It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Reveals How Mexico Will Pay For Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

is you have no problem with an illegal immigrant coming to this country, taking advantage of the situation... putting themselves on tax payer paid welfare programs, food stamps, and welfare, and then sending that money out of this country?

Illegal immigrants are not eligible for means tested welfare programs for themselves. They can collect certain benefits for their American born children (WIC, food stamps, free school lunches, Medicaid). Their children attend schools but illegal immigrants also pay state and local taxes which is the primary source of funding for public schools. The ITEP estimates that on average, illegal immigrants nationwide pay about 8% of their income to state and local taxes.

They're also paying federal taxes because many of them use fake and expired social security numbers to get employment.

Vice - Unauthorized Immigrants Paid $100 Billion Into Social Security Over Last Decade

Unauthorized workers are paying an estimated $13 billion a year in social security taxes and only getting around $1 billion back, according to a senior government statistician. Stephen Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration (SSA), told VICE News that an estimated 7 million people are currently working in the US illegally. Of those, he estimates that about 3.1 million are using fake or expired social security numbers, yet also paying automatic payroll taxes. Goss believes that these workers pay an annual net contribution of $12 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund. The SSA estimates that unauthorized workers have paid a whopping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade. Yet as these people are in the US illegally, it is unlikely that they will be able to benefit from their contributions later in life.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Lol........I'm saying if he chooses to do this, many Americans will be unnecessarily harassed.

Maybe we should make all of the Mexicans wear arm bands!!!! Now THAT is an idea! Sounds somewhat familiar though.....huh.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Trump could always use the rocks in his head to build the wall, that will save billions.

C'mon...The Cartels have constructed makeshift catapults to get drugs over the border, they have dug elaborate tunnels to get drugs under the border, and there is that tiny little thing called the ocean they can use to go around the border. How exactly is this clown going to pull this off? I've already made a thread about the mind boggling cost of building the Great wall of Trump and all that money that isn't sent home to family would be a penny in a pothole when it comes to creating Trumps monstrosity.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight
Trump says he will force Mexico to pay for the wall by denying Mexican immigrants from sending money back home.

First off I don't how this is legal, or even possible. This guy reminds me way too much of a dictator. Makes me uneasy to be honest.

TextDonald Trump said he would force Mexico to pay for a border wall with the United States by blocking Mexican immigrants from sending money back home, the Republican presidential front-runner told The Washington Post in a memo.

I'll add the link later. My phone keeps throwing me off the site.

Don't know if it's legal?
All he has to do is call them a terrorist state because of the drug cartels killing Americans, and he can close the border tighter than a fish's bu tt hole. Then sending money would be treason. Will it get litigated? Sure. How long will it take, and how long can Mexican nationals receiving the money go without that money? I bet it tales years to wind through the court system.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I don't know exactly how remittances work, but I think that they are done through banks, using transfers.
The ideal situation would not be to reclaim the money, but to stop the money flow through the bank.
Maybe set rules up to where you have to prove citizenship before setting up a remittance account.
Proof of citizenship when you try to send money to another country through Western Union and similar companies.
People could still send physical money somehow, but I think through various new regulations, someone should be ablke to stop the flow of 'digital' money across the boarder through proof of citizenship requirements.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: DogMeat
Exactly. Sounds unrealistic and extremely discriminate.

we sent a man to the moon

we can build a wall

you kids are silly

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc
That is correct. That's why I said, "I don't know how this is legal...". But thanks for clearing it up.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

a reply to: DogMeat
Exactly. Sounds unrealistic and extremely discriminate.

we sent a man to the moon

we can build a wall

you kids are silly

I was actually referring to figuring out who was a citizen and who isn't. Seems you would have to discriminate to get it done.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

the goal is not to reclaim it, but to stop the flow of wealth out of the country. I think Mexico will pay for the wall willing because they need the US more then the US needs Mexico. Without the US Mexico will collapse.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Send the money to a foreign bank. Get the relatives a card. Problem solved. Unless he plans to stop all financial transfers out of the US. The business world would come to a complete halt.
LOL. it just gets more bizarre every day. That his supporters are still with him after this past week alone just boggles the mind. What are they thinking? That he will settle down once elected? Do they think that his impossible plans will suddenly and magically become possible? Like clearing the national debt? In a mere 8 years....
Or this building a wall and getting Mexico to pay for it. Just how much does he think these migrant workers have that they can finance a major construction project? Or does he think they should, you know , get a small loan of a million dollars each from their fathers?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No one said it's ok. This plan on the other hand is just about the stupidest thing yet to come out of his mouth.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gator2001

China is communist. This is America . We are not.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
I don't know exactly how remittances work, but I think that they are done through banks, using transfers.
The ideal situation would not be to reclaim the money, but to stop the money flow through the bank.
Maybe set rules up to where you have to prove citizenship before setting up a remittance account.
Proof of citizenship when you try to send money to another country through Western Union and similar companies.
People could still send physical money somehow, but I think through various new regulations, someone should be ablke to stop the flow of 'digital' money across the boarder through proof of citizenship requirements.

Still sounds like an invasion of privacy to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

i own a collection agency. we work pay day loans and installment loans from texas. i deal with illegals all the time that use other peoples social security numbers, and dead peoples ssi. they take out loans easily, and where does that money go?
its so easy to use a bad ssn. the illegals know the game. they use a legals numbers, a dead persons numbers, a family or relatives numbers. its not hard... in fact its extremely easy.

“Of legal immigrant households with children, 72 percent access one or more welfare programs, compared to 52 percent of native households,” states the report. And illegal immigrant households have higher use rates of government benefits than native-born households.Sep 10, 2015
www.google.com... con.com%2Fissues%2Freport-majority-of-illegal-immigrant-households-on-welfare%2F&usg=AFQjCNEWp3xeUBvoky8MR0rc9yOj2tcwAg&sig2=LbMZKjv5xLV8d2EDfwSqNg&bv m=bv.118443451,d.cWw

yes illegals are on welfare ... u can get a clue sir

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack

the goal is not to reclaim it, but to stop the flow of wealth out of the country. I think Mexico will pay for the wall willing because they need the US more then the US needs Mexico. Without the US Mexico will collapse.

Really? How did you come about this knowledge? Because all information points to the idea that the US is more like a parasite to Mexico rather than a helpful neighbor. If you think NAFTA hurt our country, it absolutely BROKE Mexico. NAFTA: 20 years of regret for Mexico . And they don't even get much of a say in getting rid of it.

Then let's not forget that recently more Mexicans are leaving the States rather than entering it. But hey, I'm eager to hear your evidence of Mexico's said reliance on the United States.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

toprightnews.com...

"Illegal Aliens Sent $21.6 Billion in Cash Back to Mexico in 2013"

is that stupid to comment on? thats a ton of money. and thats reported money. think of all the under the table money thats sent.
"Nearly 74 million transactions were registered in 2013"
74 million transactions that could of been made to this country. all by illegals on welfare and working here illegally. again trump is right. mexico, china, japan... things are okay to do there. mexico built a wall across the southern border, why cant we? china doesnt allow anyone to send money out of their country, why cant we?

yes illegals are on welfare, yes they send most of that money back to mexico, yes its wrong and it needs to be stopped. trump will figure out how.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

being harassed? hold on here buddy...
so its ok for joe illegal, to come to our country illegally... steal our jobs, live off our welfare programs, get free health insurance and food stamps...and to send the money that we as tax payers gave them for free... back to another country?

whos being harassed here? our policies? barry soetoro is letting these thugs gang members, and some... are good people... flood our border right now so they will come here and vote democrat...
whos being harassed?
627,000 crimes committed by illegals in texas alone since 2009... whos being harassed here?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

they arent eligible for welfare?
freebeacon.com...

Report: Majority of Illegal Immigrant Households On Welfare
In 2012, 62 percent got benefits, while 49 percent of legal households also on public assistance

62 percent of illegals in welfare....

and your trying to say they pay taxes? wow so does every legal citizen. but 62% of legal citizens arent on welfare

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes and unless they have like 14 people in the home they're not getting 1400 a month in benefits. They offer about $90.00 per month per person on average. And it's not supposed to be your only source for food. It's a supplement. I volunteer at the local food bank and have spoken to folks. They are not even allowed to get food donations from the bank more than once a month. (Peanut butter and powdered milk and canned vegetables mostly). Any other food needs they have to provide for themselves.
I really love these stories about the poor living like kings on welfare. And it's even more hilarious that every person opposed to the system knows someone who is cheating it.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I actually said none of that garbage.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join