It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
I look forward to seeing businesses leaving these states and their economies crumbling over the next couple of years. If the moderate, sensible, rational and decent people of these states have any common sense they would be looking to move to a better state as soon as possible.

This is probably the best justice all around. You want to give businesses the "freedom" to discriminate? Then the businesses will use their freedom to move to not be in your state. Talk about ironic backfire.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nothing but culture war. That's all itll end up being.

For every paypal that leaves a state like North Carolina, there is a HObby Lobby to replace it.

But lets be honest here: there isn't a single state in the US that doesn't do something stupid like this from time to time. They are all caught up in gay hysteria and are trying to pander to their voters.

All politicians do it. Its not like North Carolina holds the patent on stupid.. I've been in about 40 of our 50 states, and can promise you one thing: stupid is everywhere, right next to his cousin "Bad Law".

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Krazysh0t
All politicians do it. Its not like North Carolina holds the patent on stupid.. I've been in about 40 of our 50 states, and can promise you one thing: stupid is everywhere, right next to his cousin "Bad Law".

No arguments here.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It will be a great day when the word gay does not have anymore weight than describing hair color. I am sick of talking about it we have major concerns that effect everybody and should bring everybody together.

I don't make my decisions of who I accept as a human being based on hair color.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It will be a great day when the word gay does not have anymore weight than describing hair color. I am sick of talking about it we have major concerns that effect everybody and should bring everybody together.

I don't make my decisions of who I accept as a human being based on hair color.

Even more, i don't make friend choices on how well the curtains match the drapes.

Thats a little more accurate as an analogy. Because someone being gay...its all about what is going on in the groin. As if that is anyones business.

"Im sorry, we can't be friends. The hair on your head is strawberry blonde, but your body hair is black"

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Even better!

On the other end I don't want to be called a homophobe because I don't like some bodies personality. True story.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I've been called racist for not liking my presidents leadership.

It happens.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well that does make you racist

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yet there is a real danger where kids undress in front of adults attracted to their gender for them to be molested.

I will not let a man be alone with my daughter in the bathroom. If she is, I will tell her to treat him like a rapist and F him up. Maybe he can cry about gender violence after. I wonder how often that happens for this simple reason.

No one is risking themselves over this mess.

Sorry. Common sense and the real world.

Show an example of this being a widespread problem, and then maybe you'll have a point. Right now, you appear to be heavily speculating based on fear and ignorance though.

first, show the unavailability of bathrooms to be a widespread problem.

Will you spend the extra $15000 to renovate your business and build a bathroom for the 1% of people who are transgender and somehow cannot deal with bathrooms the way they have been for the last 80 years?

Perhaps there can be a government subsidy for this, paid for by those rich folk.

Then maybe just stop asking questions about who is using what bathroom. And let the people decide. If a transgender person feels safer in a the newly assigned sex they are, then let them go in that bathroom. The stalls provide privacy anyways.

not sure why this approach wasn't the first choice anyway. I suppose the snowflake needed some attention rather than just relief.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

yep, let's have all the business decide weather they want to live in the states with the far right policies, or the states that have the far left policies... and let's have the people decide that also and magically come up with the money to move to the state of their liking.. and since we all have our own idea of what that perfect paradise would be, well, it's possible that we could have no two states with similar policies, expressing similar values. all the catholics could flock to one state, all the pagan can just flock to another, ect. ect. ect...... hey going from one state to another could be like going into another country!! and well, traveling by car from coast to coast could be a roller coaster ride from heaven to hell, back to heaven again!!!

the danged terrorists don't have to do a danged thing to destroy this country, just sit back and watch as we self destruct!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well...if folks weren't so damned intolerant of each other it wouldn't be a problem.

But then, our government wouldn't have any leverage to control the people with.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

ya, but it really the people who are intolerant, or is it more like the politicians are so busy planting seeds they are hoping to grow into intolerance. I kind of thing that most people in real life, as long as you and invading their space with a bunch of crap they don't want to deal with, they don't give a dang what you do.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya, but it really the people who are intolerant, or is it more like the politicians are so busy planting seeds they are hoping to grow into intolerance. I kind of thing that most people in real life, as long as you and invading their space with a bunch of crap they don't want to deal with, they don't give a dang what you do.

Humans are like automatons. Kinda, anyway. If you know which lever to pull, or which plunger to push, you can control a human. Easily.

The only way to fix it is to engage your mind. Some folks just don't have enough horsepower to really put up much fight, though.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

. . . all the catholics could flock to one state, all the pagan can just flock to another, ect. ect. ect . . .

That's what they did before Fair Housing.

Laws were made to prevent this.

Obama needs to add LGBT to the Civil Rights anti-discrimination list.

There are people fighting for this. It's come close, but hasn't happened yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Most fighting LGBT equality in America are fundamental Christians. Mostly Southern Baptist.

Some founders of the Southern Baptist were descendants of the Puritans. They were pretty much kicked out of England for trying to force a theocracy. Religious freedom my ass.

Anyway, they really believe God will do a Sodom and Gomorrah type thing if LGBT people are accepted.

I know why they fight it, but too bad --- I do not care what their belief is.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

if they didn't have the LGBT and abortion to blame for their future soon to be Sodom and Gomorrah type thing, it would be something else... probably women's rights in general... but they will always find something they want to "improve" society by getting rid of and they will always to to improve it by threatening the wrath of god if it's not done...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

. . . all the catholics could flock to one state, all the pagan can just flock to another, ect. ect. ect . . .

Obama isn't the king.

And its already done, according to the EEOC:

www.eeoc.gov...

ETA: the SCOTUS information from 2013:

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

edit on 4/6/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Obama isn't the king.

And its already done, according to the EEOC:

www.eeoc.gov...

ETA: the SCOTUS information from 2013:

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

What exists now applies only to Federal employees.

No, he is not King, but he can do some things.

I just know there is effort to do this.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

i swear, if we'g go back to just issuing ass whoopings people would be nicer to each other.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

i swear, if we'g go back to just issuing ass whoopings people would be nicer to each other.

Well besides the people issuing the ass whoopings. They don't sound like very nice people.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join