It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Vestiges of Big Bang Waves Are Reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As theorized in the 1960's, researchers have observed "ripples" in the universe that represent continuing effects of the Big Bang. The premise is surmised by the formation of galaxies along these "ripples" because of the presence of conglomerated matter and the resulting "extra" gravity.

www.nytimes.com
AN DIEGO, Jan. 11 - Astronomers reported on Tuesday that they had convincingly seen, in the patterns of galaxies scattered across the night sky, the vestiges of sound waves that rumbled through the universe after the Big Bang.

Stars and galaxies tended to form along the ripples of the sound waves where matter was slightly denser, and the pull of gravity was slightly stronger. The ripples preserve a picture of the universe when it was only about one million years old and fit well with astronomers' ideas of how the universe, which started smooth and uniform, became lumpy with stars, gas clouds and other celestial objects.

Two teams of researchers analyzing the locations of thousands of galaxies from two sections of the sky reported similar findings on the sound waves at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society here.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This looks to be definitive proof of an expanding universe and points to the plausible occurance of a Big Bang. This, of course, leads to further questions such as what are we expanding from and what are we expanding into? Very interesting as well is the existence of sound in the beginning of the universe...I'm not sure but that would indicate a vacuum was not always the case....could anyone help with that?

Related News Links:
www.space.comscienceastronomy
wwwchron.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
New Evidence May Support Big Bang Theory

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nice work memoryshock.

...Now I'm waiting for verification of the contraction, or as my translation of the I Ching reads, "The inhalation following the exhalation."

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks. Maybe the contraction will take place when we have enough black holes sucking everything back....or when the expansion hits the proverbial brick wall. I'm interested in finding out what exactly the universe is expanding into...perplexes me

[edit on 12-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

new topics

join