It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Leadership tells Trump supporters to leave if they do not like the process

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Link

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus cautioned supporters of Donald Trump who vocally disapprove of the GOP's delegate allocation and selection process. "By the way, this is a nomination for the Republican Party," Priebus told 620 WTMJ in Wisconsin. "If you don't like the party, then sit down. The party is choosing a nominee."

The Party...not us, the people. Although we can all talk about it, we all can try to understand or even disagree in the past, it seems, the curtain is finally pulled back and they are simply pissing on the US voter.

Are we, the people who support the GOP or DNC not the ones who make up the party? The polling...the primaries...the votes. So we see, when someone stands up the rules are thrown out. I cannot think of a time where a political party moved so hard to knock out not only a candidate but the front runner.

When a candidate, such as Trump, complains about the process he is told that it is 'politics'....do you still think he is an 'insider'? When I watch him, I see the same types that you see on here. Smart..intelligent...versed in what is really going on and not learning foreign policy from Facebook memes. You know the truth and the GOP is not scared of losing what it has. It is scared of trying to control us, the populace when this is over.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The GOP is a private organization with every right to nominate its Presidential candidates any damn way it pleases. What's the problem exactly? Don't like it? Well that's what independent runs are for.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Politicians are the new ruling class.

Our "representative republic" has mutated into a two-tiered system.

We are not citizens, we are subjects.

Best just to obey and not rock the boat. Don't want to have the IRS or any other government agency sent to you.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I smell fear! For once, I'm enjoying the whiff of what's coming out of all of these candidates. They know the people have had enough. They see the people getting wise to their antics and they're not helping matters by showing their true colors when right now, they should be staying damn quiet in hopes of it blowing over. Instead, they're showing themselves exactly for how the people see them. Snakes! Liers! Thieves!

I see Trump as the fire that people are fighting fire with.

Sure... he's worthless. At least he doesn't try to hide it. I rather vote for a worthless POS that admits it and tells me the truth than a worthless POS who lies about it and tells me he's something he's not.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

People who join a party are part of the party. If the host of the party decides no one has a choice in the music, then the party goers will crash the party and show up to the new ring leader's party pad wherein he will play the music the party wanted.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The GOP is a private organization with every right to nominate its Presidential candidates any damn way it pleases. What's the problem exactly? Don't like it? Well that's what independent runs are for.

Not exactly. The parties operate similarly to nonprofits and, as such, their board of directors is required to abide by the organizational bylaws in all matters. If they opt to change something in those bylaws, it requires an open vote following parliamentary procedure and the participation (votes) of all members... in this case, each state's delegation to the RNC. It's likely, though I cannot say for sure, that the bylaws also stipulate *when* the bylaw revision votes may be held.

These statements from the RNC that they're going to wing it and change rules as they go will see them in court and they may well find that the courts issue an injunction to block them from violating the existing bylaws. This is particularly likely in the case of anyone other than Trump or Cruz getting the nomination, as RNC bylaws absolutely require the nominee to have won at least 8 states' primary contests. Regardless of how many times Priebus and Romney claim that's not a bylaw, it is absolutely written into the bylaws and MUST be followed until such time as it has been voted out.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

he should have said go vote for Hillary or Bernie. That is what I will do if the Republican party does not choose Cruise or Trump.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The self-destruction of the GOP is entertaining to watch.

What they are doing is damn near guaranteeing the Dems win the White House.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Trump will never get the nomination.

If the convention is brokered, he and his supporters might hold out for a while -- but eventually the elites will begin to offer enough in bribes and deals to steal enough delegates away from Trump.

Trump isn't a politician, he's supposed to be the one BUYING the politicians. His buddies, the ones behind the scenes trading favors and exchanging money for politics? They're probably like:

"Okay, Trump -- come back over here with us. We don't muck around in the kiddy pool of politics. Those guys? The Senate and White House? Don't you remember? They're puppets. We're the puppet masters. Time to stop pretending to be a puppet Mr. Trump, come back over here and actually influence politics..."

Trump may have a lot of money, and he may know a lot of people -- but not to the extent the politically savvy and long-time heavy hitters and players behind the GOP. The companies that fund and lobby through the GOP are 100's of times more wealthy and powerful than Trump (think NRA, Boeing ect) -- they don't want Trump, they're not paying to have Trump.

So? The GOP won't get Trump.

"But maybe he'll run as an independent! He'll show everyone! He's so super-duper tough! He'll show that GOP party who's boss!"

Riiiiight. And hand an even easier victory to whoever the Democrats prop up.

Look, The Democrats already have the electoral collage on lock down. The election is already decided. The GOP can either make an even bigger mockery, spectacle and show out of things -- or they can at least pretend to try.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why don't we make him leave?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So who controls the GOP?

It's the Corporate elite, bankers, pentagon, armament manufactures, big pharma, Monsanto, WalMart, and neocons, etc.

www.presstv.com...

To the real heavy weights in control, Trump is a big loud mouth pussy and his followers will eventually fall in line with the "conservative" "leader" they chose.

and they will lose to the Democrats who are controlled by the entities mentioned above. How did you miss the pattern established many years ago???

Work, consume, watch your sports, and STFU

So protest....They have areas established where your protests can be watched and recorded by the cops and if you get unruly, they can beat the livin **** out of you and you can't do anything about it.

We are not citizens, we are subjects.

Quite right DBCowboy....subjects of the Oligarchy we created.

But Trump will save us and lead us to the promised land.....

edit on 5-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The self-destruction of the GOP is entertaining to watch.

What they are doing is damn near guaranteeing the Dems win the White House.

I know, right?

It's like watching a Baptist church splinter apart -- everyone starting their own little churches that are "more hardcore and fundamental!"

Everyone is trying to out-conservative one another, everyone is trying to be some kind of "ideal Republican" (whatever the hell that is).

What is and isn't a "Republican" is kind of the problem. The GOP has a huge identity problem. You've got KKK members, Libertarians, Tea Party, Reagan Republicans, fiscal conservatives that are social liberal, Log Cabin Republicans...

It's fractured to all hell. Everyone is taking their own balls home because they don't want to compromise.

Hm, sounds like they all have mini-John Galt complexes. Or wait, is that Eric Cartman?

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

It's a VERY conservative personality trait. The "my way or highway" mentality. The "rugged individual getting my way" keeps people from working together.

We're seeing hard-line conservative ideals as they actually play out in real life. No one working together, everyone doing their own little thing....

And everything imploding and falling apart.

It's not a human weakness to cooperate.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
they've discovered a way to put someone in the presidency without any of us voting for them if I am reading this right!

And if that fails, a group of Republicans are readying a nuclear option: running a third-party alternative in just a handful of critical swing states in order to block both Trump and likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton from gaining the necessary 270 electoral votes required to claim the White House.

In such instances, according to the 12th Amendment to the Constitution, the choosing of the next president would then fall to the House of Representatives. In the House, each state casts one vote, and considering the current Republican majority in that chamber, would give the election to this newly created third-party ticket.

www.thedailybeast.com...

they want a third party candidate, they want the vote so split that it will rest in the house, where they can vote for whoever they wish...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
if trump does not get the nomination, then he will run independent, and steal votes from the GOP.. thus putting the democratic nominee in the drivers seat. they know this... millions of people who didnt vote in the primaries in 2012 have come out to vote. many democrats and independents ( like myself ) are either switching, or voting for trump. they will lose those votes to the "stay home" voters who choose not to vote.
if trump gets the nod, he will beat hillary
if he doesnt, then hillary will win because trump will run independent and the GOP nominee will get like 12% of the vote
if hillary is indicted, or bernie wins the nod, and trump wins the nod, democrats will win

basically... the GOP has no chance in winning at all if trump is not involved. they are scared of this...
the chance of trump winning it all is small, but is variable...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That probably won't work.

The Democrats start off the race with over 236 electoral votes in the bag for them.

This is why the race is over before it even begins. There's no way in hell the GOP can catch up to the lead the Democrats have before people even show up to vote.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Trump is bringing in new registrants to the Republican party, and for the first time people are actually enthused. The RNC has shown their true colors. Instead of taking advantage of the opportunity and embracing it, they are stomping all over Americans.

After I vote for Trump in the primary, if they push Trump out, I am changing to Independent. And I will never vote for a Republican or a Democrat again.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hillary will get the white house if they disrespect their people like this. Republicans are done.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

If Trump gets the nomination, more people than ever will come out to vote AGAINST him than we've ever seen in American history, I guarantee you. People that NEVER vote will get off their ass to vote against him.

This is why the GOP is trying to ditch Trump. They want to actually look like they're trying to win.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

i strongly disagree - the people that hate trump just will not vote... they will be the stay at home crowd. the people hating on trump are the younger generation - bernie supporters - who have never voted, and will not vote, especially if bernie is not the nom.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

If Trump gets the nomination, more people than ever will come out to vote AGAINST him than we've ever seen in American history, I guarantee you. People that NEVER vote will get off their ass to vote against him.

This is why the GOP is trying to ditch Trump. They want to actually look like they're trying to win.

I was planning to vote Libertarian again but if Trump get's the nomination...I'll vote for Hillary. Not that it makes any difference...But I just hate Trumps arrogant, privileged, little rich boy, guts; more than I hate Hillary's guts.
edit on 5-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And I strongly disagree with you. My reality is more real than your reality. In my little reality I count more people that vote against Trump.
edit on 5-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join