It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

no, actually, I haven't till this thread... lol... guess what, of all the companies I worked for that one shop was the only one that didn't have separate men and women restrooms, and there are few resturants in my city that don't have them as the only option. so what can I say...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Rocker2013

The family restroom which happens to be freaking unisex. Ever heard of it?

PS, I am not a man. Get a clue.

How many College/University campuses have those?
Please, I would love to know.

And in addition, how does wanting to control who uses what bathroom facilities have anything to do with employment law, the treatment of medical needs, the right to be treated equally in housing and legal affairs?

You seem to be fixating on this one "genital" issue while completely ignoring the fact that this law is so broad deliberately to allow discrimination across the board in all aspects of life.

And to be honest I don't care if you're a man or a woman, perhaps I just assumed that you were male because generally women are not as bigoted in their attitudes.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Let hazard a guess that had there been this same kind of response to Colorado's pot law you would have written a similar diatribe blasting the groups and companies involved as ignorant.

I understand you. You want what you want with no deviation anywhere from anyone.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Is the Jim Rose Circus still a thing? If not, Portland, probably.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

*snort* Given that I'm the one whom you want to thrust male genitals into my restroom ... perhaps you ought to rethink that assumption. It could simply be that most women are not so outspoken.

I have a hard enough time sharing with other women, now you want me sharing with a man too?
edit on 5-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Other states are denying travel for their officials.

I believe what I read said gov't employees, but I don't get this one, unless they are saying they can't travel there on the gov't's dime. I don't see how they can even attempt an employee from going anywhere they want in their own time... unless of course it's russia, or china, or some other country that is seen as a possible threat to the country.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It makes people nervous and angry. Not to mention, if we are protecting them so they don't feel uncomfortable, what gives the law the right to make everyone else feel nervous and uncomfortable like they felt just to make them happy?

When signs like this went away it made some people uncomfortable too.

My "discomfort" does not trump the rights for a transgender person to use the bathroom where they are the most safe and is the most appropriate for who they are as people. Face it, transgender people here are at much higher risks of being the victims of violence or harassment just for being who they are.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

have you read the law, do you know for sure it can be extended to other issues, because well, I did read much of it and it seems to be confined to just public restrooms, although I could very well be wrong...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

have you read the law, do you know for sure it can be extended to other issues, because well, I did read much of it and it seems to be confined to just public restrooms, although I could very well be wrong...

The original issue was the restrooms.

This bill has gone way beyond that.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

"I don't think it matters how they look as far as this law is concerned, what matters if what they were born as!! "

If I lived in any of those states, and was a transgendered person, I would be breaking that law. Going into the restroom that suited what I looked like the best. That law is going to result in all sides finding themselves in awkward situations.

And those kids that were in those pictures- hopefully the world gets more open minded for their sake. Puberty is a confusing time in general....

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I have a hard enough time sharing with other women, . . . .

I have never, ever understood this.

We all pee, etc. Its a normal bodily function every living mammal (at least) does.

What is the big deal?

Our minds have really been warped by teachings.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
BTW - - I think every company that does business in NC and Mississippi needs to start the process of relocating.

Money seems to be the only thing that makes a difference with these Ancient Brained Neanderthals.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We all pee, etc. Its a normal bodily function every living mammal (at least) does.

What is the big deal?

Well, one the one hand....you have your own idiosyncracies (I am sure, anyway) that I would likely think are ridiculous. Its just the way we are.

On the other hand, not being able to void in the company of others likely has nothing to do with teachings/culture, and more to do with biology.

My dogs can't poop if im around, either. If i walk out while they are in the act, they just hit reverse and try to act casual.

Its not uncommon in the animal kingdom. And deserves every bit as much recognition as a persons desire to alter their sex.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Annee

What is the big deal?

Well, one the one hand....you have your own idiosyncracies (I am sure, anyway) that I would likely think are ridiculous. Its just the way we are.

On the other hand, not being able to void in the company of others likely has nothing to do with teachings/culture, and more to do with biology.

My dogs can't poop if im around, either. If i walk out while they are in the act, they just hit reverse and try to act casual.

Its not uncommon in the animal kingdom. And deserves every bit as much recognition as a persons desire to alter their sex.

Sure, I have a phone phobia.

But, I have never understood the big deal about bodily functions.

I really, really just don't get it.

Some would hate living with us. We have one bathroom - - and everyone just comes and goes doing their business. Drying you hair when someone's pooping is not particularly pleasant - - - but, it beats getting yelled at by your boss when you're late.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They should change the bath room signs to

'XX'
And
'XY'

Then NC can teach evolution to the creation...umm....I mean teach evolution to evolutionist

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
They should change the bath room signs to

'XX'
And
'XY'

Then NC can teach evolution to the creation...umm....I mean teach evolution to evolutionist

You need to update your biology.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Eh, my dogs don't care.

But, they're Chihuahuas with attitude.

Chihuahuas have "little man syndrome" - - - they'll do anything to spite you.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Someone walks in on me while im in the bathroom, i may end up getting a few punches in before I realize who it even is. Its a very vulnerable position for me to be in, and my defensive reactions are a little overboard.

There's a reason some of us don't live in cities.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Someone walks in on me while im in the bathroom, i may end up getting a few punches in before I realize who it even is. Its a very vulnerable position for me to be in, and my defensive reactions are a little overboard.

There's a reason some of us don't live in cities.

LOL

Oh, I just know you would.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's a sad day when a public toilet becomes a political statement.

Humans are weird. Confirmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join