It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump warns of massive recession, martial law, riots and crime waves in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

they are both warning of looming recession/depression.

Trump is just more dramatic.

Another 2008 when the bankers have no more ammo will be pretty dramatic to those who get crushed in it.

Chaos in the streets? who knows. depends on how bad it gets. There are a great many people in the cities dependent on government subsidies. It is not outside the realm of possibility that another recession, given all of the other current events, could knock us all on our knees.
edit on 4-4-2016 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2016 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: akira131

Fear-Mongering

Fear mongering or scaremongering is the deliberate use of fear based tactics including exaggeration and usually repetition to influence the public in order to achieve a desired outcome.

I called it out as fear mongering. One is doing this, the other isn't. It's truly as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
give the financial elite 24 hours to leave the US with what they can...Take that material wealth and give them cash.

Now here's a candidate I can vote for.

Tadaman for President!!

No ... I'm not even kidding.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Given that this is the same man who said that 2006 was, quote, "a great time to start a mortgage company," I think we can safely say he doesn't know what he's talking about.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I wonder if anyone doubts this just because it's Trump saying it?

The 2008 "crisis" was a derivative collapse remember, and all we heard before the fall was good news.

Does anybody know what the banks are doing right now to "prevent" the next collapse?

Funny how even on ATS nobody even went to the source to see if it is true!!!

Nope, Trump said it, it is a lie!!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Trump could be exaggerating slightly, but there is a palpable threat of a financial meltdown. As for those mocking Trump, I can remember Perot getting mocked for his giant sucking sound comments by the same sort of smugness that is going on in this thread. He was another billionaire who made a couple financial mistakes so all the so-called intellectuals derided his analysis and said there was nothing to fear. How did that turn out?
edit on 4-4-2016 by Arizonaguy because: Typos

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Earliest date I could find:

moneymorning.com...

I have no idea what I'm posting here

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

The economy can be on rocky footing and Donald Trump can still not know what he's talking about. They're not mutually exclusive.

Trump predicted financial smooth sailing back in the mid-2000s because he was trying to sell properties and a mortgage company. Trump is predicting a financial meltdown now because he's running for the GOP nomination and is trying to spin every problem from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to our current economic blahs as a problem that only he can solve. His "predictions" are nothing more than the outcomes he wants to see for his own short-term financial and political gain.

The entire global economy has been a house of cards since (at least) the Bretton Woods conference in 1944. Maybe before that. The biggest difference between now and then is that there are now fewer regulations in place to keep the house of cards from collapsing on itself.

Any number of things could trigger another recession (or worse). Pick your poison: a Brexit leads to the collapse of the Euro, a Chinese economy that either falters or collapses due to a housing bubble or over-reliance on manufacturing, the slow burn of underwhelming growth and underemployment in the US. Any one of them could have awful consequences, now or down the road.

None of that means that Trump is anything but a blowhard and a charlatan.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

one day.....lol

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Of course we doubt everything Trump says and it's disturbing there are people who don't doubt him!

Alex Jones has been saying the same thing for how long now and everyone doubts him. Glenn Beck has also been saying the same thing so why is it truth when Trump says it?
edit on 4-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SwillsWe should attack Twump and stop him, He shoulg not be allowed to speak anywhere. We should send people to attack his lame supporters. They are stupid and shouldnt be allowedto vote. As Mott the Hoople said " Violence, Violence, the only thing that makes any sense" We must win this at all costs.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

a movement, the precipice of change inevitably spawns out of necessity

at what cost? a price you can't afford to pay today.
you don't know your real enemies, your words will fall on blinder eyes

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'd rather he'd be ignored but the media loves him because he brings ratings so ignoring him is impossible at this point. Good news is, according to polls he loses to either Sanders or Clinton so eventually he will return from whence he came.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Trump warns of massive recession, martial law, riots and crime waves in U.S.

Is this a prediction of what will happen if he gets elected?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This entire election cycle has been nothing but promoting fear. Fear of this or that, of anything or anyone that is different. Fear that society is going to crash and burn, fear of the future, fear of those who are not from this country, fear of those who look different. That is all that is.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Do we realize the awesome power of this economic eco-system we live in?

Just look around you. See the vast cities and suburbs, huge farming enclaves, the transit system.

Even this one is yet antiquated because republicans are running a austerity scam and wont rebuild the infrastructure, it still is an awesome sight our transit, civil infrastructure of massive highways and airports and plane and boat travel.

WE ARE RICH!

NO ONE HAS TO BE IN NEED!

All my complaint is and always has been is we just need to take care of the poor, the sick, and the weary.

Not a nanny state but a basic condition of at least making people human beings that live at a livable basic material existence where they or their children don’t go hungry, cold, or homeless.

Let's just stop the massive greed for a minute and look at ourselves and do the basics, then we can all shoot for the moon

Just don’t leave anyone behind.

Cause if there’s a God in heaven I bet you he won’t let the human race go anywhere, not one of us, unless ALL of us are ready to go.

All or nothing

we don't have to have riots and fear

Just some insight

edit on 4-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

so did godzilla, but not until after destroying Tokyo.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
it wouldn't surprise me if the derivatives did tank our economy, but well, trumps seems to be quite a few hours late and a heck of alot of pennies short. did he come up with a solution to the mess? or is it more like don't vote for the other guy, he won't fix it, without telling us how he will fix it... personally I don't see any fixing, either war or well, just scrap the whole mess and start over, hey I know give a year of worldwide jubilee, at this point I think most owe more than they are owed anyways, with the big banks probably being the worst shape..so what the heck...

on a side note,

Under the auspices of "protecting clients from criminal activity," JPMorgan Chase has decided to impose withdrawal limits on certain ATM transactions. As WSJ reports, following the bank's ATM modification to enable $100-bills to be dispensed with no limit, some customers started pulling out tens of thousands of dollars at a time. This apparent bank run has prompted Jamie Dimon to cap ATM withdrawals at $1,000 per card daily for non-customers.

www.zerohedge.com...

and then there is Chase....

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. capped ATM withdrawals at $1,000 per card daily for noncustomers—cracking down as people started pulling out tens of thousands of dollars at a time when the bank was modifying its machines to dispense hundred-dollar bills with no limit.

www.wsj.com...

na, the economy is great, the banks are 100% trustworthy!!!
nothing to see here!!!
either the people with big bucks know something we don't or the panama papers have some people spooked and they're clearing out their bank accounts before they are frozen!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, Trump is a dip sh*t, but he's kinda right in a way... The 800lb elephant in the room that no one wants to mention is that looming derivatives bubble... Today, the worldwide derivatives market is approximately 20 times the size of the entire global economy. With low estimates around $600 trillion and high estimates around $1.5 quadrillion... This could cripple the global economy... and it likely will... because we are a stupid species, and truly are our own worst enemies... So intelligent, yet so stupid... I really wish we'd learn from previous mistakes..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I'm starting to get a clearer picture of Trumps vision of a new America - between the wall, the domestic LEOs being issued military grade weaponry and apparent martial law being enacted against the citizenry there appears to be a striking similarity to a prison, except we may not get 3 solid meals a day!!

Sounds scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join