It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berger-Clinton Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A federal grand jury probing whether top-secret documents were illegally removed from the National Archives.
The grand jury probe is digging into why a Bill Clinton aide, Sandy Berger, sneaked the national security documents out of the Archives — possibly in his socks.
Berger admits walking off with 40 to 50 top-secret documents from the archives, but claims it was an "honest mistake" while vetting documents for the 9/11 commission.
Berger has admitted destroying some documents — he says by mistake.
Question- What is it that Berger and Clinton are trying to hide?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Can you imagine if former National Security Advisor Condi Rice, did the same thing as Sandy "Burgler" Berger?

Liberals are hypocrits.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Can you imagine if former National Security Advisor Condi Rice, did the same thing as Sandy "Burgler" Berger?

Liberals are hypocrits.

No............they are all hypocrits, I don't believe for even an instant that he made a mistake.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Today Berger pled guilty to cutting up the documents...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This was originally brought up by Realist05 way back in January. Sandy Burgler has now admitted to destroying documents, most likely to protect Clinton. He is only recieving a $10,000 fine and revocation of his Top Secret Clearence for 3 years.

This is a Watergate type offense, but because it was done by a Democrat, let's just slap him on the wrist?

Rush has best take on the issue...as always!

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

RUSH: It's a great April Fool's joke. Sandy Burglar admits, ladies and gentlemen, to taking documents out of the National Archives three to four different occasions and is going to get a $10,000 fine and loose his security clearance for three years.

Another good article...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

The document, written by former National Security Council terrorism expert Richard Clarke, was prepared in early 2000 detailing the administration's actions to thwart terrorist attacks during the millennium celebration. It contained considerable discussion about the administration's awareness of the rising threat of attacks on U.S. soil.

Berger was reviewing materials as a representative of the Clinton administration to the national commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The question of what Clinton knew and did about the emerging al-Qaida threat before leaving office in January 2001 was acutely sensitive, as suggested by Berger's poring over the Clarke report before his testimony.

If Condi Rice or anyone in the Bush Administration did anything like this, what would the response be, from liberals, democrats, the media?

It wouldn't be just a slap on the wrist like Sandy Burgler is getting.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Actually the bush administration doesn't have to be worry about anything because bush already proclaim that his administration would no be accountable for any mistakes.

So don't worry, nothing can touch bush and Co.

Perhaps only the religous extremist fundamentalist, play with the devil and you are going to get burn.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This certainly sounds like a joke! Someone removing top secret documents from the National Archives and destroying them, presumably to cover up something, and only a (relatively) small fine? Plus, he'll get his clearance back after 3 years?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Giving this guy his security clearance back in 3 years is like giving a fat rat the key to the cheese factory. There is no doubt in my mind that if a Republican did this, the very liberal media that is under-reporting this story would crucify him/her.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we tolerate so much corruption from Democratic politicians. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination claiming that there isn't corruption in the Republican party. There certainly is. Maybe even greater so. But it's clear to me that there's two sets of rules in this country: One for the Democrats, and the other for the Republicans. Just look at a guy like Ted Kennedy. He cheats on his wife, gets drunk, drives his car off a bridge and leaves his mistress to drown. Then he goes home and doesn't report it for at least another day. He gets a slap on the wrist, while a guy like Trent Lott makes an off-color comment in praise of Strom Thurman at a party honoring the man, and he gets thrown to the wolves for it. Meanwhile the senior most Democrat in the Senate, Robert Byrd, is a former member of the KKK!

Sorry to stray off the path there. Things like this just enrage me. It's bad for all you liberal hippies out there as well because no one is ever going to take your claims seriously until you stop ignoring the problems in your own backyard amongst your own representatives, instead of crying about 16 words in the State of the Union.

new topics

top topics

join