It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Reveals How Mexico Will Pay For Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
so what your saying op... is you have no problem with an illegal immigrant coming to this country, taking advantage of the situation... putting themselves on tax payer paid welfare programs, food stamps, and welfare, and then sending that money out of this country? how is that fair to americans? they are illegal, they dont belong here, and then the free money they get isnt even spent in this country. instead billions are sent back to mexico. and its not just mexicans. i know immigrants from yemen. buffalo ny is full of them... well the suburb lackawanna ( if you remember the lackawanna 6 ) they over stayed their visas, they are illegal, they get 1450 a month in snap food stamps, they get 850 a month in welfare, and section 8 housing. they work at a warehouse at 15 an hour, and i heard them say they send something liek a grand to their family in yemen each month.
this needs to stop. illegals are taking taking advantage of our systems meant to help people who are down on their luck.
build the wall
add tariffs to incoming goods
make it a felony to come over the border
triple the border security force.
# make america great again

And they, as a whole, inject a huge amount of money into the local economies via sales taxes, rent, and general cost of living expenses. They don't get many of these benefits you claim they do. Sure they rent an apartment and pack it full to send money back to their families in Mexico, but they work long hours, doing jobs nobody else wants at a wage nobody else would work for.

Last I checked the roofing industry wasn't full of white guys waiting in line for the job. Same with migrant farming. Nope, nobody interested in that kind of work. Go illegals!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Sorry but 49% of American households on public assistance? That's half! No really, who believes that happy crappy?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So you are prefacing your hyperbole with an assumption that the illegals are committing additional crimes to obtain the welfare? Namely identity theft and welfare fraud, two things which the government doesn't agree with and are thus NOT the same thing as an illegal jumping the boarder and just signing up for benefits at a local SS office.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

"Illegals aren't allowed to use welfare... Any welfare programs. You need a SSN to go on social programs. Get a clue. "

this was your statement.... and its wrong. yes they arent allowed to use it... but 62% of them do.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I really love these stories about the poor living like kings on welfare. And it's even more hilarious that every person opposed to the system knows someone who is cheating it.

Just normal "hate the poor" rhetoric. Apparently large swaths of poor people with little to no economic power are able to take advantage and game the system WAY better than a select few group of people with obscene wealth, connections, and economic power.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Sure why not?

He will just change all the banking laws to allow his dictatorship to work.

This man doesn't have a clue.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

We paid to send our men to the moon. We didn't send them and get some other country to pay for it.
Not even remotely the same thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

What does Mexico do for us beside make cheap crap and being us drugs? How can they tell the Mexicans are leaving the country if they are illegal, i doubt they will participate in the census. Why do you not want to have a boarder?
edit on 5-4-2016 by CosmicSmack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The man is never going to get elected so this is really a moot point.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Hey I'm looking to put a new roof on the house. You got a number?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
None of this changes the facts of this wall stupidity. First, the various contractors and subcontractors who will actually build said wall, if it were to ever clear Congressional funding, will want to be paid in real time money, not "We'll get the money through trying to stop Money gram transfers to Mexico somehow." What contractors would even bid on the job without knowing the project was funded? Nobody. But then again, that whole idea that we'd just have Mexico pay for it through whatever imaginary means is a joke because:

Second, said Congressional funding. Trumpy might not know this seeing as he doesn't seem to know much, but Congressional funding is a one hundred percent necessity to even begin to think about actually building some giant wall. It done by fiscal year, not in one mighty swoop of the pen, and without it, the entire project would be in violation of the Anti-Deficiency Act which prevents the government from obligating funds not already appropriated through Congress. Mexico is going to pay for it doesn't work in reality land.

Finally, those on this site who seem to be in favor of this wall are also commonly not big fans of the government just swooping in and taking away privately owned land. Well, I've got some bad news for you folks, because you are stuck between a rock and a hard place on that one. Just acquiring the privately owned land via eminent domain, and gaining all of the various needed rights-of-way for temporary roads etc. would take the better part of ten years to complete, and most of that land will be forcibly taken at fair market value to build your fancy, luxurious wall. Better get your head right with that.

In the end, after all of that has been accomplished, maybe they break ground in 2027. Not likely, but maybe. That wall will never be built.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Those brilliant few. Amazing isn't it?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Oh, he makes me laugh!! This guy is a lot of fun!
I really got a kick out of that.

The Power of the Word. It's so potent now. All Donald has to do is shine the light on something with words and it causes a blast throughout the matrix. It's like Obama saying two words -- gun control, which initiates a huge buying spree of guns and ammunition.

Donald's got Mexico doing a reset (again) and all he did was say a few sentences about how (not realistic) to pay for a wall. He's breaking down the status quo of many ingrained behaviors and ways by coming out with all of these quips. It's something to watch. I never see this stuff on his Twitter feed.

Thanks for the humor, Donald!! You sure are shaking things up. This whole bloated, evil, sham of a campaign process we have in this country will never be the same after 2016.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Illegals can go on many social programs, varies with the state.
Here in California, they can get health insurance, living funds, reduced college rates. I have the forms stating that.
Many have phony SSN IDs so they get thru.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
and theres other ways he plans on having the wall paid for :
www.cnn.com...

read the article... it all makes sense.
"-- a plan that relies largely on threatening to bar undocumented Mexican immigrants in the United States from wiring money to relatives in Mexico.
Using a broad interpretation of the post-9/11 USA Patriot Act, Trump writes in the memo that he would threaten to issue new regulations that would compel money transfer companies like Western Union to verify a client's identity and legal status before authorizing a wire transfer.
The memo also lays out other potential tactics to force Mexico to shell out for the border wall that Trump first laid out in the immigration policy paper he released in August, including imposing tariffs on imports from Mexico, canceling Mexican nationals' visas and raising visa fees."

a threat can go a looooooooooooooong way. who else has the balls to do this for americans? bernie? ha...
impose the tariffs on incoming goods... bring the jobs back from mexico, raise the visa fees, get them off welfare...
#makeamericarichagain

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

That makes more sense. The way it was presented as a sound bite took it out of context. I didn't read the article until just now. It's about people being in this country illegally and how they profit from our system.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

What does Mexico do for us beside make cheap crap and being us drugs? How can they tell the Mexicans are leaving the country if they are illegal, i doubt they will participate in the census. Why do you not want to have a boarder?

Do you honestly believe that asking a bunch of random questions negates my point? And where did I say I didn't want to have a border?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I actually didn't say that. You got the wrong guy. Go back and read.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuckk

Illegals can go on many social programs, varies with the state.
Here in California, they can get health insurance, living funds, reduced college rates. I have the forms stating that.
Many have phony SSN IDs so they get thru.

You CAN'T count phony SSN's, because that is identity theft and welfare fraud. Two additional crimes to crossing the border. Both of which the government HEAVILY disapproves of, and is also moving the goal posts away from the narrative that the government is supposedly just giving out welfare to illegals whenever they want it.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

yes the democratic regime is letting illegals poor in - they vote for democrats -this is how it goes
hey jose, did you hear that juan hopped the border, and they are giving him health insurance, free food, free money, free schooling, free housing... and he works on a pig farm at 8 dollars an hour, and he just sent his family a check for 1000 which can buy a house here in mexico?
wow guadalupe, im going to the US! whats the catch?
no catch, guess you just have to vote democrat....
crossing the border without documentation - illegal
using fake/stolen ssns to receive benefits illegally - crime
sending money that was handed to you to use to live - back to your family in mexico - should be illegal

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join