It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Leadership tells Trump supporters to leave if they do not like the process

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I wasn't denying your reality. I was pointing out it's not the only.

Hillary has made a name for herself in Upstate NY. A client of mine had her over a year ago and the town was crazy for Hillary until the news about Benghazi. Now she's just maintained fans in the "I know that name" department, that's all.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The thing? Of all the Bernie supporters I know -- maybe 5% or less have any stickers on their cars. Most people I know don't badge up their ride with tacky political messages. Even the few folks I know that are NEVER political but attended the recent caucus don't have stickers on their cars or signs in their yards.

You don't have drape with swag to support a candidate...it almost seems tacky and juvenile. Who are you convincing with a bumper sticker anyway?

The only bumper sticker I think is worthwhile is the one saying my zombie family will eat your stick family.

I hate those stupid stick family stickers. Well, I take that back. They're helpful if I pull up to a restaurant and see a few minivans with them. I'll "nope the hell out" and find another establishment to eat. I like eating a dinner I'm paying for in peace and quiet, without a someone's litter of children running amok and screaming. So, I guess they're helpful in that regard.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
From outside the country all you people look unbelievably stupid......
Really.....................

Yeah, well we at least know how to use hip icons and not the lame **** you used.

edit on 5-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't see it as anywhere near as dire as you, but I will say the GOP will self immolate if they decide to violate the will of their voters and refuse to nominate the People's choice.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
the demograph voting for hillary is older white women, and minorities.
the younger women seem to be buying into bernie.
"In the United States in 2014 only 17.1 percent of 18-to-24-year-olds voted, compared with 59.4 percent of those 65 and older. Voting and registration by age in United States: 2014.
In many elections, women vote at higher rates than men"
thedataweb.rm.census.gov...

so she gets the baby boomer/woman votes, bernie gets the millenial vote, and trump is getting the white middle aged male vote
edit on 5-4-2016 by nobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

LOL I know -- I just want people to realize that their own realities are...well, their own.

We all live in bubbles, even if we don't want to. It's easy to see what we want and unintentionally miss things we don't like.

I made the example of Hillary supporters -- where are they?! I can't find em' ... It probably has to do with the fact I don't personally get along with the TYPE of people that would support Hillary.

On top of that, in the workplace (at least where I work) politics is a taboo subject. You don't talk politics or who you like.

So for me -- my "MystikMushroom Land" (sounds like a fun amusement park ride, eh?) -- they simply don't exist!

The reality though ... they're out there...lurking and scampering around. If I had hung out at the Democrat's caucus I might have spied a few.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I've always been a bigger fan of a benign monarchy myself, but as I've grown I've started to see how that also reduces personal responsibility. The people in power stink so far, and we suffer it, but it's on them ultimately in the end, in my worldview. Even Hillary said in an interview with Rachel Maddow that she thinks the two party system is important. Makes me wonder if she isn't getting conservative votes, too, though.
edit on 4/5/2016 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Charles Koch Is Privately Committed To Getting Paul Ryan Nominated In Cleveland: Source

Trump may be done.

...Cruz too.

They might offer him the vice precedency and just go ahead and pick Ryan....the young " freash" face boy with Koch sitting behind him.

Take it or leave it...to Cruz

and Trump can take a hike

Charles Koch is confident House Speaker Paul Ryan could emerge from the Republican National Convention as the party’s nominee if Donald Trump comes up at least 100 delegates shy, he has told friends privately. Koch believes Ryan would be a “shoo-in” at a contested convention, should the campaign get to that point

Would this placate the Trump people?
edit on 5-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Drive through a local school's teacher parking lot today. You'll see a metric buttload of Bernie stickers.

That actually would make a damned interesting study... what professions are the most self-whoring of their interests and sentiments via bumper stickers? Public school teachers have got to be near the top of that list, although folks connected with the oil & mining industry sure did whore out their bumpers for the SB 21 recall and Pebble Mine a couple of years back...

Not seeing any Cruz stickers, though. Odd considering he won the primary here.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Would this placate the Trump people?

No

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
you wont be able to find any hillary supporters unless you frequent a bingo hall. or if you are in a grocery store between 8 am and 10 am during the work week. or an old folks home. the last time i voted in 2012, there was nobody in line without white hair. thats the big difference this election. its all due to trump - he is bringing out the crowds, he is making people engaged in the political process.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't see it as anywhere near as dire as you, but I will say the GOP will self immolate if they decide to violate the will of their voters and refuse to nominate the People's choice.

Which they've all but promised to do.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A lot of them are at home, listening to Hillary after Oprah. :p. That's why you don't see them except at grocery stores.

The only thing I hear is, "We could have a woman president! History in the making!"

Oh well.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well...what are you going to actually do about it?

Trump is sinking like a lead balloon

Trump campaign in disarray

www.politico.com...

Morale sinks as key battleground state staff laid off, including senior data operative

The sharks see blood in the water

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
or is this to drum up 'more' support for Trump to incite more to want to go against the establishment...then, the establishment gives in and there is a larger base to come out to vote.

There is a large group of people that I know who support Trump that come from all political sides as well as some who have never voted and feel compelled. A lot. Some of them were strong Bush supporters who are going to vote for who for the GOP puts up. I know life long democrats who feel the do not want what the DNC is putting up either. They do not want more taxes or hate Hillary. Most of them like Bernie but have said if he gets the shaft their vote will be against Hillary.

Asking if you would vote for someone is not the same as liking them. You do not have to like them to vote for them. It may be based on policy only. It is our choice but really now, is it?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Morale sinks as key battleground state staff laid off, including senior data operative

I'm not going to unfurl my "I told you so " banner just yet, but....
Trump could have been a Clinton Trojan horse, just like many predicted.

Politics is ultimately a game of perception; not reality....

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Until Trump realizes that media and statistics shouldn't dictate his moves, we can't do very much. He is playing chess against two Grand Masters at once, and he's an amateur. He needs to stop reacting and get his initiative back: Go back to his passions and issues and answer those minor things people want to hang him on with small moves and not be conned into making a foul move.

His pawn structure is messed up. He needs to redevelop his plan and force tactics instead of trying tactics. He's a negotiator, that's what he does, now he needs to use that instead of trying to master everyone else's game.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus cautioned supporters of Donald Trump who vocally disapprove of the GOP's delegate allocation and selection process. "By the way, this is a nomination for the Republican Party," Priebus told 620 WTMJ in Wisconsin. "If you don't like the party, then sit down. The party is choosing a nominee."

The Party...not us, the people. Although we can all talk about it, we all can try to understand or even disagree in the past, it seems, the curtain is finally pulled back and they are simply pissing on the US voter.

I think you are misinterpreting what Priebus said. A lot of primary voters don't think of themselves as Republicans (or Democrats.) They think that the voters choose the nominees directly, which is not true. As a private organization the parties have essentially invited voter participation in the nomination process, and yes, they actually use the results to award delegates. So "the people" do have a say. But "the people," by and large, do not get to demand exactly how the process works. They don't set the rules. If anyone WANTS to participate at that level, they need to actually join the party of their choice and participate in the inner workings of the party through volunteering, committee membership, etc.

Think of the caucus states, for example. Do "the people" get to choose in that case? Nope. Only those who actually participate in the caucuses get to choose, and this process varies not only by state, but by county. That's why better organized candidates, such as Ron Paul or Bernie Sanders, do so well in caucus states. It's not that the majority of "the people" support them, it's that their supporters are energized and participate in the process. They don't win because they are the majority; they win because they are loudest.

In fact, you could make the case that holding a primary is a completely improper way for a party to choose its nominee. They are in effect using public tax dollars to hold a private election. At the very least the parties ought to pay the entire cost of a primary elections. That won't happen, of course. Primaries are too entrenched.

So what Priebus said is perfectly appropriate in the context he said it. You guys who are getting all bent out of shape about it simply don't get it.
edit on 4/5/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: Willtell

Until Trump realizes that media and statistics shouldn't dictate his moves, we can't do very much. He is playing chess against two Grand Masters at once, and he's an amateur. He needs to stop reacting and get his initiative back: Go back to his passions and issues and answer those minor things people want to hang him on with small moves and not be conned into making a foul move.

His pawn structure is messed up. He needs to redevelop his plan and force tactics instead of trying tactics. He's a negotiator, that's what he does, now he needs to use that instead of trying to master everyone else's game.

Very good suggestions If Trump was ever a really serious candidate. imo, he chumped out a lot of very well intentioned people and played them for fools.

His extreme buffoonery was imo a clue as to his ultimate goal. Trump isn't stupid and knew exactly what he was doing; tearing the GOP apart.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.politico.com...

I'm not going to unfurl my "I told you so " banner just yet, but....
Trump could have been a Clinton Trojan horse, just like many predicted.

Politics is ultimately a game of perception; not reality....

You better hurry up.

I’m real soon kicking out my “I told you so”

If the Clinton scenario is true then Trump’s operation is almost done.

He goes and loses in the convention and they have a conniption fit in Cleveland and Cruz gets it and Hillary will clobber that ignorant hick...as the Trump voters stay home.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join