It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda Techniques- Read and ask yourself are you really free within your opinions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: auraofblack
a reply to: Gryphon66

Haha, I could tell you but.... I'd have to ki...

It comes from a pro-canna website I have been a member of several years. You make a good point though, I could be paid by the TPTB and it could all be a ruse to get you bogged down in thinking about these details so that you become unable to trust truth, even if it punched you in the face.

Sounds like the only thing "We the People" can do is use our minds and think as critically as possible insisting on the best facts available and avoiding/distrusting emotional appeals based on belief ...

Good idea!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Excellent thread.

How about these plays out of the playbook.

1)Trauma based mind control/ Trauma based coercion. Using traumatizing events,imagery,phrases,information to bias the target into favoring the deceiver's position.Usually implemented with the Hegelian script/problem reaction solution strategy. MSM loves this one.

2)Appeal to irrationality and passions.

3)If you don't agree with the "official" narrative from the "officials" your a [insert label] and deserve to be shamed/ignored/harmed/persecuted/disliked.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Propaganda always existed one way or another! Before internet and TV there was the Radio, and before that, there were books and writings. Systematic use of propaganda on a wide scale during peace time, was very common during the "illuminism" period in Europe. So called "philosophers" and enlightened thinkers, were in reality nothing more than propaganda agents and often outright spin doctors.

For example Voltaire!

Therefore, in the framework of defining propaganda or justifying propaganda, those "thinkers and philosophers" cannot be used as a fulcrum. Claiming that, since they were "philosophers", and they supported propaganda, the western propaganda/lies/scams is they way, is a dangerous path!

Those guys weren't "philosophers", they were propaganda. So some smart asses may try to justify propaganda with positive propaganda about propaganda. That''s very bad!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is a curious point of view and a nice idea for thoughts. i am sure many people have no personal opinion in fact. All things which we consider as our own are just a part of propaganda

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: auraofblack

Excellent list and knowledge. . .also, very interesting how you spread your own propaganda (i.e.immigration) throughout your examples.

So, did you do it on purpose or was it unintentional? Either way, you demonstrate propaganda very well, not just as a tactic to influence people, but also as an example of how humans have great difficulty in avoiding propagandizing themselves via their own bias.

Not hating on you, just found it interesting enough to comment on.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The challenging thing about propaganda is that we're most vulnerable to those who sound our tune and most easily excite our emotional support. A republican isn't much affected by the propaganda of a democratic candidate and vice versa....but he is totally vulnerable to the propaganda of the republican candidate he throws his full support behind and vice versa. They have data on all the fragmented groups, and they know how to create a persona that speaks to the unconscious motives of those groups.

Propaganda is the girlfriend you refuse to believe is cheating on you despite all of the evidence because every time she looks into your eyes, she knows how to make you feel that such a thing could never be possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join