - bernie supporters - who have never voted, and will not vote, especially if bernie is not the nom.

The people that hate Trump are the Democrats and Independents (in particular women, minorities and college educated) and they are galvanized to vote against him. The stay at homes are in the GOP where half are polling they will vote for Trump, 25% will stay home and 25% will vote Clinton. Among Sanders supporters 7% will go with Trump, 59% with Clinton and the rest will stay home. Trump is polling as the worst candidate since polling began. With him as the GOP nominee the GOP is looking at losing the White House, the Senate, the House and lots of state and local elections. They are looking at the GOP being gone from the national scene for 4 to 8 years. The GOP can not allow Trump to take the nomination or it will end the party because they will always have that stigma of Trump.

I should also note as to the op, yes the GOP would like to see Trumps supporters go. So long as they are around the rest of the Party painted by them and as most of America looks at them with disgust so the GOP is doomed. Those people leave and the GOP has a chance at the moderates and independents which will more than make up for Trumps followers leaving. However, the GOP did this to themselves.
edit on 5-4-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RomeByFire

Sometimes I don't think people hear the words they are saying. Then I realize they must because they say them all the time. So then I decide that they just don't know what the words they are saying mean.

Can you honestly blame those who vehemently support Trump?

He tells them EXACTLY what they want to hear, he's not a politician, he's against the establishment, he's an outsider, he gets things done, he's going to fix this, he's going to fix that, he's going to stop IS, reduce the deficit; it is all the same old political pandering "Hope and change," crap just a different diction used.

It is the epitomization of controlled opposition in my opinion... people are being conned and are loving every second of it.

The MSM is not very popular on ATS.... yet when MSM is referring to Trump as an "outsider," and someone who is "shaking D.C. up," I have to call bull.

How many times did MSM carry a Ron Paul speech regarding his anti-establishment views on say - abolishing the federal income tax and/or isolationist foreign policy? Not once... but Donnie is given more airtime than any other candidate. And I'm supposed to believe he's going to shake the establishment up?

Lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I think Trump wins Wisconsin tonight by 10 points.

People are starting to get something we knew long ago.

The "Game" is rigged. Trump is our big "suck it" to the system.

Your Vote means less than nothing.

The rules are ridiculous.

Trump isn't done yet....

Disclaimer: I suck at predictions.

That's... ironic.

So - the game is rigged, our votes mean nothing... right?

Why in the # would one then vote for and support that system?

Absolutely amazing.... "Our votes mean nothing, except for when it comes to voting for this guy! He's different, and this time - it'll be different when he's in office! But our votes don't mean anything. The game is rigged. But vote for this guy who will fix the system!"

Political pandering 101....

Might be pandering but you assume way too much.

I'm not voting for Trump. It was poor writing I guess.

My point (apparently not made) was your vote doesn't count.

In our Republic the Electoral College picks our President.

For the first time in my life I'm seeing "the College" exposed.

They have rigged the game with rules and delegates.

I see Trump as a protest vote...that grew legs.
edit on 5-4-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I just don't believe Trump is in it for anything more than to inflate his ego. There is no end game with Trump and this Presidential bid. He just wants the V so he can add another accomplishment to everything that is Donald Trump. He will say anything to get it too. Nothing is sacred. No one is safe. The only thing that matters is Trump and his power to sell you the idea that a terrible ego maniac would make a good President.

This is all based on a reading I made on him back in the 90's, before he ran for President, before he the Apprentice, and even before he tried running for President the first time. Donald Trump is 90% ego, 10% bad hair.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But he's no worse that Hill Dawg, Sanders, Cruz, or any other candidate the establishment is going run.

My vote is for the protest vote.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols
Actually, everything I just said there should be screaming "WAAAAAAY worse than the other candidates running". That's like voting out Lex Luther only to nominate the Joker for President.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I just don't believe Trump is in it for anything more than to inflate his ego. There is no end game with Trump and this Presidential bid. He just wants the V so he can add another accomplishment to everything that is Donald Trump. This is all based on a reading I made on him back in the 90's, before he ran for President, before he the Apprentice, and even before he tried running for President the first time. Donald Trump is 90% ego, 10% bad hair.

You're right. Step number one of Trump's 11 steps to success: Think Big.

Now I suppose we have to figure out why there is anything wrong with that, without sounding like we're completely envious.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You seriously can't believe Hill Dawg is better than Trump? You seriously can't believe Cruz is better than Trump?

The only thing that would put them over Trump is the fact they have an establishment willing to go to bat for them to smooth over their mistakes.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

But he's no worse that Hill Dawg, Sanders, Cruz, or any other candidate the establishment is going run.

My vote is for the protest vote.

If it was really a protest vote, you'd vote for the Green Party or the Libertarian Party.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Soo? the therapist's opinion is gospel? All these diagnoses stem from the human condition, and bull s h I t. You got a better idea? Mr. My perspective is always better than anyone else regardless? Keep Calm and crucify the State.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Or you've completely misread him and he's just a huge narcissist and egomaniac.

Oh hey. Look at this:
Therapists Confirm Trump's Narcissistic Personality Disorder

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Why is that? What makes those parties the "protest vote"?

While those parties have a few things I agree with, I disagree with a majority of their platform.

As it currently stands I like what Trump is selling. The GOP is even selling a line about following the rules. I don't see how voting for the guy who is running as an R while the R's are waging an open war against him ISN'T a protest vote.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

If they psychologically evaluated all the candidates I'm pretty sure the results would be pretty close to the same for all of them.
edit on 5-4-2016 by gpols because: grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see TONS of NRA stickers, and all kinds of nonsensical, silly, childish, immature "RAMBO CHRIST 4 'MERICA!" type stickers around town bro. Way, way more than atheist, liberal, or those annoying "Coexist" ones.

Conservatives love to push people's buttons. I mean...don't you? Stickers are a great way to piss other people off.

Here's the thing -- of COURSE I'm going to see more. Our state is red. The majority of folks here are super conservative. The odds of me sitting at a light behind someone with a conservative sticker is statistically higher.

And, I suppose, the odds of finding a Bernie sticker in a school parking lot (where a lot of women park their cars) make sense. Bernie is polling better with younger, white women -- just the kind of drivers who would be parked at a school.

My car used to have a bumper sticker that got me all kinds of attention. It read, "Please forgive me; I was raised by wolves". I never really understood why. It was on the car when I got it. I had people pull up, point and wave many times.

Ha! I found the exact sticker. Am I missing something? I don't get why so many people liked it:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well the Democrats openly support minority racist hate and supremacy groups and you all are fine with that. Stop pretending you actually oppose hate.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hillary is Satan. Berni is filler. Cruz is trash. What about the REAL issue!? Everyone is making death threats back and fourth and this and that. I know the future is important. But who's keeping an eye on ol antichrist himself Obama? Why has no one skinned this traitor for his partnership with Isis? This election shet is getting in the way. Maybe everyone should forget there is an election until the day before. Where is the justice!?!?!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If they psychologically evaluated all the candidates I'm pretty sure the results would be pretty close to the same for all of them.

Psychologically diagnosing someone without clinical evaluation is pseudo-psychology, and worse, unethical.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see TONS of NRA stickers, and all kinds of nonsensical, silly, childish, immature "RAMBO CHRIST 4 'MERICA!" type stickers around town bro. Way, way more than atheist, liberal, or those annoying "Coexist" ones.

Conservatives love to push people's buttons. I mean...don't you? Stickers are a great way to piss other people off.

Here's the thing -- of COURSE I'm going to see more. Our state is red. The majority of folks here are super conservative. The odds of me sitting at a light behind someone with a conservative sticker is statistically higher.

And, I suppose, the odds of finding a Bernie sticker in a school parking lot (where a lot of women park their cars) make sense. Bernie is polling better with younger, white women -- just the kind of drivers who would be parked at a school.

My car used to have a bumper sticker that got me all kinds of attention. It read, "Please forgive me; I was raised by wolves". I never really understood why. It was on the car when I got it. I had people pull up, point and wave many times.

Ha! I found the exact sticker. Am I missing something? I don't get why so many people liked it:

Really? It's a nice way of saying " Leave me alone I'm not a p u s s y like you" lol

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PharoahSpiderMan
Hillary is Satan. Berni is filler. Cruz is trash. What about the REAL issue!? Everyone is making death threats back and fourth and this and that. I know the future is important. But who's keeping an eye on ol antichrist himself Obama? Why has no one skinned this traitor for his partnership with Isis? This election shet is getting in the way. Maybe everyone should forget there is an election until the day before. Where is the justice!?!?!

That rant should convince those on the fence to join the conservative cause....

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

You seriously can't believe Hill Dawg is better than Trump? You seriously can't believe Cruz is better than Trump?

Hillary is just more of Obama. As it stands, I've seen worse. As for Cruz, I'm not happy about him either, but I'm reasonably sure he doesn't have a shot at being elected either.

The only thing that would put them over Trump is the fact they have an establishment willing to go to bat for them to smooth over their mistakes.

Lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PharoahSpiderMan

Certainly more credible than YOUR opinion, and apparently you didn't read that article because it was talking about a good many therapists agreeing with that opinion.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join