It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Bag on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is a Walmart bag...new stores opening up all over the place.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have been watching many videos online claiming that NASA never reached the space nor they've been to the moon and this is one more evidence that NASA might lying and this is an old plastic coca cola bottle somewhere n the desert of where they record all their fake space stuff for the public..
that's my opinion. I don't believe they were there and never will. whoever has sheer consciousness knows that NASA isn't able to even reach the firmament..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nothingiscoincidence
I have been watching many videos online claiming that NASA never reached the space nor they've been to the moon and this is one more evidence that NASA might lying and this is an old plastic coca cola bottle somewhere n the desert of where they record all their fake space stuff for the public..
that's my opinion. I don't believe they were there and never will. whoever has sheer consciousness knows that NASA isn't able to even reach the firmament..

So they take a picture and make it public, so we can all see the big hoax.

You can say a lot about NASA, but they are not stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Ummm...what's actually more amazing to me...other than the obvious piece of trash left on the surface by one of our missions...Is the smooth roundness of the surrounding pebbles...this tells me that they were either washed repeatedly in a wave/current-like manner...from flowing water...or rolled in a continous wind from the thin atmosphere during storms...

I'm going with the second hypothesis for 500 Alex...

That...to me is the most exciting aspect of those photo's...not our garbage we brought up there and left lieing around the surface...

YouSir
edit on 5-4-2016 by YouSir because: I likes to...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Astronauts are careless pricks too? Fingerprint it! It was all Matt Damon

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It also looks like some peeled reptile skin,? Or ashes from burned paper..

Lets do a twenty million dollar question NASA : " what's this on the surface of Mars? " who's paying for the right answer..?

edit on 0b29America/ChicagoTue, 05 Apr 2016 14:21:29 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 05 Apr 2016 14:21:29 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Those storms don't seem to have blown the plastic away though

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
looks like the nasa photoshop team is sleeping on the job again! whoopsie!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Pretty sure it is just a bit of plastic, that has come off of the thing they sent there. Then again, who really knows? I'm not even sure I exist. They tell me they went to the Moon, and I believe them; they say the Earth is round, and I believe them; and then I find out I'm just an experiment in AI.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
it is a piece of temporary plastic cover same as you get when you buy electric goods.
It's thought to have eventually fell of some part of curiosty back a while.

www.space.com...

Use the magnifyer here,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

And yet the speculation and NASA bashing continues mate.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's probably just off the rover...but it kinda looks like an insect's chrysalis after it's crawled out.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
onion skin. or a blister some alien picked off of his foot-claw

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
a reply to: YouSir

Those storms don't seem to have blown the plastic away though

Ummm...That is of course providing one actually knew...where...the trash fell originally...in relation to where it was photographed...which means any of a hundred scenarios...and only one the right one...

Did it just fall from the rover...possible
Did it fall earlier during the "Sky crane" landing...possible
Is it detritus from a previous landing...possible
Did the wind carry it to it's present location where it gently fluttered to the rounded pebble scree...again possible

I suppose our active imaginations will have to wait until the little rover dude reaches out and picks it up in it's little dusty waldo...flips it over...so we can all see the...Made in China label on the other side...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
My first impression was a Coca-cola bottle. I see some kind of label. The missus thought it was dead bird.

I dunno. It ain't no rock though.

I vote for coke addict Martians.

I think they tried to kick start evolution on Mars:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Wow first one of these threads I have actually been surprised by.

I say its meat!

Either its something we sent, or its martian civilization left overs.

Or meat!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
They've already determined the Mars rovers are actually on some isolated islands in the Arctic. They just stick red filters over the cameras.

I think they/he were more specific and said Greenland...It's not very convincing though to me at least, but make up your own mind, you can only make your own determination. Start around the three minute mark, to avoid this guy talking. It's all repeated later anyway.

edit on 5-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well I'm going to be the party crasher , its plastic from the rover and has been found in 2012 you can read all about it here , sorry I really hate myself , that i had to do a search ...

A small piece of NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently fallen off into the Red Planet dirt, scientists announced today (Oct. 9). Curiosity team members spotted the odd bright object on Sunday (Oct. 7) while studying photos of the rover's first Martian soil-scooping activity. Curiosity then spent much of Monday photographing the scrap further, allowing researchers to determine that it likely came off the 1-ton rover — though they're still not sure what exactly it is, or if its absence will affect Curiosity's mission appreciably. "The rover team's assessment is that the bright object is something from the rover, not Martian material," mission team members wrote in an update today. "It appears to be a shred of plastic material, likely benign, but it has not been definitively identified." - See more at: www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

though they're still not sure what exactly it is

So they can navigate a techie toy umpteen million miles and land it with precision. But, they don't have any idea what this little piece of plastic fell off of???

I'm still waiting for the cigarette butt to be photographed (or would "they" delete that?)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Sorry, I'm calling that a feeble attempt by NASA to explain away their own cock up...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I thought it was Canada. ATS link: Are the Mars Rovers actually in Canada?

And yes, that does look like plastic or a foil bag (for storing food stuffs)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join