It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Annee

if they didn't have the LGBT and abortion to blame for their future soon to be Sodom and Gomorrah type thing, it would be something else... probably women's rights in general... but they will always find something they want to "improve" society by getting rid of and they will always to to improve it by threatening the wrath of god if it's not done...

You're speaking to an atheist.

Agree, and I need no convincing

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

i swear, if we'g go back to just issuing ass whoopings people would be nicer to each other.

LOL

Honestly, the only thing I miss from the 50s is people were, for the most part, nicer and more respectful of each other. (But, not so much toward those who were "different" - including physical disabilities)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

don't forget the people with the mental disabilities, I think they had it the worst. it was like they were the scapegoat of the legal system or something. if they didn't really want to spend the time on the case to find out who really did it, or well, knew who did it and wanted to protect them, well, the crazy, deaf, or dumb guy was just as good of a scapegoat as the black man was.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Assuming they've found substantial MRI evidence in support of both MTF/FTM(they only can postmortem ATM), I'm curious to if parents of the Right would cave first on LGBT or Abortion? Assuming they could tell before it was born? I thought this would be a good place to ask with 60 stars claiming then don't want men in the women's restroom.

Second question, it's no secret you only hate the MTFs. What are the implications if it's eventually able to accurately be tied to the brain? You understand this means the FTM have "male brains" and are in the women's restroom?

Third question, can anyone give me rape statitisitcs for transgenders that are committing rape? I only can find single cases that seem highly spun one direction. What I did find was 12% report being sexually assaulted K-12 at school, 10% report to be sexually assaulted by their own doctors, 22% in homeless shelters, 15% in jail, 43% by police officers(wtf?), while LGBT makes up 17% of all hate crime(trans 10%), and 50% of all hate crime leading to death against LGBT. It notes "frequent genital mutilation" afterward.

Fourth question, referring point one, is rape objectively different if it's "a female in a males body"? Assuming that's traumatic enough, my question is should it been seen as a female being raped or a male?

Fith question, the brain has been found to be highly elastic, and shown that with hormones, the chemistry changes, to mediums we only vaguely described male and female, assuming point one is true, would this change your perspective of who should take them? Or be allowed to take them rather?

Last question, can't we all just get along? It'd be nice if I could objectively use any bathroom without constantly being considered a rapist, even though statisitcally it's the opposite, I've only had sex with 3 female partner in my life, and two of them were only twice. You have no idea how sexually uninteresting it is to "be in the wrong body" until you're "fixed"...the least you could do is stop raping us and being extra-hypocritical about it...
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

don't forget the people with the mental disabilities, I think they had it the worst. it was like they were the scapegoat of the legal system or something. if they didn't really want to spend the time on the case to find out who really did it, or well, knew who did it and wanted to protect them, well, the crazy, deaf, or dumb guy was just as good of a scapegoat as the black man was.

Oh yeah, I would not want to go back to that time.

I much prefer the openness of today.

I remember the first legal fight by atheists to get prayer out of public schools.

I was on the other side at the time, but they were right.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That's what happens when one's mind stays so closed, there's no room for a unity mindset. I love the unisex bathroom concept: everyone gets their basic needs met... to 'go' in peace and in privacy!
GO PayPal!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

My answer is we don't need another Dr. Josef Mengele.

It's bad enough parents forcing kids into conversion therapy, we don't need panicky parents-to-be screening their embryos for sexual diversity.

We should just accept sexual/gender fluidity.

The "pot gets stirred". Even if all the ingredients are the same - it's always gonna be a little bit different.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: phxflamer
That's what happens when one's mind stays so closed, there's no room for a unity mindset. I love the unisex bathroom concept: everyone gets their basic needs met... to 'go' in peace and in privacy!
GO PayPal!

The thing is, predators look for isolation.

There's probably been more molestations in elevators then well lit public restrooms.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My doctor in response to me having kids:

It requires advent conditions, however brain development and hormones are very genetic, it's shown in indetical twins that both cases are highly likely to be transgender, if one is.

NO THANKS, CUT IT OFF. I'd never have kids, with this SMALL chance to make someone feel like me.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

My doctor in response to me having kids:

It requires advent conditions, however brain development and hormones are very genetic, it's shown in indetical twins that both cases are highly likely to be transgender, if one is.

NO THANKS, CUT IT OFF. I'd never have kids, with this SMALL chance to make someone feel like me.

Many people with genetic conditions choose not to have biological kids.

While I do support testing for certain genetic conditions, I think the complexity of sexuality/gender rules it out.

And I think any testing for anything in that area is a long, long, long way off.

Paranoia can make people do really crazy things.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

She attributes it largely to pre-mature labor for MTF and post-term labor for FTM, but says it's not required.

It makes sense in my case though, my mom went into labor at 5 months. Seems like that makes sense why I see so many more MTF too as post-mature is less likely, and why we have more of both in the USA because our medical technology "leaves no baby behind".

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Some additional considerations and reading:

Gendered Restrooms and Minority Stress: The Public Regulation of Gender and its Impact on Transgender People’s Lives

• 27 percent of those who worked in Washington, DC, experienced problems using restrooms at work that, in some cases, caused them to change jobs or leave their employer entirely.

• 54 percent of all respondents reported having some sort of physical problem from trying to avoid using public restrooms, such as dehydration, kidney infections, and urinary tract infections.

• 58 percent reported that they have avoided going out in public due to a lack of safe public restroom facilities.

• 10 percent of survey respondents who attended school in Washington, DC, reported a negative impact on their education, including having excessive absences and dropping out of school due to issues related to restroom access.

Trans Teen: Suicide Rates Rise When Bathroom Access Is Restricted

But there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that “bathroom bills” are necessary to protect the privacy or safety of non-transgender students. There are zero reported instances of transgender people harassing or assaulting non-transgender people in restrooms. Attacking someone in a bathroom is already illegal and punishable without any additional legislation,

Even though the myths surrounding the transgender bathroom debate are easily debunked, local television stations tend to lend them credence by not inviting guests who will criticize them.

Meanwhile, back in the realm of facts, there are clear indications that “bathroom bills” would physically harm transgender youth and potentially put their lives at risk.

How the simple act of peeing became political in the United States

“I’m very concerned for all of the trans people, especially trans kids, in North Carolina who are now going to be worried about being arrested or punished for simply using the restroom that matches the gender they live as every day,” said Mara Keisling, head of the National Center for Transgender Equality.

“Essentially, this bill would make it illegal to be trans.” The basic physiological need to use a bathroom is now a political battleground in many US states.

GOP Wants Men to Use Women’s Bathrooms

The North Carolina law does not take self-presentation or appearance into account. According to the text, public bathroom use in the state is now determined exclusively by “the physical condition of being male or female, which is stated on a person’s birth certificate.”

No matter what it says on someone’s birth certificate, transgender men are, in fact, men as major medical associations and health care professionals can affirm. They are men whether or not they have beards, like the men pictured above, and whether or not they have had surgery.

But the spotty laws around birth certificates and government identification for transgender people will create ridiculous scenarios in which many men fail to meet North Carolina’s new standard for male bathroom use, even if they have surgically transitioned.

Estimates of Transgender Populations in States with Legislation Impacting Transgender People

Nearly 300,000 transgender youth and adults may be negatively impacted by legislation introduced in 15 states. This report estimates the number of transgender people ages 13 and older in each of those states, including Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. These bills would limit access to single-sex restrooms and locker rooms at schools and in public places; limit protections based on gender identity; permit individuals and businesses to discriminate against transgender people based on religious and moral beliefs; and limit the ability to change certain vital records documents, such as birth certificates, or enforce the use of birth certificates to establish an individual’s sex for certain purposes.

We can do this all day if you want?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

She attributes it largely to pre-mature labor for MTF and post-term labor for FTM, but says it's not required.

It makes sense in my case though, my mom went into labor at 5 months. Seems like that makes sense why I see so many more MTF too as post-mature is less likely, and why we have more of both in the USA because our medical technology "leaves no baby behind".

I'd say you need to find another doctor.

Does this doctor specialize in transgender?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

She's WPATH, and one of the more famous.

But it doesn't really matter, because she only writes my drugs.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

She's WPATH, and one of the more famous.

But it doesn't really matter, because she only writes my drugs.

Well take care of yourself.

I'm sure no expert.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Her "fame" is tied to writing scripts and nothing else. Not sure what you're referencing, I'm no expert either.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something but how significant is the trannie population that this is actually an issue? The U.S. has become bizarro world. Down is up and up is down.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of women don't want biological males in the same bathroom.

I've always found it odd that some make mention of the fact that women would find this
appalling, yet always seem to deny the fact that men would find women in a mans
bathroom just as sick. Of course the majority of women and MEN don't desire the
opposite sex in their bathrooms.

Normal, sane men would not enjoy women in their bathrooms.

This law was passed as the majority of the constituency in North Carolina are
opposed to an obvious insidious strategy of coercion to influence public opinion.
North Carolina is simply seeking to minimize the war on culture that's seeking to
disseminate perversions against morality.

As a black man I'm insulted when any LGBT activist uses discrimination language
against homosexuality, transgender, as though it's the same civil rights offenses
that were perpetrated against blacks. Such an attitude is terribly ignorant of why
the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was proposed and ratified.

Since I'm not the average black man sitting on his brain, and know that civil rights
for people of color, started with ABOLITIONIST PREACHERS, most of which were
caucasian and men of God. It was Christian Preachers who were the pioneers for
ending slavery. So in my mind, all that constitutes Christian principles that is now
being vociferously attacked by LGBT activist to undermine morality, is also covert
discrimination against people of color.

Thankfully their are people in North Carolina with the foresight to understand
any radical deconstruction of gender, with policies to accept such nonsense
is detrimental to American culture.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowsOfEridu
Maybe I'm missing something but how significant is the trannie population that this is actually an issue? The U.S. has become bizarro world. Down is up and up is down.

Their trying to hold on to some kind of morality…you understand… each side.

The religious right wants to maintain what they think is right and the liberal left want to initiate a new or extended morality based on the fact of pluralism and the fact of LGBT human beings.

It’s a conundrum. An issue of deep division that will not be easily resolved.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowsOfEridu

Well again, according to my possibly-wrong Doctor, it's very high here because, if it is caused by pre/post labor, the USA had the lowest rate of death for pre/post pregnancy.

The "boys" don't cook long enough, and the "girls" cook too long.

We all start female.

Kind of amazed how fast this was dismissed. It makes a lot of sense.
edit on 6-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join